Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

Ricardo Pereira

23 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

At times Hamza has been great, at other times he's been ok, and there have been a few times where he he has switched off and been really poor. He gets a lot of hate on here, but the one thing everyone could probably agree on is that Riccy P is on another level. Yesterday highlighted for me how he has now seamlessly cracked this inverted role and you can see him float from midfield to defence quickly and does a great job in and out of possession.  Its less consistent with Hamza, but at times hes been an ok backup. 

A fit Ricky P is levels above most players tbf but Hamza hasn’t really kicked on since he broke through into the squad.

Not sure what Hamza’s best position is or that he has a future beyond making up the squad numbers. Perhaps a bit harsh but there u go.

Big challenge finding cover for RP in the summer.

Edited by JimmyC74
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, JimmyC74 said:

Not sure what Hamza’s best position is or that he has a future beyond making up the squad numbers. Perhaps a bit harsh but there u go.

Not harsh at all. Even not comparing him to the great RP, he's a bad player.

Just not good enough for a top 6 championship side IMO

However there needs to be a reckoning with the average wage at 90k/week

We can't have people making the numbers up, that job falls to the U-23s

• Like 2

Mad to think KDH could end up winning the Championship Player of the Season, but not our POTS… 

For me Ricky has been our best player this season. Adapted to his new role really well, and everything he does oozes class 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, weller54 said:

One is a footballer

..the other isn't.

21 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Also one's got a footballing brain while the other hasn't and one's works harder while the other stealing a living 

I'm a sad middle-aged bloke too.  So I will comment too on Hamza in a thread about another player.

Hamza is a footballer.  He is ridiculously remunerated like many footballers.    

He plays with passion.  He has not reached the levels he seemed to have the potential to reach.   

If he's on the pitch, the manager sees him as the best available option and he puts in a shift.  He's too good to be a back up player in this league.  He  will  not reach Ricardo levels.  Ricardo seems worthy of a mention in  this thread.

13 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

In my humble opinion he’s the best player in the league by a distance. At his peak he was genuinely world class. 

At the start and before the first injury, there was only one in the Prem better than him and perhaps 2 worldwide, so you're bang on.

Think it's easy to forget how good he was, especially given he's stayed loyal after injuries and currently find himself in the second tier.

• Like 4

On 08/04/2024 at 02:25, Foxes96 said:

Mad to think KDH could end up winning the Championship Player of the Season, but not our POTS… 

For me Ricky has been our best player this season. Adapted to his new role really well, and everything he does oozes class 

Agree. KDH is still a bit raw. He is not at Maddison level and while he is a hard working player he does not have the extra ounce of world class that Ricardo has. Ricardo is just a clear level above everyone else in this division. If not for his injury, he could have been playing for the top clubs and be genuinely recognised as a world class RB. 

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 1