Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

Ricardo Pereira

Thought he looked a great deal sharper tonight than against Zorya, but I guess that's to be expected given we're further down the line.

Our problem will be fitting him back in! How can you possibly drop anyone from this side right now? I would say play him higher up the pitch instead of Albrighton, but his form has been excellent last couple of weeks. Likewise Justin and Castagne look indispensable right now. 

Nice problems to have, however. And gives us time to ease him in gently. Crikey what a strong position we are in at the moment. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Osavo said:

Thought he looked a great deal sharper tonight than against Zorya, but I guess that's to be expected given we're further down the line.

Our problem will be fitting him back in! How can you possibly drop anyone from this side right now? I would say play him higher up the pitch instead of Albrighton, but his form has been excellent last couple of weeks. Likewise Justin and Castagne look indispensable right now. 

Nice problems to have, however. And gives us time to ease him in gently. Crikey what a strong position we are in at the moment. 

We can’t change this team right now. I love Ricardo but he has to wait for a drop of form from our team.

Albrighton has been as good as he ever has over the past month or so. It really is incredible what we’re watching right now.

58 minutes ago, Osavo said:

Your last paragraph hits the nail on the head. Who'd have thought when we lost him to injury that we'd all be relaxed about him coming back and being able to ease back into it.

That being said, if he gets close to the level he was at before, he'll be one of the few guaranteed starters in the team because we all might need a little reminder on just how good he is.

4 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

Your last paragraph hits the nail on the head. Who'd have thought when we lost him to injury that we'd all be relaxed about him coming back and being able to ease back into it.

That being said, if he gets close to the level he was at before, he'll be one of the few guaranteed starters in the team because we all might need a little reminder on just how good he is.

A similar case to Soyuncu. No doubt about it, Fofana has been excellent and will go on to be one of the best in the game, but because of his performances it's been quite easy to forget how good Cags is.

6 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

A similar case to Soyuncu. No doubt about it, Fofana has been excellent and will go on to be one of the best in the game, but because of his performances it's been quite easy to forget how good Cags is.

Yep. Imagine that; Leicester City have some of the best players in the league, sitting on their bench. Sounds good.

6 hours ago, dmayne7 said:

Yep. Imagine that; Leicester City have some of the best players in the league, sitting on their bench. Sounds good.

surely our wage structure makes that unsustainable?   Players may consider fighting for game time if they are being paid 150k/week but for half that it’s likely to be difficult 

Bren suggested Ricardo's position was flexible.

Kasper

Justin Fofana Soyuncu Castange

Ndidi

Ricardo Tielemans Madd Barnes

Vardy

If we can keep those fit, in form and injury-free that's a CL team right there.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, st albans fox said:

surely our wage structure makes that unsustainable?   Players may consider fighting for game time if they are being paid 150k/week but for half that it’s likely to be difficult 

In this very moment, if it continues then yes, it does. But the flip side to that is that if we were to go on and get into the CL again or win something, we'd be moving very close to becoming big enough to: a) afford more expensive backup b) keep players happy despite not starting every game.

Worth remembering that we're going to get into some very crowded fixture periods and if we have good runs in the cups, we'll be talking a normal 40 game season, closer to 60 and everyone will have to feature. Plus, we're talking about 1 player at centre back and 1 at full back so it's pretty easy to accommodate.

As with lots of bits for us, all depends on how successful we can be.

On 15/01/2021 at 16:16, OhYesNdidi said:

A nice headache to have. For what it is worth, i thought id rank the three based on who i think is a better LB / RB. Feel free to disagree. 

RB 

1. Ricardo 

2. Castagne

3. Justin 

LB

1. Ricardo

2. Justin

3. Castagne

So, my conclusion is that i believe Justin is a better LB than Castagne but castagne is better on the right, Ricardo is better than both on both sides. I wouldn't really be against Ricardo playing RW for the rest of the season based on our options. I think the best option would be to play Castagne at RB and Ricardo at LB though. 

Then Next season..Thomas will throw in his t'penny worth...

A Legend FB, Bowing out....Fuchs..still our only ..been there done that FB..

In CB / FB /Dm We needed Step ups from those heights from 2015/16 season....Football Gods have been more than kind...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fuchsntf said:

In CB / FB /Dm We needed Step ups from those heights from 2015/16 season....Football Gods have been more than kind...

Because we have a wealth of riches at FB/WB he is often forgotten ...   I was extremely impressed by his displays, his stamina, his football brain belying his years ..  and his interaction with Barnes ...   what a prospect.    

Yes ...  they've been more than kind ! ...   :thumbup:

9 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Yep! Really rate Thomas too! It’s a shame for him We’ve got 3 incredible FBs already at the club but I’m sure he’ll have a long City career 

Just now, OhYesNdidi said:

Yep! Really rate Thomas too! It’s a shame for him We’ve got 3 incredible FBs already at the club but I’m sure he’ll have a long City career 

From blines, many a Talented midfielder have blossomed...

Probably in 3 seasons time, our Team is Full of ex-fbs/CBs

Great to see him back on the pitch.

Hopefully he'll get 90 minutes at full back at the weekend, we'll then get a sense about where he's at. Main thing to note is how he deals with a winger running at him and how he copes moving backwards and laterally - and whether he has full confidence in the knee. 

Nice that we can ease him back though, i think using him to see out games as a winger, or as an attacking option to bring on at full back is his role for the next month or so - for all JJ's improvements i still think Ricardo's consistency of delivery in the final third makes him a better attacking option at full back in games where we're pressing.

Edited by martyn

47 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I don't think we'll see him as first choice for a few weeks at least, understandably looked a little hesitant but it was great to see him back on the pitch and we even got a classic one-two out of him too. 

Said this earlier in the thread or on another. The site of him doing that was great and something I’d missed seeing.