Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Newcastle United (a) Pre-Match

A favourable fixture for us, and not just because of how we've done recently against them.

With Stoke 6 days later, and then Southampton another 7 days, we can afford to go full strength (for the players available) for this game.

Kasper

Justin - Fofana - Evans - Castagne

Ndidi

Tielemans

Perez - Maddison - Barnes

Vardy

That RW position is up for grabs and you could conceivably any 1 of Perez/Under/Albrighton starting. They all offer something - Perez seems to have a bit of fire in his belly, Under has a lot of pace and is left-footed and can play that inverted-winger role, Albrighton has the defensive ability and 'engine' to help with Justin.

Have to be seeing this game out with 3 points. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, filbertway said:

This will be one of the worst, most pathetic teams we face all season. Only a win is acceptable.

So says you, we are like a footballing messiah, we take dead things and resurrect them

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

So says you, we are like a footballing messiah, we take dead things and resurrect them

Haha. If we lose to Steve Bruce and his team of players that cant string 3 passes together we should fold the club and start again in the Midland Alliance.

They have one redeeming feature in Saint Maximim and it seems like Bruce is giving him the cold shoulder.

• Like 2

I have always liked and agreed with the philosophy of 'the next game is what matters'.

We should have done better against Palace.  Yes, but irrelevant after the fact.

OMG we have injuries and tired players!  True, but there is still a match to play.

Fixtures are coming fast and furious!  Yes, for everyone.  Deal with it.

Newcastle are a lower-table team currently.  No pushover, but beatable.  I trust Brendan to assess his squad, the opposition, and field a team to win the match.

And I will sit back as an interested fan, cheer the team on, and hope for a win.  I rarely expect a win, but always hope for one.  But I am definitely optimistic.

If one looks back over the last fifteen years of this club's history, we are living in a golden age!  We are capable of being competitive in almost any match we play.  That seems pretty good to me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

A favourable fixture for us, and not just because of how we've done recently against them.

With Stoke 6 days later, and then Southampton another 7 days, we can afford to go full strength (for the players available) for this game.

Kasper

Justin - Fofana - Evans - Castagne

Ndidi

Tielemans

Perez - Maddison - Barnes

Vardy

That RW position is up for grabs and you could conceivably any 1 of Perez/Under/Albrighton starting. They all offer something - Perez seems to have a bit of fire in his belly, Under has a lot of pace and is left-footed and can play that inverted-winger role, Albrighton has the defensive ability and 'engine' to help with Justin.

Have to be seeing this game out with 3 points. 

Same line up for me.. As much as he frustrates the life out of me, perez is the best of a poor bunch on the right side... One thing he does do well is link up with and bring in to play our right backs

With the likely resting of most, if not all of these against Stoke and then a further week to Southampton after that, I really fancy us to get a big win against the toon 

Need to go full strength against these and hope to never see Nacho wear the badge again.

Have we not got anyone in the u23's who could step up as another ST option? Thomas stepped up, there must be more of his ilk.

It was evident before the season started that we lacked depth in the ST position so the club / BR have no excuse when the inevitable happens and vardy needs resting / becomes injured.

Why couldn't we nurse a youth ST into match day squads, little cameos here and there.

We are evidently not interested in signing another striker so I'd rather see a youth player with passion come in than Nacho who must feel embarrassed even taking away a pay packet.

Edited by adejo92

2 hours ago, filbertway said:

Haha. If we lose to Steve Bruce and his team of players that cant string 3 passes together we should fold the club and start again in the Midland Alliance.

They have one redeeming feature in Saint Maximim and it seems like Bruce is giving him the cold shoulder.

Saint Maximin & Lascelles are both suffering from long covid, from when Newcastle had the outbreak in mid- December, the last report I saw, said it was not known when they would return.

2 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Cmon guys, they are poor, off-form and just about the whole of the Geordie fan base seem to want rid of Bruce

Play the correct team and we should win this

We are much better than Newcastle 

Brendan Rodgers - "Computer says no"

On 28/12/2020 at 19:40, Steve Earle said:

Agree with the sentiment but not the strongest XI;

Schmeichel

Amartey

Fofana

Evans

Justin 

Ndidi

Tielemans

Castagne

Maddison

Barnes

Vardy

but you might very well be right @moore_94and I wouldn’t be unhappy with that team either!

This should be the team:appl:

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TOMMYG said:

Saint Maximin & Lascelles are both suffering from long covid, from when Newcastle had the outbreak in mid- December, the last report I saw, said it was not known when they would return.

Newcastle are saying that, Saint Maximim seems to disagree haha

On 28/12/2020 at 17:18, surrifox said:

full strength for this one then play the stiffs in the cup bolstered by a couple of first teamers 

Depends if you want an FA Cup. After 45 years of dreaming of this club winning the Cup, I'll be pissed off if we crash out playing a weakened team. Stoke are on the edge of the play-offs.

12 minutes ago, Twitcher said:

Depends if you want an FA Cup. After 45 years of dreaming of this club winning the Cup, I'll be pissed off if we crash out playing a weakened team. Stoke are on the edge of the play-offs.

Both domestic cup competitions are as exciting as watching paint dry!.. don't care a toss about them anymore, so devalued these days.

Play the U23's!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1