Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

João Palhinha

On 22/01/2021 at 13:18, sacreblueits442 said:

...very robust and and tenacious!!!

Seems a great asset at corners, picks out a spot, composed infront of goal. Great workrate not too sure about pace but he does not shy away from tackles. Perhaps best compared to an experienced Hamza.

This. More skill, same PG rated chop-socky

• Like 1

2 hours ago, turtmcfly said:

This. More skill, same PG rated chop-socky

Looks good but over half those tackles would be given as fouls by the ****s refereeing in the Premier League. 

Edited by danny2997
Sanitising
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, kingfox said:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/joao-palhinha-leicester-city-transfer-4968523

Linked again, probably doubtful considering the price, but those on the first page saying no to this guy, clearly haven’t seen his stats.

This guy is close to Ndidi in terms of tackling/interception stats, would be better competition for Wilf instead of Mendy & Choudhury.

Unless we get him for his true value of around 10-15m then no it’s a waste of money. You don’t spend north of 20m, let alone the figures quoted in the merc, for a back up that’s more of a nice to have with the backup we currently have.

We need Youri and Vardy’s understudies and we still need to pay for a RW no way we blowing money on a DM.

I’d go as far to say it’s Youri backup we need over Vardy, knock Youri out and it don’t matter what we got up front they won’t be getting the ball anyway.

On 22/01/2021 at 18:12, Beechey said:

He is a French national though, he just doesn't play for their team.

Don't tell the Algerians, they like to over look the fact he was born in France, grew up in France and played football in France, his mum is moroccan, I once said on Facebook that he was as much Moroccan as he was Algerian, I actually received death threats 😂😂

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, foxestalkisfullofidiots said:

Don't tell the Algerians, they like to over look the fact he was born in France, grew up in France and played football in France, his mum is moroccan, I once said on Facebook that he was as much Moroccan as he was Algerian, I actually received death threats 😂😂

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 As a moroccan i can confirm some of them are crazy 

• Haha 1

I like Hamz and Mendy, they've filled in for Ndidi well, really well, but they're not good enough, not just yet.

If we lost Ndidi to a "big 6" in the summer, we would have needed to start courting the likes of Palhinha round about now. 

This is smart business.

2 minutes ago, Heskey2011 said:

I like Hamz and Mendy, they've filled in for Ndidi well, really well, but they're not good enough, not just yet.

If we lost Ndidi to a "big 6" in the summer, we would have needed to start courting the likes of Palhinha round about now. 

This is smart business.

It won't be for the sums being mentioned but still it will only become 'smart business' if Ndidi was to leave in the summer otherwise its a waste of money when other positions are required urgently

On 22/01/2021 at 13:04, Sol thewall Bamba said:

We should never be giving Sporting another penny. 

C'mon. If some team had come along and offered £40m for Gray, do you think City would have said, "he's not worth it". The goods are on display for the scouts to assess so it's City who should take the responsibility for who they hire.

1 hour ago, gerblod said:

C'mon. If some team had come along and offered £40m for Gray, do you think City would have said, "he's not worth it". The goods are on display for the scouts to assess so it's City who should take the responsibility for who they hire.

What's Gray got to do with anything? Sporting shafted us for Slimani and Silva, two of the clubs worst pound for pound signings in our history. Not mentioning the fact they messed us about with Silva meaning he couldn't play for 5 months. 

If this was any other business, City would not be going anywhere near them. 

2 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

What's Gray got to do with anything? Sporting shafted us for Slimani and Silva, two of the clubs worst pound for pound signings in our history. Not mentioning the fact they messed us about with Silva meaning he couldn't play for 5 months. 

If this was any other business, City would not be going anywhere near them. 

I think that the Silva transfer was complicated by some last minute demands from the club president for more money . I think he’s gone now but your point is a fair one - I’m not sure we should be dealing with them certainly in multi million transfers either 

8 minutes ago, surrifox said:

I think that the Silva transfer was complicated by some last minute demands from the club president for more money . I think he’s gone now but your point is a fair one - I’m not sure we should be dealing with them certainly in multi million transfers either 

Yeah I was under the impression we had a fee agreed and they upped it at the 11th hour. Without that the 14 second debacle wouldn't have happened.

On 22/01/2021 at 17:53, Jimbo said:

Off the top of my head 

Fofana

Mendy

Teilemans (technically signed from France)

Mahrez (technically signed from France)

Kante 

Kermorgant

Knockaert 

How can you go to all this trouble and fail to mention Pegguy Arphexad? 

• Like 1