Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Stoke 0-4 LCFC - Post-Match Thread

I don’t know why because we’ve played them plenty since, but today I was watching the game and it just exemplified just how far we’ve come as a club since we played the same opponent on that day in May 2008.

Little did we know then that it would be the catalyst for the club to become what it is today

Great performance

Edited by Staffs Fox
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Alan Frost said:

Rest a goalkeeper, now I've heard everything unless you mean for a day off as a perk. We seem obsessed as a forum with resting players and protecting from injuries.

It's called utilising your squad. What was the point in starting with him when a) you can risk injury against clumsy, inferior opposition and b) give competent Ward a run out?

Edited by David Hankey
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, casablancas said:

How dare his foresight fail him. 

If you read my original post carefully enough, you'd know that I'm saying the management team should have had more foresight. Preat, Albrighton, Castange, Justin, Barnes, were all still breaking a neck to get forward in the final 5 mins. They should have been told from the sides it was job done, calm down.

2 hours ago, Bob Farley said:

Tielemans ran the show. You could see how much more class we had than them today, great performance. 

if you had to pick which would you rather win, FA Cup or Europa League? 

I would love, love, love to win the FA Cup but given the choice I'd probably pick The Europa League for the simple reason that you get a chance to win the FAC every year.  Europa League is difficult to qualify for.

• Like 3

Cracking performance by each and every player. We made a very capable Stoke team look like school boys.

It just seemed as though the players were enjoying themselves out there and as such, seemed to have the extra confidence about them. It might have been a cup game against lower opposition, but a performance like that has to get the squads confidence up for the Southampton match.

Our Belgians really showed why they are part of such a strong and dominant national set up.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, murphy said:

I would love, love, love to win the FA Cup but given the choice I'd probably pick The Europa League for the simple reason that you get a chance to win the FAC every year.  Europa League is difficult to qualify for.

Winning the FA Cup means you're back in the EL next year and  earns you a few million.

Winning the EL gets you into the CL the next year plus tens of millions.

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

I can't, for the life of me, figure out 1) why Joe Allen is in the LB position here and 2) what exactly he's doing as he watches the ball come down and see the player he could have been stroll past him with ease...

He was left back cos he was covering (knackered) and he thought prat would trap it dead rather than accelerate?

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

I can't, for the life of me, figure out 1) why Joe Allen is in the LB position here and 2) what exactly he's doing as he watches the ball come down and see the player he could have been stroll past him with ease...

When the ball was in the air Allen was completely unaware of it. He didn't know where the ball was so Praet just controlled the ball and off he went.