Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Stoke 0-4 LCFC - Post-Match Thread

1 minute ago, Jonezy said:

So professionel. Great goals and great display. Castagne on the right is a machine. Hopefully Praet won't be out for too long. Gotta love this team. :wub:  

This is exactly the type of display Praet gave us in the beginning. He looked superb. Great work rate, good first touch and control and some clever passing. On a day like today, he's like an upgraded version of Shinji.

• Like 1

Just now, Fktf said:

The energy down our right side, with marc, dennis, and timmy was fantastic. Shame no one told them at 4-0 up to calm down. I know they were probably enjoying themselves, but that's a bit of a needless injury.

That’s not the case. Think Praet was playing for his position. He’s too good to sit on the bench but can’t fit into the team. He’s commitment and timing of runs and touch were all phenomenal. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Superb, professional performance and some great goals.

Tricky tie, make no mistake but we took them to the cleaners and played some beautiful football.

Shame that Praet got injured though hoping it's not too serious.

Looked bad...6 weeks out at least 😢

8 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I don't think we ever got out of second gear either. I think if vardy had been playing it could have been 7 or 8, tbf it wasn't Stoke's strongest line up either.

They have injuries (to Campbell and Fletcher), but otherwise that's probably their BEST available players.

Lovely jubbly! Brilliant. Love seeing that Belgian connection 🇧🇪 Gutted for Praet, his confidence grew the longer he played. He looked distraught 😔 Gutted for him also he didn't get on the end of that and score as he needed that goal. JJ is a machine!

Pleased for each and every one of them.

What a great game to give momentum and confidence for Southampton

Edited by Hales

Well does it get much better ? I thought every player had a good game and so did the commentators. I've never written a lot about Praet and Perez who I've seen less of but it was a pleasure to see the whole team flowing. A good cup draw for us as Stoke I thought were no pushovers and they had some quality on the park. Maybe I imagined it but i thought our headers did improve today and at least were competent and how much better the side looked for it. There's not much wrong with Soyuncu's headers but I'm almost sure Wesley Fofana had had some practise. He certainly had a good game overall. They all did. A goal from a cornere soon (we looked like we might get one today occasionally) and if Liverpool and Man City  get knocked out early, things could get very rosy. Save Man U for the final. we'd have had one without them.

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

That one was class because of the finish, though I'm not 100% sure Vardy meant the exact finish he made... but OK I agree that one was even better than JJ's!

giphy.gif

That's liquid Football!! - Alan Partridge | Meme Generator

Absolutely sacrilege you ****ing heathen. 

Honestly though, in all seriousness, after some of the creative finishes we've seen Vardy produce and the fact he's tried flicks like that a few times, I'm amazed at any Leicester fan that doubta his intent there. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Some of the football was excellent. Pretty easy for us against a team who simply didn't have the legs to cause us any issues.

Praet injury is a real downer. We haven't got other midfield options in reserve who can play a more attacking role. Might be worth recalling Dewsbury-Hall.

Just now, martyn said:

Some of the football was excellent. Pretty easy for us against a team who simply didn't have the legs to cause us any issues.

Praet injury is a real downer. We haven't got other midfield options in reserve who can play a more attacking role. Might be worth recalling Dewsbury-Hall.

KD-H didn’t play today which makes me think we asked him not to be cuptied 

9 minutes ago, Jonezy said:

So professionel. Great goals and great display. Castagne on the right is a machine. Hopefully Praet won't be out for too long. Gotta love this team. :wub:  

That's the dilemma we have. Timmy is better on the right than the left - but so too is Justin (despite his great goal today).

When Youri purrs like he did in the second half, life is a joy (even in grim times like these).

Brilliant display by everyone. Such control, confidence, fluidity and some cracking goals.

Feel for Praet though. Fingers crossed he won’t be out that long.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, David Hankey said:

Superb performance by everyone in what could have been a banana kin game. Still think we should have rested Kasper.

Rest a goalkeeper, now I've heard everything unless you mean for a day off as a perk. We seem obsessed as a forum with resting players and protecting from injuries.