Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

Ricardo Pereira

If he wasn't MOTM today he must have been very close. His alround game today covering and closing down then to have the energy to break forward and score a stunning Goal.

He seemed to be everywhere and the way he took the Ball on his Chest under pressure before passing it forward shows what a top player he is.

He's back to his best again and clearly enjoying his Football.

• Like 1

Has been brilliant this year and an interesting article in the Mercury how his positional switch has reduced the physical load on his body.

I also think we manage the 2nd half of most games after a fast start to reduce potential injuries on all players.

There's a lot of games in the championship and we don't alot of midfield cover for Pereira, Winks or KDH.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trooky said:

Has been brilliant this year and an interesting article in the Mercury how his positional switch has reduced the physical load on his body.

I also think we manage the 2nd half of most games after a fast start to reduce potential injuries on all players.

There's a lot of games in the championship and we don't alot of midfield cover for Pereira, Winks or KDH.

It's a very good article and plenty of us pointed out on here that Maresca and his role in this system may have saved the longevity of his career.

Invariably there'll be more running and combat next season if we go up but hopefully he still can cope as he's a class act.

The pendulum swings on our most important player of the season but Ricardo is right up there, everything about him is top class.

• Like 3

I appreciate the man for staying with us, he shouldn't be anywhere near this league though.

Fair play to Enzo as well, he's managed to get basically a full season out of Ricky and Justin, which we've not seen for a good couple of years.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/02/2024 at 09:14, Ric Flair said:

It's a very good article and plenty of us pointed out on here that Maresca and his role in this system may have saved the longevity of his career.

Invariably there'll be more running and combat next season if we go up but hopefully he still can cope as he's a class act.

The pendulum swings on our most important player of the season but Ricardo is right up there, everything about him is top class.

He's is just absolute class, his creativity from the middle is wild, like interceptions, take ons and the weight of his passes (*chef kisses). And his timing of runs into the box, its like he knows all the roles, inside and out. Managers dream.

• Like 4

Class is the word that I always think of when it comes to describing Ricky P. The way he has transitioned effortlessly from being a marauding, attacking full back to playing a totally different, technically very difficult new position shows what a superb footballer he is. It's a crime that a player of his ability is playing in the second tier to be honest. I'm convinced that if he'd not suffered some huge injuries he would be playing for one of the biggest clubs in Europe by now. We're very lucky to have him. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

Spot on mate - He was destined to be at one of the big European clubs. 

He walks into my all time Leicester 11 - He seems an absolutely top bloke as well 

He is. When my boys were younger I remember they wanted to wait outside the ground after a game to get autographs. Ricky was one of the players who took the time to stop, sign autographs and speak to them, as well as other young fans. By contrast, Kasper, for example, drove past everyone at about 60 miles per hour!

• Like 1

He put in an unbeliveable performance last night along with KDH.  I don't know where they both got the energy.   But if you're going to win things this is the level of performance.

I'm sure he slept well last night with the amount of ground he covered. Then maybe not, Replaying and wondering how we lost that game.

Regardless of the result you'd have to give Ricardo 10/10 for that performance last night. You could see it meant so much too him.

Too bad others didn't contribute enough when needed to get the result Ricardo deserved.    

• Like 1

Felt sorry for Ricardo last night.

He was outstanding, especially given that he was ridiculously given an early yellow card for a great ball winning tackle early on, and was going to have to be careful with any challenges from there on in.

If there was one player on the pitch that didn't deserve to be on a losing side it was him.

1 hour ago, Sunbury Fox said:

He is. When my boys were younger I remember they wanted to wait outside the ground after a game to get autographs. Ricky was one of the players who took the time to stop, sign autographs and speak to them, as well as other young fans. By contrast, Kasper, for example, drove past everyone at about 60 miles per hour!

Yes I thought as much. 

I've met Kasper as well and found him to be very surly and like you were holding him up and an inconvenience - I only wanted an autograph for my 10 year old son as well and told him that