Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lambert09

Martin Odegaard- Loan

7 hours ago, sdb said:

Sounds like we've backed out. I'm sure it's a sensible decision for whatever reason, but a real shame nevertheless. 

I bet it's because there was no option to buy the player outright. If you compare Odegaard to Eriksen, Odegaard has by far the higher potential, but also would need time to develop and would not be a first choice player. He's the sort of player who in our system I think would turn into an absolute superstar... only for Madrid to then profit from that game time. I know we did do that with Tielemans a few seasons ago, but the profile of the club was much worse than it is today back then. Arsenal have shown with Ceballos that they don't care about such things, but then this is the club that have lost Alexis Sanchez, Mesut Ozil and Aaron Ramsey on free transfers and who are frankly clueless at the operational level.

The other stipulation might have been requiring a certain amount of game time, which he's not guaranteed to get.

A big shame though, as we would have turned him into an absolute world beater. Tailor made for our style of play!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

I bet it's because there was no option to buy the player outright. If you compare Odegaard to Eriksen, Odegaard has by far the higher potential, but also would need time to develop and would not be a first choice player. He's the sort of player who in our system I think would turn into an absolute superstar... only for Madrid to then profit from that game time. I know we did do that with Tielemans a few seasons ago, but the profile of the club was much worse than it is today back then. Arsenal have shown with Ceballos that they don't care about such things, but then this is the club that have lost Alexis Sanchez, Mesut Ozil and Aaron Ramsey on free transfers and who are frankly clueless at the operational level.

The other stipulation might have been requiring a certain amount of game time, which he's not guaranteed to get.

A big shame though, as we would have turned him into an absolute world beater. Tailor made for our style of play!

Whilst arsenals recent transfer record is absolutley shocking. Wasnt sanchez in a swap deal and not free? 

41 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Whilst arsenals recent transfer record is absolutley shocking. Wasnt sanchez in a swap deal and not free? 

Cash and ??? Henrik mkhatarion or however it’s spelt if I recall. 

Edited by casablancas

1 hour ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

From what I hear the club got the sense he wasn't fussed about coming here so didn't bother following it up.

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Gone to Arsenal.

Embarrassed for the lad

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

From what I hear the club got the sense he wasn't fussed about coming here so didn't bother following it up.

It will be interesting to see after we've had a few transfers over the coming windows exactly how big of a sway the new training ground has over location for the top players.

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.. could  just be that he and his agent decided it would afford him more game time at Arsenal that he would at Leicester!!!

Well yeah that would be my guess. They can probably offer first team football.

7 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.. could  just be that he and his agent decided it would afford him more game time at Arsenal that he would at Leicester!!!

He'll be the one to miss out; few players are privileged enough to sit on the bench and watch a generational talent like Marc Albrighton in person. Saying that, Arsenal might be better for him; I mean, he would be under less pressure playing for a midtable club.

• Haha 4

I’d have thought Odergaad would have rather be approached by a decent team rather than the gooneys a team with ambition of finishing in the top 4, maybe Brendan should have a word in his ear and get him to come to Leicester better Team better Training facilities what more could he want ? 😉🤪

Edited by justfoxes