Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

Strange dreams you’ve had

On 14/03/2021 at 10:54, Collymore said:

So last night I had a very vivid dream, walking down a fairly busy street, perhaps abroad... warm, sun out and who passes? No one other than our Jamie Vardy! Had a little chat, he seemed very relaxed. 

I had the same dream, but it turned out to be Lee 'Chappy' Chapman. 

Strange one last night...

Was in a queue/crush outside the old Pen 3 and Brendan Rodgers was on some steps talking to the press in one of those big padded jackets - but it had the Arsenal badge on it.

Once I got inside, I was in some school grounds walking with BR and he tells me we've signed some 16 year old wonderkid who will make his debut at the weekend vs Liverpool. I tell him how proud I am being a Leicester fan living down south and basically act like a teenage fan girl :wub:

Seems we're in the school grounds for a parents evening and I walk over to talk to my son's teacher. She tells me he's getting bullied for being fat and I admit it's my fault for over feeding him. We both sit there crying.

Then I look over and can see the sea with a massive traffic sign saying 'DARTFORD' and in the distance on the sea is a huge, menacing, looking space ship.

WTF?

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Izzy said:

Was in a queue/crush outside the old Pen 3 and Brendan Rodgers was on some steps talking to the press in one of those big padded jackets - but it had the Arsenal badge on it.

Once I got inside, I was in some school grounds walking with BR and he tells me we've signed some 16 year old wonderkid who will make his debut at the weekend vs Liverpool. I tell him how proud I am being a Leicester fan living down south and basically act like a teenage fan girl :wub:

Seems we're in the school grounds for a parents evening and I walk over to talk to my son's teacher. She tells me he's getting bullied for being fat and I admit it's my fault for over feeding him. We both sit there crying.

Then I look over and can see the sea with a massive traffic sign saying 'DARTFORD' and in the distance on the sea is a huge, menacing, looking space ship.

WTF?

Any chance you had some strange looking mushrooms for your dinner last night?

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Izzy said:

WTF?

Codeine

• Like 1

I dreamt I was in B&Q trying to buy some flooring but the only thing I could get to bind it together was strips of Elastoplast which I had to spit on to get it to fix and my sister in law was forcing me to get a bank loan to keep her business alive, bribing me with a promise of plums and some electricity.

Figure that fucxer out, Freud.

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Parafox said:

I dreamt I was in B&Q trying to buy some flooring but the only thing I could get to bind it together was strips of Elastoplast which I had to spit on to get it to fix and my sister in law was forcing me to get a bank loan to keep her business alive, bribing me with a promise of plums and some electricity.

Figure that fucxer out, Freud.

Funnily enough I was in B&Q last week.
Some big fvcker in an orange apron walked up to me and said “do you want decking?” but luckily I got the first punch in :thumbup:

Edited by Izzy
  • Haha 3

I seem to dream about witnessing plane crashes a lot...not sure if that has any Freudian meaning to it?.

Last night i had another one, i was at the top of my garden, my dad at the bottom the plane crashed into the garden next door and then wiped out my house.  I could see my dad waving his hands and shouting but i couldn't hear anything, he then went into the house and found my mum who seemed unhurt.....I then dreamt about a women with six arms....and another one where electric entities were zapping people dead but left me alone, and i was guided to a car park where Michael Cera (starred in superbad) was about to perform some kind of dance routine  andwas about to explain to me what was going on then I woke up....that's a pretty average night for me dreams wise.

Nothing extraordinary but quite an odd thing. One day I heard my alarm go off so I got up to brush my teeth/shower. Them came back and thought I'd lie down again for 5 mins. Next thing I know I actually woke up panicking I'd fallen asleep again and was late for work. But when I checked it was still 2 hours before my alarm was due to go off. So I was obviously dreaming the first time. Felt so vivid though it was mad :S

Edited by TK95

• 2 weeks later...

Recently read 1984 for the first time, and thought it was a really depressing read. Anyway last night had a dream about being in a world like that, having to go into hiding with my dad sacrificing himself to help me escape one of the detention centres 😬

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

Recently read 1984 for the first time, and thought it was a really depressing read. Anyway last night had a dream about being in a world like that, having to go into hiding with my dad sacrificing himself to help me escape one of the detention centres 😬

Depressing but compelling. One of the few novels I've read in 2 sessions.

58 minutes ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

At this time of year just after I've had my lunch, I always think of the opening of 1984:

"It was a bright cold day in April, and the clocks were striking thirteen"

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

At this time of year just after I've had my lunch, I always think of the opening of 1984:

"It was a bright cold day in April, and the clocks were striking thirteen"

And that opening is chilling. That's what really drew me in.

• Like 1

I dreamt last night that I'd ruptured my knee ligaments and broken my ankle. I was waiting in hospital for surgery and I kept getting presents from foxestalk members.  Some foxestalk members in Grenada sent me a shirt over  lol.

When I woke up I had pins and needles in my foot,  making me belive I'd actually broken my ankle. 

Serious question:

Is it just me who has vivid, nostalgic dreams about people from my past, and then subsequently wake up feeling completely disconsolate? 

I often don't spend any time awake thinking about these people, yet I had a dream last night about my first love (not for the first time recently, for some reason)

Now I'm sat here unable to shake it. Like, really melancholy about life in general and thinking "what if?".

I know it'll pass, but I'm just curious... Anyone else?

Edited by RoboFox

16 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Serious question:

Is it just me who has vivid, nostalgic dreams about people from their past, and then subsequently wake up feeling completely disconsolate? 

I often don't spend any time awake thinking about these people, yet I had a dream last night about my first love (not for the first time recently, for some reason)

Now I'm sat here unable to shake it. Like, really melancholy about life in general and thinking "what if?".

Not very often but yes I've had similar in the past, like you it can be about someone I hadn't thought about for ages, then suddenly I dream about them and find myself wondering about them for a while afterwards. Not really casual wondering either, they can make me really start questioning what went wrong, and what if things had been different. 

I've never mentioned it to anyone else before, I thought it was just me! 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Had a dream last night that I was on supermarket sweep. Had the least amount of time in the trolley dash but blitzed it by filling the trolley with expensive joints of meat and 5 litre bottles of engine oil.

In the final round we couldn't peal off one of the clues and all the time went.  The producers gave us £2000 to say sorry :D

• Haha 1

Not so much weird, perhaps more poignant? Ten years ago, I worked with the women found dead just over a week ago and whose death was linked to the incident in Hunstanton.

In my dream we were back at our place of work and I was trying to warn her what was going to happen but trying to choose words without me sounding weird or some kind of freak. I was really getting frustrated trying to let her know somehow what was going to happen to her.. :cry:

Edited by Free Falling Foxes
  • Sad 1

On 22/01/2021 at 19:26, Parafox said:

Embarrassingly, I had a dream where my wife and I went to the house of a stunningly beautiful blonde female colleague of mine who I had a crush on (honestly, a previous Miss Birmingham, make of that what you will). She also, in the real friendship, genuinely had a thing for me.

So at her house, her husband was there but they (genuinely) didn't get on. I was on their sofa and (let's call her Helen, because that's her actual name) slipped under the snug blanket and started to feel me up. My wife got suspicious so she stopped. I woke up with a feeling of loss and real sadness. Took me a while to assimilate my feelings.

On 08/04/2021 at 09:33, RoboFox said:

Serious question:

Is it just me who has vivid, nostalgic dreams about people from my past, and then subsequently wake up feeling completely disconsolate? 

Yes, me. I've had a few dreams of 2 loves I've had (besides my wife), one in my 20's who I really thought was "the one" and the other more recently as mentioned above and I've woken feeling like you describe. It's odd as I'm happily married but I have some niggle in the back of my mind of "what if". When I wake up I feel a real sense of sadness and loss, as I have said. I guess the mind retains these feelings and experiences and they get reconstructed as a way of dealing with them.

My dreams seem to be mostly about trying to follow one or the other up a really slippery hill where they go on ahead and I keep slipping back down and then they're gone. 

Both of these "loves" were called Helen. 

• Like 1

I'm currently weaning off an SSRI I've been on for numerous years, coupled with the fact I've stopped smoking weed at the moment, I'm having really vivid dreams and remembering them for the first time in years.

Last night I dreamt that I was shagging two girls at the same time, going between two rooms, they then met each other on the stairs - a sort of Sitcom style predicament.

I then dreamt that I was at Legoland and was riding a rollercoaster suspended above water, however there was no carriage, I was just straddling a tube and slowing down to a stop at certain points and I had to wait for the person behind to push me to get me moving forward again.

Can't wait to find out what suppressed mental trauma this is alluding to.

• 1 month later...

Been sleeping with my air con unit on recently. Now a year ago I was burgled and slept through it and this AC is noisy so I’m very paranoid about not knowing someone is in the house.

Last night I dreamt someone was in my house and it turns out I’m more of a fighter in my sleep than real life as my poor other half bore the brunt of this last night. Not good at all, feel mega guilty.

On 22/04/2021 at 15:23, isaidno said:

Had a dream last night that I was on supermarket sweep. Had the least amount of time in the trolley dash but blitzed it by filling the trolley with expensive joints of meat and 5 litre bottles of engine oil.

In the final round we couldn't peal off one of the clues and all the time went.  The producers gave us £2000 to say sorry :D

You've reminded me of a dream I had years ago. I was working in an archive. It was a huge 5-storey building with shelves all over the place. A lot of the flooring was just grated, so you could see all the way to to top or bottom of the building. It was pretty run-down in general. Pickers would go around with a trolley and collect files off a list. I dreamt I was there in a sort of Supermarket Sweep/Running Man hybrid TV show. Small teams would stealthily go around with a Mad Max-ified trolley collecting things from the shelves, but would attack each other if they were spotted and try to steal what they had collected. My team heard another approaching, and were silently waiting to ambush them. As their footsteps got louder, I woke up with my heart racing. Proper adrenaline rush.

There'd been some sort of political rally in the Town Hall Square, and I was cleaning up afterwards when Richard Attenborough came up and showed me an old play-bill (Bristol Old Vic) that he seemed to think he'd promised to show me. I looked at it, but couldn't see his name on it. 

I thought; 'Poor old sod's lost it.' But then we went for a drink in a crowded pub where I gave him the slip. 

Woke up feeling slightly ashamed of myself for doing that.