Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Crystal Palace 1-1 LCFC - Post Match Thread

Disappointing result but it was unreasonable to expect the same 11 to play twice in 48 hours so in the grand scheme of things I'll take a point and be happy to resume with the likes of Madders, Castagne, Fofana and Ndidi at the weekend.  

Edited by Silva Fox
  • Like 2

Gutted that we are dropping points to shit houses like CP. Untill we scored we did not look like getting anything. They created enough chances in the last 8 minutes to win two games let alone one. Still a point away from home is ok!

mb: This game proves how vital Wilf is to the team. Mendy MOTM for me.

Edited by sishades

Just now, Izzy said:

We won’t face a worse team than Palace all season. Massive wasted opportunity that.

I have to agree dont blame BR though, that's down to a couple of dissapointing individual performances. Still happy with a point could have been alot worse. Need an alternative to Nacho, soon cant keep relying on Vards. Woy will be happy with that bless him.

Absolutely fvcking fuming. Does Rodgers really think we're good enough to win a Premier League match by playing a team that includes so many passengers? 

Hands up if anyone thought for one minute Nacho was going to score that penalty, ffs.

Three points needlessly spunked away - for what? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Brendan’s gamble hasn’t paid off. Which in fairness is what it deserved. No injuries though so I guess that’s a positive. 

A few players have missed their chance, Perez, Gray and iheanacho probably the most obvious. 

I’m hoping Brendan uses this as the evidence needed to get the cheque book out for a striker because we are desperate for one. Edouard for me would be the one to go for, seeing as his value is dropping. Now would be the time to swoop 

1 minute ago, Fox85 said:

4 players needed to stay competitive in January.

Some of these results against some of the shite teams we have played is ****ing questionable.

Threw away 3 points today should of started our strongest side and made changes to rest them at half time.

Not if we can get the likes of Praet, Perez, Kelichi to pull their fingers out. 

1 minute ago, Dusty said:

Not Brendans fault at all, missed chances, then got complacent, then got rattled when they scored. Harvey saved us. 

But players that were playing well at the start of the season are now looking like very poor options. Iheanacho, praet and Mendy were poor today imo. 

Need a striker in jan, jovic is avaliable for loan and we should go for it, even if there’s a hefty loan fee involved. Can’t cope with watching iheancho play one good game a season.

He played a good game?

They do say if you don't win a game, make sure you don't lose it. We've done that today and come back in to the game when Palace changed their shape and attitude/approach after HT.

They closed the gaps we were getting ie for Justin and Hamza and Mendy. So when Youri came on, who we all thought would flourish, they closed that space and restricted the areas out wide too. So became a bit turgid and it worked on Palace's favour in breaking for the goal. That was their game plan as a whole no doubt. 

Harvey was the only one who looked the sharpest. Ironically out of the front 3 he's the one that played 90 on Saturday too. 

Still don't think Rodgers takes the blame fully today. He did the same last year vs West ham and it worked for that game fine. With the scheduling it was bound to happen. We can afford to go really strong on Sunday now vs a depleted Newcastle as well. The only thing against Rodgers is perhaps not making subs sooner but it's definitely not his fault we couldn't take the chances in an open first half where we played alright. 

• Like 4

Absolutely fuming. Brendan dropped a bollock AGAIN just when things are looking good. Needless changes, poor team selection. Why Gray even getting on the pitch, let alone stealing free kicks from players with actual talent?!. 

If we can upgrade the likes of Ayoze and Nacho then maybe we could start showing the likes of Palace the contempt that Brendan showed them today. Whilst we have to fall back on Sunday League players like Nacho and Gray the moment games get a little bit close together then we will never be a convincing top 4 side. Those dropped points today will have a massive impact on where we finish this season. Its not good enough, especially from Brendan. Creating out own problems. These are professional athletes, I couldn't give a shit if its 2 games in 3 days, I really couldn't, especially when there is a weeks rest until the next one. Poor, poor, poor. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Less of a tactical masterclass and more of a tactical cluster**** from BR.

Uninspiring squad selection and a complete lack of reaction at half time. Palace were on the ropes and we needed to come out and turn the screw in the second half. Instead he unforgiveably persists with it and we conceded

Then que the usual panic reaction 20 minutes too late when Palace shut up shop. Great play from Barnes but it is another massive chance lost. 

I just don't understand what we are trying to achieve sometimes. Nacho needs selling, or gifting.

He restricted a home team to one shot on target but it’s clear we need better options up front, even Vardy only touched the ball once when he came on, we need a striker who can come deep and link up, Nacho shows flashes but there far and few between.

Just now, Silva Fox said:

Disappointing result but it was unreasonable to expect the same 11 to play twice in 48 hours so in the grand scheme of things I'll take a point and be happy to resume with the likes of Madders, Castagne, Fofana and Ndidi at the weekend.  

Even with what we had, we should have won that today.  Not unhappy but not happy at all.

• Like 1

Just now, Vazman said:

I have to agree dont blame BR though, that's down to a couple of dissapointing individual performances. Still happy with a point could have been alot worse. Need an alternative to Nacho, soon cant keep relying on Vards. Woy will be happy with that bless him.

He picks the team ffs! When will he ever be responsible? 

• Like 1