Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
King of Gipsy Lane

Will we finish in the Top 4

Will we finish in top 4 ?   

568 members have voted

1. 1. Top 4 finish for the City ?

I honestly think we’ll get top 6 definitely and probably top 4. Man City will win I think with Liverpool 2nd and as much as it pains me probably Man Utd 3rd. Then if you look at the other options I think we’re the best. Arsenal are in transition, Chelsea just cannae seem to put it together, Everton are so dull and unadventurous I just can’t see them doing it, Southampton have an amazing team but a poor squad, West Ham and Villa I truly believe will fall away and Spurs are Spurs.

I think top 4 is ours to lose. I know losses like last week are hard to take but football fans are very guilty of only looking at their own team. All teams have bad results, all teams lose against teams they should beat, all teams will have injuries this season and inconsistencies. I know last season hit us all hard and yes it’s a worry about the mentality of the group after such a fall but I’m hoping it made them all more focused on not doing it again. 

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 1

If we don`t, it will be as much to do with this weird season than anything, the depth we can realistcally have is always going to be tested to extremes this season unfortunately

• 2 weeks later...

Fulham (A) - Win 

Wolves (A) - Draw 

Liverpool (H) - Win?! Current points 46

Aston Villa (A) - Draw (47)

Arsenal (H) - Draw (48)

Brighton (A) - Win (51)

Sheff U (H) - Win (54)

Burnley (A) - Win (57)

Man City (H) - Lose (57)

West Ham (A) - Lose (57)

West Brom (H) - Win (60)

Crystal Palace (A) - Win (63)

Southampton (A) - Draw (64)

Newcastle (H) - Win (67)

Man U (A) - Draw (68)

Chelsea (A) - Lose (68)

Spurs (H) - Win (71)

71 should give us top 4 :sweating::fc:

Literally anything can happen, last season we looked like we would, but lost it at the final stretch. We have a team capable of being amongst the four best in the league, but squad depth isn't as good as the teams competing immediately around us perhaps, although a little better than last season.

Have 15/16 luck with injuries - we finish top 4.

Have 19/20 luck with injuries - we finish 5th/6th/7th

6 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

Fulham (A) - Win 

Wolves (A) - Draw 

Liverpool (H) - Win?! Current points 46

Aston Villa (A) - Draw (47)

Arsenal (H) - Draw (48)

Brighton (A) - Win (51)

Sheff U (H) - Win (54)

Burnley (A) - Win (57)

Man City (H) - Lose (57)

West Ham (A) - Lose (57)

West Brom (H) - Win (60)

Crystal Palace (A) - Win (63)

Southampton (A) - Draw (64)

Newcastle (H) - Win (67)

Man U (A) - Draw (68)

Chelsea (A) - Lose (68)

Spurs (H) - Win (71)

71 should give us top 4 :sweating::fc:

Don’t be so sure of the wins. This season is so unpredictable. Liverpool have lost at home to Burnley and Brighton. Utd have lost to palace and Sheffield Utd at home.  Let’s not forget second half of last season we didn’t beat the relegated sides. Imo nothing is certain results wise. 

• Like 2

These threads make me physically sick.

Given we're picking up around an injury per game, have a smaller squad than most, and are still in 2 cups, I think it would be a serious shock. 

9 wins in 14 should do it. But we won 3 in 14 last time around, and surrendered a far bigger lead. 

Just now, winteriscoming said:

Don’t be so sure of the wins. This season is so unpredictable. Liverpool have lost at home to Burnley and Brighton. Utd have lost to palace and Sheffield Utd at home.  Let’s not forget second half of last season we didn’t beat the relegated sides. Imo nothing is certain results wise. 

Of course, I’m not being so sure, I’m just trying to guess it. Obviously if we are to qualify for the Top 4 I feel those are the games we need to target. I’ve included defeats to West Ham etc as can completely see Antonio having his way.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fox in the North said:

Of course, I’m not being so sure, I’m just trying to guess it. Obviously if we are to qualify for the Top 4 I feel those are the games we need to target. I’ve included defeats to West Ham etc as can completely see Antonio having his way.

Agree it’s really difficult to call. Can see us dropping points against sides we shouldn’t and then picking points up where we wouldn’t expect to. I just don’t want a repeat of 2 wins from our last 9 games like last season. 

3 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Agree it’s really difficult to call. Can see us dropping points against sides we shouldn’t and then picking points up where we wouldn’t expect to. I just don’t want a repeat of 2 wins from our last 9 games like last season. 

Definitely, it’s going to be a right slog along with the FA Cup and Europa League games too. Hopefully we can avoid any more serious injuries as I think the togetherness this year is much improved. We’ve at least put ourselves in an excellent position for another bite of European football. Even if we don’t do as well, as you say, results have been weird this year, so maybe we won’t have to be as perfect. I feel this month could be critical.

Edited by Fox in the North
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

Definitely, it’s going to be a right slog along with the FA Cup and Europa League games too. Hopefully we can avoid any more serious injuries as I think the togetherness this year is much improved. We’ve at least put ourselves in an excellent position for another bite of European football. Even if we don’t do as well, as you say, results have been weird this year, so maybe we won’t have to be as perfect. I feel this month could be critical.

Completely agree. 
When I voted on this a few weeks ago I put no. I thought we’d finish 5th. Which imo is still a superb season. If that happens it’s 2 seasons on the trot finishing top 6.  Now I’m not so sure. It’s going to be so close. Also agree with what was put earlier. I won’t be confident if we need results in the last 3 games. 

On 31/01/2021 at 17:56, King of Gipsy Lane said:

Last season we slipped away to miss out on champions league, it’s clear without Vardy on fire we struggle so be good to get a feeling for how confident people feel about the rest of the season and getting that magical champions league place 

At the time you posted this the general opinion seemed to be that top four wasn't possible. Now, only Manchester City seem nailed-on to qualify. United nearly lost today against one of the doomed and Liverpool, although still terrific in attack, fold when asked serious questions. We're playing without four of our best and Vardy and Ricardo are only coming back up to speed - although Vardy was terrific again yesterday.

Turning the question around, how do you feel about Chelsea, Everton, West Ham, Spurs or Villa achieving top four places? They seem to be the only teams capable of reaching the top-four plateau.

It seems that we now have the ability to cope with adversity and meet the next game with no hangovers. Rodgers has learned about running a club without bottomless pockets but with extremely good management. I believe the days of hiring unsuitable players are behind us. He has grown to trust his squad and I believe they reciprocate. The desire to play well for manager and club and play with confidence and self-belief - that's worth any number of £80m players.

I wouldn't be satisfied with top six, because this team needs to stay together - not for players to be tempted away by the possibility of medals/campaigns they're potentially capable of winning at Leicester. Same really for BR. Those super-rich clubs know their money will always ensure they can buy safety and success. We're now on the cusp of cementing an unusual status - moving in high circles without actually fulfilling the imbalanced criteria that allows those other clubs to feel entitled to be there. New training ground, the likelihood of stadium expansion and several major talents in the team. We've never had it so good.

36 minutes ago, Dan Gliballs said:

Literally anything can happen, last season we looked like we would, but lost it at the final stretch. We have a team capable of being amongst the four best in the league, but squad depth isn't as good as the teams competing immediately around us perhaps, although a little better than last season.

Have 15/16 luck with injuries - we finish top 4.

Have 19/20 luck with injuries - we finish 5th/6th/7th

19/20 - luck with injuries we finish 3rd

* whoops , ignore 

Edited by OhYesNdidi
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, tylesta said:

If we get top 4 I hope we try and make it so we stay in the top 4 would be nice. 

The issue with this, if we get top 4 and get CL football next season, then there will be people saying we should field weakened teams in the CL to give us better chances in the league. To push for top 4 consistently we need a few more class signings. 

I hope we can get top 4 and still push for both cups we are in.