Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Stoke 0-4 LCFC - Post-Match Thread

We looked classy at times. Started a bit slowly but it's like what often happens with us, once we've gone in front (and what a goal) we look pretty unstoppable. Albrighton's lowkey having a really decent season. Tielemans MOTM I'd say.

• Like 2

Whilst defensively we had little to do (2nd half anyway) big shout out to little Wes today, first game in England coming up againt a physical attack who threw alot of high balls in, I felt he dealt with their aerial threat brilliantly and didnt allow vokes etc to bully him at all

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

That one was class because of the finish, though I'm not 100% sure Vardy meant the exact finish he made... but OK I agree that one was even better than JJ's!

giphy.gif

That's liquid Football!! - Alan Partridge | Meme Generator

Nah, he 100% meant that. He tries that flick every time the low cross comes in behind him, scored another similar one for England like that.

17 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Absolutely sacrilege you ****ing heathen. 

Honestly though, in all seriousness, after some of the creative finishes we've seen Vardy produce and the fact he's tried flicks like that a few times, I'm amazed at any Leicester fan that doubta his intent there. 

He meant the flick at goal, but he flicked it into the ground so it bounced over Ederson, and I am pretty sure after the game he admitted he didn't try that aspect of the finish specifically.

Anyway it was a superb goal.

For me there is no doubt that Perez offers more up front than Nacho does, his link up play is far better. 

However, we have the same issue with him that we do with Nacho. They both prefer to come deep and collect the ball as opposed to being that main scoring threat. 

Both of them are the sort of player you would want to through up front WITH Vardy when chasing a game (again I would favour Ayoze) rather than play in his place if he is unavailable. 

We need a striker. 

• Like 1

Magnificent performance, even if it was against lower league opposition. We grew into the game and were absolutely purring by the end.

This could well be the strongest squad the club's ever had. We can put in a display like that, and then you remember there's 3 of our best players missing. Including probably the best 2. It's mental.

Such a shame about Praet. Hope it's not too serious. I suppose it could be worse with the transfer window being open. It will be interesting to see whether we recall KDH. I guess Hamza will probably be staying. Could there even be an opportunity for Tavares?

I do think we should be looking to add a forward if we can. The only non-defensive player on the bench today was Nacho.

I wasn't expecting such a strong team today, but glad we're through relatively unscathed. Great to get another win, and in such style.

To Stoke fans: How's life in the Football League treating you? Not quite so funny now, is it?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, casablancas said:

That’s not the case. Think Praet was playing for his position. He’s too good to sit on the bench but can’t fit into the team. He’s commitment and timing of runs and touch were all phenomenal. 

That's worked out well for him..

19 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Perez’ football brain is ten times that of Iheanacho. Perez is such a clever player imo

His downfall is his lack of pace though. 

... and lack of upper body strength.

Technically, though, he’s on a par with most of the rest of the team.

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

Have to post it again! Surely our goal of the season so far!

giphy.gif

James Justin, take a bow son!

More than just OUR best goal of the season? The footwork and movement by JJ and then that shot. Gets even better very watch. It is so fast and picks up speed it seems together with the bend on it. Just wow! 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd
  • Like 2