Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 2-2 Man Utd - Post Match Thread

22 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Thought it was a really interesting discussion. They all concluded that we are an impressive club and doing things the right way but Scholes is still of the 'old fashioned' view that Arsenal are the better club to go to. That's the mentality we need to smash. A couple of years at Seagrave and we absolutely will be a bigger club than Arsenal.

A bigger stadium is required, too. 

53 minutes ago, Hansifüx said:

vardy and maddison are overrated, another own goal which will count as a vardy goal .... Barnes and Fofana are boss  and thanks to them we have a point

You my friend should never be allowed to comment on a football match again!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ferry67 said:

I know what you mean, but I don’t think Rodgers wanted to disrupt the side and concede another late goal

the result today was more important psychologically expect Castagne, Ndidi, Vardy, maddison an Barnes at least to be rested, as Thomas, Mendy, Nacho, Praet and Under/ Perez could step in, think we can make 5-6 changes an still be in the game last 20 mins v Palace an bring on reinforcements if needed.

Good result against a "big 6" team. Competent, but not outstanding, performances all round, against a good team that were occasionally threatening and took their chances well. Despite repeatedly committing fouls, Fernandes seemed inexplicably untouchable by Mike Dean after his yellow card; if it frustrates us as fans, it must surely be the same for the players.

• Like 2

Arsenal pay two players at least a a third of our weekly wage bill! 

they are a way bigger club than us , they have a great training ground and a long history of winning trophies 

why can’t we just accept that some clubs are bigger than us for lots of reasons and hence more attractive to players - seagrave and rodgers give us a bigger pull than we’ve had for some time and we may be able to claim to be the best option for a player away from the ‘big six’.  With Everton and West Ham out there, that’s a decent place to be ! 

1 hour ago, Hansifüx said:

vardy and maddison are overrated, another own goal which will count as a vardy goal .... Barnes and Fofana are boss  and thanks to them we have a point

Somebody else who doesn't know what their talking about. Think you should check dictionary.

1 hour ago, Hansifüx said:

I've seen and posted some shite on here but saying Vardy is overrated has gotta be one of the most laughable posts ever

• Like 3

Very much deserved that. Indicates excellent progress to me, consistently going shoulder to shoulder with the "big six" and not being overawed or overwhelmed. Shoule bode well for a European challenge this season.

Ndidi, Fofana and Justin were all excellent but think Tielemans has to be man of the match.

Maddison wasn't great and neither was Albrighton but as a few other posters have said, he was very good defensively.

In the end, a fair result 👍

1 hour ago, Izzy said:

Decent point against an in form side. Would have taken that at kick off.

We're still too naïve against the big boys for my liking but hopefully we'll learn.

Vardy saves our ass yet again

I reckon Perez had also something to say...

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Thought it was a really interesting discussion. They all concluded that we are an impressive club and doing things the right way but Scholes is still of the 'old fashioned' view that Arsenal are the better club to go to. That's the mentality we need to smash. A couple of years at Seagrave and we absolutely will be a bigger club than Arsenal.

I believe most players will see having Arsenal etc on their CV as more of an influence on their next contract discussion with a prospective new club. Not sure how we change that mentality as its now so engrained in the football pysche. 

22 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

This is why we have such a long way to go. Footballing terms, we're kixking that door of the top 6. Financially, we have some way to catch up.

Financially we're a long way off but it's what you do with that money. Arsenal's front 3 Aubameyang Lacazette Pepe cost them 180m whereas mahrez and vardy cost 1.7 mil. We're a much better run club than arsenal so im confident we can overtake them as a regular top 6 side.

Richest 6. As BR said it’s all based on finance. Man U , Liverpool , Man City and Chelsea will just spend big to try achieve perceived success. Spuds and arsenal finding it hard to keep up . Top teams do tend to cycle over the years so here’s my view. Spuds and arsenal to be replaced by city and anyone else who can get it right. I’d rather support and enjoy watching the latter.

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Proved that when he started chasing down a ball which he gave us back cos we knocked it out of play for injury 

Yeah that incident perfectly epitomises his character, as did him rolling around for a foul and then getting up as normal when someone passed it to him.

Ridiculously effective player but an absolute excrement stain of a sportsman. Does it every game