Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Islam Slimani

5 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

To be fair he was only there one season I think.

Slimani was the dragon slayer but he had already come to us when Nuno went to Porto it seems. Aaah well, they should still sign him for £12m

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Hopefully he goes to a Chinese or oil rich Arab state who can pay a decent transfer fee and cover his wages.

The Chinese Super League Teams have stopped this nonsense. Even Sporting would struggle to dupe a Chinese Club now.  

On 02/01/2021 at 06:09, Aus Fox said:

I wouldn’t have thought it was even close to that amount. 
Slimani 28 million and Silva 22 million = 50 million

Silva was here for 2 years, a year of which was on loan at Monaco where they would have picked up his wages and paid a small loan fee.

Slimani has been here 4 years, 2 and half years of this he had been out on loan, where again teams would have picked up his wages and paid small loan fees. 
Im sure Newcastle paid 6 million for the loan he did up there.

According to the figures in the Iheanacho thread Slimani was on 80,000 per week and I’m sure Silva would have been on similar - that’s just over 4 million a season. 
That’s a total of about 24 million - in wages.

74 million quid for the both in transfer fees and wages. - 15 million for wages paid by other clubs and then take away another 15 million in loan fees and their true cost is about 44 million pounds. 

We still didn’t get our money’s worth that’s for sure, although Slimani did get a couple of big Champions League goals. No where even close to 100 million though.

You have left out pension, national insurance, and HR costs :-)

His nickname maybe the dragon slayer but when I saw him playing early in the season I couldn't help but think that he looks and runs like the creature off of the spartan film. More like tortoise slayer.

3 hours ago, UHDrive said:

His nickname maybe the dragon slayer but when I saw him playing early in the season I couldn't help but think that he looks and runs like the creature off of the spartan film. More like tortoise slayer.

.. watched him in the U23s a few months ago and he looked woeful!!!

Watching him score for Monaco you have to believe it is the way you play balls into him that makes him look so different when he plays for us.

He perhaps need to have the ball played in front of him to run on to,  for him to be successful. 

3 hours ago, UHDrive said:

Ice Skating Tortoise Slayer

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Paddy. said:

Boris and Co missed a trick when they failed to appoint Slim's agent to lead the Brexit negotiations. Man's clearly an absolute genius.

Up there with Chupo-Moting

𝓡𝓪𝓶𝔃𝓲 𝓐𝓩𝔃𝓸𝓾𝔃 🇩🇿 (@ramzi_azzouz_7) Tweeted:
🚨 L’ #OL aurait trouvé un accord avec Islam #Slimani. Un contrat de 18 mois attend l’international algérien. (Le 10 Sport) 
#TeamDz #Mercato  #Transfers #LCFC @OL @slimaniislam @LCFC @LGDFennec @DZfoot https://t.co/Mc3bPmwdpe

Please be true.

6 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

𝓡𝓪𝓶𝔃𝓲 𝓐𝓩𝔃𝓸𝓾𝔃 🇩🇿 (@ramzi_azzouz_7) Tweeted:
🚨 L’ #OL aurait trouvé un accord avec Islam #Slimani. Un contrat de 18 mois attend l’international algérien. (Le 10 Sport) 
#TeamDz #Mercato  #Transfers #LCFC @OL @slimaniislam @LCFC @LGDFennec @DZfoot https://t.co/Mc3bPmwdpe

Please be true.

WOTZITFCUKINSAY?

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

So a purchase then, rather than a loan? That would be very good for all parties.

Shame it's not worked for him. Will always remember when he slayed Porto in our first ever Champions League home game 🥳

• Like 1

Just now, CloudFox said:

So a purchase then, rather than a loan? That would be very good for all parties.

Shame it's not worked for him. Will always remember when he slayed Porto in our first ever Champions League home game 🥳

It does sound like it. There won't be much of a fee if any but getting rid of his large wages is a huge plus.

• Like 2