Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Islam Slimani

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leicester-city-flop-centre-big-4848742.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Islam Slimani could finally end his Leicester City nightmare in the January transfer window as the forward continues to attract interest from France, Italy and England.

West Brom, Lyon, St Etienne and Italian Serie B side Salernitana have all been linked with the striker who returned from a profitable loan spell with Monaco last year.

Slimani's first-team chances have become increasingly remote under boss Brendan Rodgers and it is now expected he will leave the club this month as he attempts to revive his career. 

Earlier this month Le10 Sport reported how former Foxes boss Claude Puel is keen on signing Slimani aas they look to bolster their attack.

But despite selling Wesley Fofana to Leicesterfor £30m in the last transfer window, it is claimed St Etienne will need to sell before they can buy. 

Slimani is free to leave the King Power at the end of this season when his current deal expires, but St Etienne's hopes of signing him will hinge upon whether they can strike a loan deal.

It is claimed that Slimani earns more than £2m a year at the Foxes which is a figure that most French clubs outside of Paris St Germain cannot meet.

A number of Middle Eastern sides are also reportedly tracking Slimani and crucially would have no problem in matching his current wages.

Slimani fell out of favour 18 months into his five-year City contract but was handed a second chance by Rodgers who said in October that he believed he had something to offer, given his form in France last season.

Slimani scored nine goals and provided seven assists in 18 Ligue 1 games with Monaco.

32 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Yep, him and silva would have built another training ground ........

I always think it's mad to look at the transfer fees then compare it to massive projects like that. You could build a small stadium for the cost of one Silva 

2 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

I wouldn’t have thought it was even close to that amount. 
Slimani 28 million and Silva 22 million = 50 million

Silva was here for 2 years, a year of which was on loan at Monaco where they would have picked up his wages and paid a small loan fee.

Slimani has been here 4 years, 2 and half years of this he had been out on loan, where again teams would have picked up his wages and paid small loan fees. 
Im sure Newcastle paid 6 million for the loan he did up there.

According to the figures in the Iheanacho thread Slimani was on 80,000 per week and I’m sure Silva would have been on similar - that’s just over 4 million a season. 
That’s a total of about 24 million - in wages.

74 million quid for the both in transfer fees and wages. - 15 million for wages paid by other clubs and then take away another 15 million in loan fees and their true cost is about 44 million pounds. 

We still didn’t get our money’s worth that’s for sure, although Slimani did get a couple of big Champions League goals. No where even close to 100 million though.

I take your point to a degree but I bet we didn’t manage to lay off as much of the wage cost as you surmise. Loan clubs don’t pay the olayer salary - only a portion and that’s sometimes included in the loan fee.  And I thought silva’s fee was £26m and Slim 30m. Their contractual wages for five years each are 40m. (Not 24).   Even if we managed to reduce that to us paying 25m of that then my numbers are closer than yours !  If we split it then it’s still not far from being one Harry maguire sale .......

• Like 1

The last stain of a terrible summer transfer window after the title win to be removed, Mendy the only one who's had a long term postive impact on the team. 44m on Musa and Slimani!

Ron-Robert Zieler

Luis Hernández 

Mendy  £13m

Ahmed Musa £16m

Kapustka £2.5m

Islam Slimani £28m

• Like 1