Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Crystal Palace 1-1 LCFC - Post Match Thread

2 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Good luck signing a PL quality striker, happy to not play much, in January 

You see I’d have thought a young striker would love to come to Leicester.  Get to play in some games straight away, and not have long to wait in the wings to take over, as we all know Vardy can’t go on for ever.  Presumably that was the plan for Ianacho.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Leeds Fox said:

Right, he picks the team. Had Nacho scored that penalty it would’ve been a completely different game. 

I know Rodgers picked Nacho to play, but come on, Rodgers can’t take the penalty himself can he. 

He can't but he must know by now he can't rely on him. He's useless 

Decent result given the circumstance. Second string should've won, don't know what's up with Kelechi but he just looks so devoid of confidence and I think given the resources we should be doing better than him really; with Slim off in the summer hopefully we can get another quality striker in to actually compete. Just hope Wilf would be alright if his compatriot leaves.

Mendy did well, Amartey did well, Thomas did really well. Barnes with another left foot finish from range, and he's having an amazing season.

Have to question why we have to play 48hrs after playing Man U really. Full strength we'd have won that, if the Premier League wants a premium standard of play consistently they have to consider that the players aren't machines, they need rest between fixtures.

That’s probably it for me in terms of wanting to see Kelechi start for us. He’s had enough chances now and today was probably about his level - nice interplay but when push comes to shove he’s not good enough. 

I also really don’t want to see Demarai Gray in a Leicester shirt again. It’s not just the fact he had such a dreadful free kick, it’s the fact he thought he had the right to be anywhere near it. Bin him off.

7 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Evans and Amartey were superb.

Not sure about that, on their goal Evans pushes wide and tells mendy to go innthe box where Benteke would be waiting for him. Then does **** all to stop Townsend going onto his left foot and getting a cross in.

Just now, Fightforever said:

What do you expect him to do there? The team was good enough to win it we all saw that they just couldn't finish their chances. 100% on the players.

His subs were poor and poorly timed.  Wtf with not taking Nacho off sooner and wtf was Gray doing on the pitch.  Perez is another player who should have been taken off sooner.

Overall, BR's risks failed, and we lose 2 points.

Just now, Matt said:

Well that was a shite 2nd half.

How do we go from so good, so in control, so convincing to so shite during half time (Likewise we've seen it happen the other way round in games too)

So frustrating.

I mean don't get me wrong Palace didn't turn up in the 1st half but we have to be taking our chances, simple as that.

The biggest plus out of today? No more crappy Amazon streams for this season. I'd certainly want more for my £7.99 that the crap picture i've seen during our 3 games that have been streamed.

Because the shape of the game worked in our favour in first half. Palace changed their shape and approach and it contained us, restricted us so we didn't have as much freedom on the ball. Compare their pressure in first half and second half and you'd see why. 

Now there could be a fair argument that our players and Rodgers would need to react accordingly but it's easier said than done. Some players need to step up hugely, both senior regulars and those who don't play as often. I agree we need to take our chances. For months, maybe longer, I've said that when Kelechi plays - as sub or starter - he needs to take his chance. He didn't and he had a couple of good opportunities, the best being the penalty obviously. 

Half decent striker we win that game. Simple. Not everything has to be a BR masterclass, just good management with games stacked on top of each other and imo he did fine. We dominated that first half and completely controlled the game with the squad he chose. They all (minus one) worked hard, retained the ball well and did their assigned jobs. We also created chances. But Nacho is well... awful. Okay he missed a pen', he missed the header, but it's all the other stuff he's rubbish at that ultimately makes me dislike him. He doesn't drag defenses around to create space for others, he doesn't hold the ball up very well, he struggles to pass, he's not got much pace... I would say Benteke offers more to Palace than Nacho does for us. 

Disappointed with the result but we have no given right to win games like that. Played well first half partially thanks to Palace sitting off us. Once palace pressed us in the 2nd we struggled.

Good goal from Barnes who was great along with Mendy and Amartey who had good games too.

kelechi gets the pen and we’d have walked that