Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

Strange dreams you’ve had

Embarrassingly, I had a dream where my wife and I went to the house of a stunningly beautiful blonde female colleague of mine who I had a crush on (honestly, a previous Miss Birmingham, make of that what you will). She also, in the real friendship, genuinely had a thing for me.

So at her house, her husband was there but they (genuinely) didn't get on. I was on their sofa and (let's call her Helen, because that's her actual name) slipped under the snug blanket and started to feel me up. My wife got suspicious so she stopped. I woke up with a feeling of loss and real sadness. Took me a while to assimilate my feelings.

Edited by Parafox
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/01/2021 at 19:26, Parafox said:

Embarrassingly, I had a dream where my wife and I went to the house of a stunningly beautiful blonde female colleague of mine who I had a crush on (honestly, a previous Miss Birmingham, make of that what you will). She also, in the real friendship, genuinely had a thing for me.

So at her house, her husband was there but they (genuinely) didn't get on. I was on their sofa and (let's call her Helen, because that's her actual name) slipped under the snug blanket and started to feel me up. My wife got suspicious so she stopped. I woke up with a feeling of loss and real sadness. Took me a while to assimilate my feelings.

Hahahahahaha. Hate it when I wake up and the sadness kicks in.

On 15/01/2021 at 15:41, Cardiff_Fox said:

I had one recently where I was like a literature talk but there was lots of booze and it was dead leary. Basically when walking away from the seats, it was in a big pub. All I could think about waking up was how much I miss getting pissed in a pub

This week it was going on the piss in Dublin with the cast of the Wire 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, Rain King said:

Two nights ago dreamt my Mum went missing.

Last night dreamt my Mrs jumped off a building.

It's been a stressful two nights!

Were they dreams or nightmares? Important distinction! Freud described dreams as the royal road to the unconscious mind, and that their obvious content unlocks subconscious desires. 

4 minutes ago, String fellow said:

Were they dreams or nightmares? Important distinction! Freud described dreams as the royal road to the unconscious mind, and that their obvious content unlocks subconscious desires. 

Definitely nightmares 🤣.

Woke up in a right state both mornings.

On 15/01/2021 at 09:41, Voll Blau said:

Football dreams are great. I had one the other night where we were playing Wrexham in a Premier League game and we brought on Kasey Keller to play up front. He was wearing his full goalie kit (the one from 96/97 with all the weird patterns on it) but had '9' on the back of his shirt. He scored the winner and then, instead of going down the tunnel, all the players went down into the SK1 concourse at the end of the game.

Oh, and Gareth Bale was playing for Wrexham.

Had you been playing too much Football Manager?

21 minutes ago, isaidno said:

Not a dream as such but the other night I woke my wife up singing songs from 'Waffle the wonder dog' in my sleep. 

Twice recently I have woken my wife by kicking her as I made a goal-line clearance in my dream.

On 22/01/2021 at 19:26, Parafox said:

Should have gone back to sleep, your wife might have stormed off and left her to finish you off.

Anyone ever woke from a brilliant dream and gone back to sleep to see how it ends?

Edited by yorkie1999

I had a very bizarre one the other night. Dan Walker was on some weekend morning cooking show type thing, and whilst he's guest cheffing, a pan of cooking oil just starts kicking off. It's spitting around the place and soon it's raining hot oil in the studio. It's coming from the ceiling and everything. Cue mass panic. The presenter and other guests leg it and the crew are screaming for DW to do the same. But in his desire to stay entirely professional and not ruin a live show, he just stands there, picking up extreme burns. His polished presence quickly deteriorates and everyone just watches as he slowly spirals into a world of pain. 

The panic and stress in the studio was intense. 

No idea what the dream signifies, nor why Dan Walker played such a huge part in it. Should probably check he's actually OK.

• Haha 1

I started my own business and when it started doing well I used to dream I could fly. Just about a foot or two off the ground, but I could actually fly. It was great and was reoccurring, brilliant time dream wise, and personal wise. 

If I am ever really ill I have the same dream, had it all through my life. In a field, and the field moves, hard to explain. Think I had it initially when I was about seven with measles, then about half a dozen times since. Chicken pox, flu once, a bug that knocked me out. When it turns up it makes me think that it’s the dream I may have before I die, as it’s related to ill health and its when I am battling through a bad illness.