Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Newcastle United (a) Pre-Match

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Justin's performances this last month or so have been every bit as good as the majority of what Ricardo has displayed for us. I love Ricardo, but let's not pretend he is night and day better than Justin or Castagne because the stats for goals and assists aren't that much different. We are very fortunate we have 4 full backs (Thomas included) that are a threat going forward and we are very strong in that regard. I cannot wait to see Ricardo back involved and he now has real competition to improve his goals and assists, which he likely is capable of.

Blasphamy, Justin has been improving no end and has looked great of late. But Ricardo was incredible for us.  

Ricardo 

1 Assist every 7.8 Games

1 Goal every 12.6 Games

Justin 

1 Assist every 13.5 games

1 Goal every 27 games

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I love Ricardo but his goals and assists aren't that impressive given we all believe he is world class.

1 goal 5 assists in 18/19 from fullback i believe played alongside demarai gray in a Puel side for most of the season. 3 goals 2 assists last year with 4 expected assists so he suffered from his teammates poor finishing. Put him in liverpool or man city playing alongside salah or mahrez he could get 7-10 assists a season easy. 

15 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Blasphamy, Justin has been improving no end and has looked great of late. But Ricardo was incredible for us.  

Ricardo 

1 Assist every 7.8 Games

1 Goal every 12.6 Games

Justin 

1 Assist every 13.5 games

1 Goal every 27 games

I said Justin's last month or so, his performances have gone up a few gears and he has been unbelievable. I don't want this to be me dismissing Ricardo as I believe he is world class, or not far off. Justin has been involved in a large percentage of our attacking play, won penalties, provided very good assists that have been ruled out or taken deflections and haven't counted but scratch the surface and it shows how progressive he is for us. 

Ricardo will take a while to get back up to full speed and given he goes periods without goals and assists himself then it's not a shoe in that he ought to start over Justin. That said, I'd love to see Justin at RCB and Ricardo RWB when we play 3-4-2-1. 

Ricardo is positional better but Justin's defensive stats have improved no end too, it has been a hugely positive element of Ricardo's sad absence that he has developed in to a brilliant player for us.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Leeds Fox said:

When we play teams at that level we really need to go in at HT a goal up at least, because the second half always seems like a battle, even more so as the clock ticks on. 

I said before the penalty, probably after 10-15 mins of us dominating that it’s going to be one of those days, it happens far too often. The better teams usually kill a team off after a having such control of the first half.

....yeah, we do struggle and keep trying the same thing trying to get the break through!!!

We score early or get back on terms quickly once we have gone a goal behind then we look like we can win the game. 

Not being clinical upfront is the problem, once we get others chipping in goals then we will have some team. 

I don't see how anything other than a win is acceptable from the clubs point of view.

We've rested players against Palace, and paid the price, I am expecting to see the strongest 11 available.

Newcastle looked good but Liverpool, especially Salah,  missed some brilliant chances. On another day, that's 4-0 Liverpool.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Just hope that Brendan doesn't go left field again and play a back 3 with Fuchs in it, to match up with Newcastle's formation. 

Any back 3 would be a variation of Evans, Fofana, Soyuncu or Justin. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, adejo92 said:

I don't see how anything other than a win is acceptable from the clubs point of view.

We've rested players against Palace, and paid the price, I am expecting to see the strongest 11 available.

Newcastle looked good but Liverpool, especially Salah,  missed some brilliant chances. On another day, that's 4-0 Liverpool.

We rested 2 players against Palace both of whom came on & 1 of which was nursing an injury.

Kasper    
           Justin Evans Fofana 

Castagne                           Thomas    
               Ndidi  Tielmans 

Maddison Barnes 

Vardy  

Or 

Kasper 

Justin    Evans    Fofana   Thomas   

Ndidi   

Tielmans  Praet    
         Maddison  Barnes 

Vardy  

Depending on what system brendan goes that’s what I’d go with. 

1 hour ago, BKLFox said:

We rested 2 players against Palace both of whom came on & 1 of which was nursing an injury.

Bit picky...maybe technically didn't rest players, but did play a weakened team. Amartey/Hamza/Perez/Nacho don't make any team stronger.      

21 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Kasper    
           Justin Evans Fofana 

Castagne                           Thomas    
               Ndidi  Tielmans 

Maddison Barnes 

Vardy  

Or 

Kasper 

Justin    Evans    Fofana   Thomas   

Ndidi   

Tielmans  Praet    
         Maddison  Barnes 

Vardy  

Depending on what system brendan goes that’s what I’d go with. 

Would like something like this.    

Kasper 

Justin    soyuncu    Fofana   castagne

Ndidi   

Tielmans  maddison 

Under                                    Barnes 

Vardy  

8 minutes ago, FOXSE said:

Kasper 

Ndidi   

Tielmans  maddison 

Vardy  

Don’t know whether he’ll risk starting soyuncu. Other than that could see that line up. 

19 minutes ago, FOXSE said:

Kasper 

Ndidi   

Tielmans  maddison 

Vardy  

Evans instead of Cags and I'd start Perez (it's the unwritten law that a player scores against his ex-club). Under, if available, better off the bench after 60 mins if we're chasing the game. 

On 01/01/2021 at 14:23, smr said:

What's the latest on Madders? Fit to play?

Hair done? Check

Bum fluff trimmed? Check

Limited edition boots clean? Check

Loius Vitton rucksack packed? Check

Goal celebration planned? Check

Instagram updated? Check

Yep. He’s all good to go :thumbup:

• Haha 4