Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Crystal Palace 1-1 LCFC - Post Match Thread

Just now, SecretPro said:

Absolutely fuming. Brendan dropped a bollock AGAIN just when things are looking good. Needless changes, poor team selection. Why Gray even getting on the pitch, let alone stealing free kicks from players with actual talent?!. 

If we can upgrade the likes of Ayoze and Nacho then maybe we could start showing the likes of Palace the contempt that Brendan showed them today. Whilst we have to fall back on Sunday League players like Nacho and Gray the moment games get a little bit close together then we will never be a convincing top 4 side. Those dropped points today will have a massive impact on where we finish this season. Its not good enough, especially from Brendan. Creating out own problems. These are professional athletes, I couldn't give a shit if its 2 games in 3 days, I really couldn't, especially when there is a weeks rest until the next one. Poor, poor, poor. 

Behave

• Like 1

Just now, kingfox said:

Story of that match...

Amartey and Mendy took their chance, both were excellent.

Unsurprisingly Iheanacho and Gray didn’t take theirs.

Time to cut ties with Iheanacho in January, time we got in Vardy’s understudy. 

Amartey and the whole defence went completely missing for their goal

Continue to play this defence at your peril 

A draw was the least we deserved from the game, and credit to Barnes for bailing us out, 2 decent goals for from him in the last two, really impressed that he's taking chances and improving this part of his game. Poor second half showing from us prior to the goal though.

Hugely disappointed with Iheanacho, that was a huge opportunity for him today and he has not taken it, such a poor penalty he scores that and we win the game easily.

5 points from Spurs, United and Palace is still a very decent haul, I have to question why we have this extra game though between the Christmas and New Years fixtures as our full strength team would have beaten Palace with ease.

Just now, SecretPro said:

Absolutely fuming. Brendan dropped a bollock AGAIN just when things are looking good. Needless changes, poor team selection. Why Gray even getting on the pitch, let alone stealing free kicks from players with actual talent?!. 

If we can upgrade the likes of Ayoze and Nacho then maybe we could start showing the likes of Palace the contempt that Brendan showed them today. Whilst we have to fall back on Sunday League players like Nacho and Gray the moment games get a little bit close together then we will never be a convincing top 4 side. Those dropped points today will have a massive impact on where we finish this season. Its not good enough, especially from Brendan. Creating out own problems. These are professional athletes, I couldn't give a shit if its 2 games in 3 days, I really couldn't, especially when there is a weeks rest until the next one. Poor, poor, poor. 

How were they needless? 

• Like 1

Could of been worse in the end but if you dont take your chances you arent going to win. Atrocious finishing from our forwards today. Really really need another striker coming in in Jan because Kelechi isnt the man. Barnes superb. Justin quality until final third, if he works on his composure and crossing he could be a top player with his athleticism.  

2 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

Too much tinkering has cost us again 

The only tinker that let us down was Kelechi in for Vardy. We've known for a while that we struggle without Jamie.

You simply have to rotate in circumstances like these.

If Kelechi so much as turned up it would have been 2-0 at half time and we'd have been home and dry.

That first half performance was very, very good. Don't let emotion get in the way of recognising that.

In other news that was an awful cameo from Tielemans. Came on, just about misplaced every pass and left his man for their goal.

• Like 3

Frustration emanates from every pore watching that game. I know we should balance the fact that we are second and did not lose the game but after watching that first half all that was lacking was a striker. If that was a cunning ploy by BR to alert the paymasters that a striker is a priority in the window then job well done Brendan :D

Just now, foxinsocks said:

By the time the games in hand unwind we will be 10th.

I am fuming.... Rodger misjudged it badly... I hope he admits it.(bet he doesnt)

Rubbish. Shameful.

• Like 1

Created chances first half but couldn't put them away, then went behind and had to fight back.

A few weeks ago that would have been a nailed on loss as soon as we went 1-0 down. Disappointing, but I'll take the fightback as a positive.

Shame Kel didn't take his chances (or chance). Need competition for Vardy in Jan I think to help shoulder the burden.

Another positive to finish on: Barnes looks like he is more and more willing to take on the responsibility of driving us forward 👏

Just now, BigGibbo said:

The fact Iheanacho walked out for that second half was unforgivable. 

Wholesale changes where it mattered at half time and we'd have still won it comfortably.

Not sure it would have been comfortable given Palace changed their game too. 

If Youri and Vardy start in the first half then I'm sure we win the game. But hindsight is a wonderful thing!