Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Cricket (None Leicestershire County Cricket Club)

7 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Yeah.

With the greatest of respect to the Indian fans on here (Stan in particular), I've long thought Kohli to be an immensely talented batsman and capable captain but a poor winner and much worse loser. But then, I guess humility doesn't often lend itself to top-level sport.

Yep he’s a tosser. Unbelievable cricketer but an absolute dickhead 

8 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Yeah.

With the greatest of respect to the Indian fans on here (Stan in particular), I've long thought Kohli to be an immensely talented batsman and capable captain but a poor winner and much worse loser. But then, I guess humility doesn't often lend itself to top-level sport.

He is a very sore loser, but he used to be far worse than he is now. May not seem like it but he's improved than say 5+ years ago. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Manini said:

So if we go on to lose this, does that make it a NZ India final of the ITC with the con’s missing out? 

Blurgh ignore me. Another test to play :facepalm:

England can't qualify unless they win the series 3-1 I think. 

If the series is a draw, Australia qualify. 

India win 3-1 or 2-1 then its a NZ vs India final. 

Just now, StanSP said:

England can't qualify unless they win the series 3-1 I think. 

If the series is a draw, Australia qualify. 

India win 3-1 or 2-1 then its a NZ vs India final. 

I knew we were up against it to qualify. 

I hope we do draw the series but at least there’s a silver lining if we don’t lol 

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

It's a shame because the talent's clearly there from his past scores in First Class games. I guess it can happen to bowlers though. I think Gough was half decent when he started out and ended up a complete bunny?

Not sure, he just seems to get out tamely every time.

I wouldminded if he chipped in with the occasional quick 20 run.

But he's average 8 even Jimmy average 9.5

The annoying thing about this is the first 2 tests went on for longer but didn't get to watch much of it (despite screwing up the sleep pattern by waking up early and watching as much as possible!). 

Now we get a day/night test which falls in to our hands for UK watchers and we get less than half of the 5-days to watch lol lol

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

The annoying thing about this is the first 2 tests went on for longer but didn't get to watch much of it (despite screwing up the sleep pattern by waking up early and watching as much as possible!). 

Now we get a day/night test which falls in to our hands for UK watchers and we get less than half of the 5-days to watch lol lol

Exactly. It's spoilt my fun.

The ICC hold the integrity of Test cricket, the pinnacle of the game, in their hands.  The last two matches have been played on wickets that have lowered the standard to the level of a farce.  A bowler should take a wicket through his skill, not as a result of the wicket misbehaving from the first day.

They were silent following the second test in Chennai, which gave tacit approval for a further inadequate wicket to be used for the next Test.  We've all seen the result.  In my view a firm message needs to be forthcoming from the ICC if this sorry situation is not to be repeated and the game we love is damaged.

On 27/02/2021 at 03:19, StanSP said:

Was his personal reason the strip for the 4th test I wonder lol

I've been reading the posts on here and clearly you're an Indian fan, what type of pitch do you think we'll get for the last test? It's clear a heavily spinning track will favour India, as England have never played spin well, but is there a chance of a bit of a road being produced? Or is that unlikely this time of year in that area?

Either way, I think India have too much quality for us and it's likely to be 3-1.