Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Players you forgot played for us

10 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Can look at every squad since I was about 7/8 (I'm 30 now), recognise every name and picture them playing for us - but there's one bloke who I genuinely can't remember at all.

Peter Gilbert - (apparently) played a handful of times for us in 05/06, I wouldn't notice him if I brushed past him on the street. Assumed he must have been a loanee that got ten minutes and sodded off but he was a permanent signing.

After looking his name up out of curiousity I remember seeing him play for our reserves but not the first team. He was a  very limited footballer.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Corky said:

God, remembering the Dublin-Keown-Dabizas back line with the combined age of 187. 

Micky Adams did some very good work in challenging times but my word he filled the squad with ageing, past-it dross.

It was like a dads army squad not forgetting to add Matt Elliot to that list. I think Micky had to rely on free agents in that window following relegation and all he could probably find was three former aged premier league players. Times were depressing it's amazing to think how excited we all got when we actually spent money to bring in a player from Walsall... I think we all knew who that was. 

1 minute ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Stuart Taylor was really good for us - could and probably should have had a career as number one at a few clubs but seemed happy being a Harrods Conrad Logan

Finished his career off at Man City of all places as their like fourth or fifth choice keeper didn't play a single second for them I don't think. I have got a feeling he has actually been called up to England during the Sven period but I don't think he played.

4 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Yes indeed, good player was with for just three months sad choose to exit the club soon after Sven was sacked. Now retired from football after spending some time in Germany.

Yeah he was a cut above for us. Shame we couldn't hang onto him. 

4 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Yes indeed, good player was with for just three months sad choose to exit the club soon after Sven was sacked. Now retired from football after spending some time in Germany.

Only just retired as well which surprised me as I had it in my head he was in his late twenties when with us.

I've realised that because of Shinji Okazaki's incredible smile and also the small feat of winning the league with us, I'd forgotten he was actually the 2nd Japanese player we signed and Yuki Abe has been consigned to the forgotten haze of memory since.

20 hours ago, Jobyfox said:

To be honest I had to put some research into this (sad I know). But how would I know if I’d forgotten a player who played for us?

After googling former squads I was reassured that I remembered most players or, if I’d forgotten them, they’d only played 1 game or none at all.

Then, all of a sudden, I found three in the 02/03 season. Three players who’d all played between 9-12 games and I couldn’t remember them at all. I give you:

Martin Reeves

Jon Ashton

Jon Stevenson

If anyone has any fond memories of these players then please let me know - as I clearly wasn’t paying attention during that campaign. 

Jon Stevenson bagged a late equaliser at filbert street. Might have been against Southampton. Got to be around 20 years ago, seemed to disappear after that 

• Thanks 1