Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Newcastle United (a) Pre-Match

8 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Justin should be in our team no matter what. He can’t be dropped. I also think a fully fit Ricardo should start if possible... bit of a headache, who do you drop? The problem is Justin is a solid performer anywhere across the defence. You need to drop someone but who?

He needs to play week in week out to maintain this level, as for who goes out the team that depends on the game, it could be anyone of Fofana/ Cags/ Castagne or Ricardo, Justins fitness has been tremendous, he will be get a bit of a break, as will the others here and there. If everyone is fully fit and we are in a situation where we are only in 1 competition, id play Ricardo RW and Justin RB.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Beachyboy said:

He needs to play week in week out to maintain this level, as for who goes out the team that depends on the game, it could be anyone of Fofana/ Cags/ Castagne or Ricardo, Justins fitness has been tremendous, he will be get a bit of a break, as will the others here and there. If everyone is fully fit and we are in a situation where we are only in 1 competition, id play Ricardo RW and Justin RB.

...calls into question, what happens to Under!!!

31 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Perez has missed 2 glorious chances to win games for us vs Man Utd and Palace in injury time and ballsed them both up.

3rd time lucky then against a previous club, surely no motivation needed to put a solid shift in.

looking forward to this game, it’ll be tough with how they performed against Liverpool, but expecting Brendan to go all in.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Kasper

Castange Fofana Evans Justin

Praet Ndidi Tielemens

Perez Vardy Barnes

Compact and strong and we’ll cruise to a win with that team.

Yes looks a good team - I'd like to see Under start but think this is unlikely and as you say this is compact with some good partnerships 

COYB 

I think the team picks itself really. We play our best guys. I’m tempted to start with Vardy go up 3-0 by half time. 2nd half throw Perez on against his old team as central striker and see what he can do (give Vardy a break)

nachos needs time on the bench to reflect Nd try and get his eye of the tiger back

2 hours ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Kasper

Castange Fofana Evans Justin

Praet Ndidi Tielemens

Perez Vardy Barnes

Compact and strong and we’ll cruise to a win with that team.

Take out Praet and Pérez and replace with Under and Maddison and I’m with you! (4-1-4-1 or 4-2-3-1 with Youri just ahead of Ndidi and Madders Under and Barnes in a floating 3 interchanging position behind Vards)

Pérez may be worth a punt against his former club (fair point but for me as a sub) because he’s just too light weight at the moment and can’t hold the ball or stay on his feet or take his chances. Praet meh, I’d use him in Europe and for closing out games and resting players but not as a starting first choice PL player. Just my opinion but neither have done enough recently to start for me.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Justin should be in our team no matter what. He can’t be dropped. I also think a fully fit Ricardo should start if possible... bit of a headache, who do you drop? The problem is Justin is a solid performer anywhere across the defence. You need to drop someone but who?

With a fully fit Ricardo, JJ should move into RCB, which I personally think is his best position. The back 5 would look like...

Justin     Fofana     Evans

Ricardo                                        Castagne

• Like 4

I think Soyuncu starts this one, with perhaps Evans on the bench.

Other than that, the team picks itself really

Kasper

JJ

Little Wes

Soy

Timmy C

Big Wilf

Youri

Under (If fit, if not Marc Albrighton)

Madders

Barnsey

Vards

Bench: Ward, Thomas, Evans, Mendy, Perez, Albrighton, Iheanacho, Preat, Big Dan, 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

I think the team picks itself really. We play our best guys. I’m tempted to start with Vardy go up 3-0 by half time. 2nd half throw Perez on against his old team as central striker and see what he can do (give Vardy a break)

nachos needs time on the bench to reflect Nd try and get his eye of the tiger back

Back? He's always been dog sh1t.

9 hours ago, st albans fox said:

To be fair to him the yanited one was offside ....... I have no explanation for him panicking at palace like that ......

Yeah he was, I felt he could have preempted it though and got onside, lazy of him. He often seems to be out of sync with the danger, did the same vs Everton.

If everyone is fit, we should start with 7 at the back.  Justin can"t be dropped on current form.  Pereira and Castagne have to start.  Leaving Evans, Soyuncu or Fofana on the.bench would be sacreligious.  And we don't want to upset Big Dan

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, majaco said:

If everyone is fit, we should start with 7 at the back.  Justin can"t be dropped on current form.  Pereira and Castagne have to start.  Leaving Evans, Soyuncu or Fofana on the.bench would be sacreligious.  And we don't want to upset Big Dan

Harsh on Fuchs  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ricardo is fantastic but it's going to be difficult for him to be anywhere near his best this season. Justin does his best going forward but it's usually his running power which gets him in, Ricardo has the extra bit of technique and skill in the final third. Whilst our wing options as inconsistent as ever, particularly on the right, the option of having both in Ricardo and Justin in the team is there. 

On 01/01/2021 at 13:21, Ric Flair said:

I love Ricardo but his goals and assists aren't that impressive given we all believe he is world class.

He's a right back mate. His tackling and dribbling stats generally top the league for his position.

The one time we started with Barnes, Cenghis and Vardy, we lost.  Unfortunately.  I want to see the three of them together again.

We have such a strong squad that it is hard to say what our strongest team is if all are fit.

I am hoping we will see two from Justin, Pereira and Castagne.  Two from Fofana, Evans and Soyuncu.  N'didi, Tielemans and Maddison.  Barnes, Vardy, Cenghis.  

Our bench would have some oomph too.  As well as the two who miss out, we have so much talent.  Thomas has done well.  Big Dan. Fuchs Mendy and Praet.  Albrighton.  Perez.  Ihenacho.  With a fully fit squad, we would have talent not making the bench.  

A quality new striker would still be welcome.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, majaco said:

The one time we started with Barnes, Cenghis and Vardy, we lost.  Unfortunately.  I want to see the three of them together again.

We have such a strong squad that it is hard to say what our strongest team is if all are fit.

I am hoping we will see two from Justin, Pereira and Castagne.  Two from Fofana, Evans and Soyuncu.  N'didi, Tielemans and Maddison.  Barnes, Vardy, Cenghis.  

Our bench would have some oomph too.  As well as the two who miss out, we have so much talent.  Thomas has done well.  Big Dan. Fuchs Mendy and Praet.  Albrighton.  Perez.  Ihenacho.  With a fully fit squad, we would have talent not making the bench.  

A quality new striker would still be welcome.

We can have 8 outfield players on the bench now .....

Guest Hansifüx
1 hour ago, Foxy_Bear said:

With a fully fit Ricardo, JJ should move into RCB, which I personally think is his best position. The back 5 would look like...

Justin     Fofana     Evans

Ricardo                                        Castagne

Do you think Castagne could play defensive midfield occasionally, I'd like to see Cags at the back and I also like the idea of having Castagne and N Didi in defensive midfield ... I am thinking as an option to allow Maddison-Tielemans rotation if needed. ?