Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Islam Slimani

On 09/01/2021 at 21:30, CloudFox said:

So a purchase then, rather than a loan? That would be very good for all parties.

Shame it's not worked for him. Will always remember when he slayed Porto in our first ever Champions League home game 🥳

More like they'll just pay all his wages and we get him off the books. 

34 minutes ago, Babylon said:

More like they'll just pay all his wages and we get him off the books. 

Yeah exactly, or at best pay him 80% of what he'd be due between now and the end of June. Agreements/settlements are often reached but we'll be paying a decent whack of it. 

Might be similar to what Ozil is doing with Arsenal. 

They're going to be paying his remaining wage for 6 months left on his contract, over 3 years to spread the cost, which means he can take a pay cut to join another club.

It's win, win... but an absolute turd of a situation in all honesty lol 

Funnily enough we might well be paying for Ozil's transfer too if we sign Tufan lol 

Edited by AjcW

4 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Might be similar to what Ozil is doing with Arsenal. 

They're going to be paying his remaining wage for 6 months left on his contract, over 3 years to spread the cost, which means he can take a pay cut to join another club.

It's win, win... but an absolute turd of a situation in all honesty lol 

Funnily enough we might well be paying for Ozil's transfer too if we sign Tufan lol 

I doubt it - hes got 2m left on his contract. Ozil still has about 7m. I imagine they'll write it off but let him go on a free.

41 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

I doubt it - hes got 2m left on his contract. Ozil still has about 7m. I imagine they'll write it off but let him go on a free.

Yeah that's what I mean/what Ozil is doing.

He's letting them pay him the £7m over 3 years instead of 6 months.

Slim might let us pay it over a year or two or something.