Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

Ricardo Pereira

On 01/04/2024 at 15:16, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

Difference between Riccy P and Hamza is simple. When Riccy joins the midfield as the extra man he adds something. When Hamza does - your like, go back to FB mate. 

For me it's more, when riccy p goes into midfield he still gets back. Hamza does not.

On 01/04/2024 at 15:16, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

Difference between Riccy P and Hamza is simple. When Riccy joins the midfield as the extra man he adds something. When Hamza does - your like, go back to FB mate. 

One is a footballer

..the other isn't.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Ed 1 said:

Before Ricky P got injured in March 2020 he was on his way to becoming one of the best right backs in Europe. He oozes class. 

Agreed, and I'm not sure he's ever consistently reached those same levels pre-injuries.

12 hours ago, ARTY_FOX said:

For me it's more, when riccy p goes into midfield he still gets back. Hamza does not.

Hamza is an average Championship midfielder. He’s not a fullback. He’s most likely at his peak.

Ricardo at his peak, was potentially the best right back in the Premier League before injury and then James / TTA pushed on a level.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Dickov22 said:

Sick of people bashing Hamza. Stick him at centre back or defensive centre mid and he’s fine. Decent squad player. Enzo asking him to play as an inverted full back when he can’t is not his fault 

Ricky P was very good yesterday. Pray he stays fit now 

Hamza is not a bad midfielder at all. Positionally it’s more difficult to play full back, as you are so isolated if you’re not use to adjusting to having no cover. Fatawu helps him out a lot. 

1 minute ago, Tielemans63 said:

KDH is rightly getting a lot of plaudits, but Riccy is the best player in the division for me

100% agree. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Ed 1 said:

Before Ricky P got injured in March 2020 he was on his way to becoming one of the best right backs in Europe. He oozes class. 

I wouldn’t have had TAA ahead of him at the time. Was our best player and we were 2nd or 3rd I think. Think probably as devastating as the Fofana injury.

Without it, probs champions league and likely a c. £70m sale

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, eblair said:

I wouldn’t have had TAA ahead of him at the time. Was our best player and we were 2nd or 3rd I think. Think probably as devastating as the Fofana injury.

Without it, probs champions league and likely a c. £70m sale

Agree, if one of the world’s biggest clubs had offered £50m pre injury, you wouldn’t have been surprised. He was our best player then. 

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, Sly said:

Hamza is an average Championship midfielder. He’s not a fullback. He’s most likely at his peak.

Ricardo at his peak, was potentially the best right back in the Premier League before injury and then James / TTA pushed on a level.

Yeah. I'm saying hes better. 

He elevates our team when he plays alongside Winks - elite talent. 

Massive challenge for us in the close season is finding cover / a player who can rotate with Ricky when he needs a rest / inevitably gets a knock.

What a man. I think it's getting to the point where he stays with us for another year or two then probably heads back to Portugal to finish his career.

Shame to see him playing at this level - at the peak of his powers I feel like he wouldn't have looked out of place at any team in the world.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

I wouldn’t have been surprised to see him go for big money in the summer of 2020 if it wasn’t for that ACL injury, he was world class

There was a pod (might have been Crouch's) with Andy Robertson right at the start of the first lockdown where he said Ricardo and Chilwell were the outstanding pair of full-backs in the league that season. Ricardo was just so fun to watch at his peak, great to see him enjoying himself again.

• Like 4

I didn’t expect him to get nominated because these sort of players never usually do but I honestly believe he’s the best player in the league. 

Injuries obviously impacted his career but it’s so obvious watching him he’s way above this level. 

• Like 1

It’s unfair to compare Hamza to Riccy P.  Different types of player altogether and Riccy is on a different level completely .

But that is not Hamas fault. Also, You need players to come in  and cover and play when your main guys are resting. Despite other injuries.. you can’t play many consecutive games after  an ACL injury as there’s always a risk of recurrence. Hamza is an adequate debuty but it’s unrealistic to expect the same level of performance from both..

Hamza is an adequate cover for him,

Just now, MPH said:

It’s unfair to compare Hamza to Riccy P.  Different types of player altogether and Riccy is on a different level completely .

But that is not Hamas fault. Also, You need players to come in  and cover and play when your main guys are resting. Despite other injuries.. you can’t play many consecutive games after  an ACL injury as there’s always a risk of recurrence. Hamza is an adequate debuty but it’s unrealistic to expect the same level of performance from both..

Hamza is an adequate cover for him,

At times Hamza has been great, at other times he's been ok, and there have been a few times where he he has switched off and been really poor. He gets a lot of hate on here, but the one thing everyone could probably agree on is that Riccy P is on another level. Yesterday highlighted for me how he has now seamlessly cracked this inverted role and you can see him float from midfield to defence quickly and does a great job in and out of possession.  Its less consistent with Hamza, but at times hes been an ok backup.