Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Crystal Palace 1-1 LCFC - Post Match Thread

Just now, foxfanazer said:

Avoiding Foxestalk for the rest of the night. Can't keep reading the same old rubbish about BR being completely blameless. 

What do you expect him to do there? The team was good enough to win it we all saw that they just couldn't finish their chances. 100% on the players.

Well that was a shite 2nd half.

How do we go from so good, so in control, so convincing to so shite during half time (Likewise we've seen it happen the other way round in games too)

So frustrating.

I mean don't get me wrong Palace didn't turn up in the 1st half but we have to be taking our chances, simple as that.

The biggest plus out of today? No more crappy Amazon streams for this season. I'd certainly want more for my £7.99 that the crap picture i've seen during our 3 games that have been streamed.

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

Amartey and the whole defence went completely missing for their goal

Continue to play this defence at your peril 

I dont see how Amarty can even be remotely blamed? If anything Justin should have been with zaha and probably the biggest culprit is kasper? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

He picks the team ffs! When will he ever be responsible? 

Right, he picks the team. Had Nacho scored that penalty it would’ve been a completely different game. 

I know Rodgers picked Nacho to play, but come on, Rodgers can’t take the penalty himself can he. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nod.E said:

The only tinker that let us down was Kelechi in for Vardy. We've known for a while that we struggle without Jamie.

You simply have to rotate in circumstances like these.

If Kelechi so much as turned up it would have been 2-0 at half time and we'd have been home and dry.

That first half performance was very, very good. Don't let emotion get in the way of recognising that.

In other news that was an awful cameo from Tielemans. Came on, just about misplaced every pass and left his man for their goal.

Yeah I was a bit disappointed with Youri. I'm not sure I've really seen him come off the bench to good effect - he's our metronome and if he's not controlling the game from the start I think he takes a while to get up to a game's tempo.

On the whole, happy with a point - especially with a rotated squad and the short time between games. Don't massively blame BR for that - if we boss Newcastle on Sunday he'll be proven right. 

Absolutely given up on Nacho, though. Him and Gray are absolutely getting shown up by Barnes, who's proved that good players step up and show their worth. He's taken his time getting to where we want him to be but he's done everything the right way - a loan, working into the team, improving. 

We need to sell Nacho and Gray (and Slim) - get what money we can from them and put it towards a proper second striker.

• Like 2

Really frustrating yet equally relieved we've come away with a point. We have to take advantage of chances created because we never make enough. First half we should've won the game but Iheanacho again proving he isn't good enough, I want him to do well and I don't expect him to score every chance and it is hard for him to come in evey now and again but we need an upgrade. Same for Perez, does lot of good and is a decent premier league player but not where we want to be. 

Thought Amartey was good, had no concerns and despite them being better they scored with their only chance and it was avoidable. Mendy was good, Justin not his best and Tielemans was poor as a sub.

Barnes has really rescued a point there because we never scoring until then. I give him a bit of stick at times but he always tries to score, better when he goes on instinct.

It's a inconsistent season, we're not going to win every game. If we win at Newcastle I'll be relatively satisfied with 8 points either side of Christmas. 

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Alternatively, make a tight case why he is too blame. Bit left field, but...

Done it numerous times. It's just as boring as the counter argument. He gets the plaudits when we beat Spurs and man city etc but is absolved of any blame when we drop points to Palace, Fulham etc

Edited by foxfanazer

3 minutes ago, Corky said:

We shouldn't be playing twice in 49 hours, it was twice in 45 hours last year

It's totally unfair, especially as not all teams have to do it. Notice how Man U and Liverpool get minimum 3 days between games. In fact, Man U have 3 days between games and play at home to a Wolves team who only get 2 days. That's a massive and unfair advantage.

• Like 1

Just now, Leeds Fox said:

Right, he picks the team. Had Nacho scored that penalty it would’ve been a completely different game. 

I know Rodgers picked Nacho to play, but come on, Rodgers can’t take the penalty himself can he. 

Imagine if he actually did 🤣

Really REALLY frustrating result for us. We’re unlikely to face a worse side than Palace in that first half, and to find ourselves chasing the game in the second half is criminal. 

City need to be much more ruthless when they’re on top. What's more irritating is that it was so predictable that we'd end up chasing the game.

Iheanacho is not good enough to lead a forward line. We should make signing a goal-scoring striker their number one priority in January.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stephen Hughes said:

Villa haven’t played Europa. 

But either way we don’t work for the medical team and people could be carrying knocks etc.

BR plays Vardy and aggregates a groin strain he gets it in the neck so without being in the club who knows whether we should have rested so many. 

So if we were playing Liverpool today would that team have appeared....

Exactly.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

So bored of getting excited at results against the better teams then ****ing it against the dross. This is the most frustrating city side of my lifetime because we know what they're capable of. I think I'd rather us just get results as we'd expect to rather than this up and down crap.

Said it in the pre-match and the match threads, we should be treating ALL games and ALL points as important - because they are!

Glad we didn’t lose it. However, I’m equally pissed off that we didn’t bloody win that. We had enough chances to wrap it up. 

For me, two players to mention both on opposite to each other. One, Amartey, a player I’ve criticised in the past. I thought he was excellent. Really good performance. Solid such a credit given the crap he has gone through.

The other, Kelechi. I’m fed up with him. He doesn’t seem to want to improve his shortcomings, which is frustrating because I think he has talent. Passing was off, goal touch was non existent and basic forward play of holding the ball up is just not good enough. I wouldn’t mind if that’s it for him. 

Special mention for Harvey Barnes too - great. 

Just now, nnfox said:

Classic example of Brendan thinking we're good enough to take all three points by just turning up.

He'll still stand by his decision to rotate, but that's when the expectation lies with those players coming in to step up. I'm afraid that with the exception of Mendy and Amartey and possibly Thomas, they failed to do be relied upon against a Palace side that was simply appalling and there for the taking in the first half. 

6 minutes ago, Dusty said:

Not Brendans fault at all, missed chances, then got complacent, then got rattled when they scored. Harvey saved us. 

But players that were playing well at the start of the season are now looking like very poor options. Iheanacho, praet and Mendy were poor today imo. 

Need a striker in jan, jovic is avaliable for loan and we should go for it, even if there’s a hefty loan fee involved. Can’t cope with watching iheancho play one good game a season.

..lets see what the player ratings say about that one..