Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
King of Gipsy Lane

Will we finish in the Top 4

Will we finish in top 4 ?   

568 members have voted

1. 1. Top 4 finish for the City ?

13 hours ago, Lee Monty said:

Of those 4 games I can honestly see us dropping points to Arsenal, Burnley and Brighton, 

Arsenal (h) Draw Arteta will shut up shop

Burnley (a) Lose Dyche will do what Dyche does.

Brighton (a) Draw watched their game against palace not sure how they lost that.

Sheff Utd (h) Win if we don’t win this then we don’t deserve top 4.

Come now, as Leicester fans I know this level of pessimism is ingrained into us but we should be getting wins against Brighton who are terrible at home, and at least be getting a point away to Burnley.

We should even be beating Arsenal who haven't beaten anybody above them since boxing day, and that was Lampard's Chelsea... 

The ever-obliging Leicester City thread will have alot more entries in them with those results. 

Edited by wardyfox86

Just now, wardyfox86 said:

Come now, as Leicester fans I know this level of pessimism is ingrained into us but we should be getting wins against Brighton who are terrible at home, and at least be getting a point away to Burnley.

We should even be beating Arsenal who haven't beaten anybody above them since boxing day.

The ever-obliging Leicester City thread will have alot more entries in them with those results. 

You wouldn’t think we had only lost 1 game this year... 

Yes I think. As long as Maddison isn’t out for long. 

Last season we relied mostly on Vardy for goals and not much from midfield or wings.

Now there isn’t as much reliance on Vardy, he can have an off day or month and we can still win games. See Sunday.

9 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

You wouldn’t think we had only lost 1 game this year... 

I don't think that any pessimism is based on form but upon whether this level of flogging our key players is sustainable.  The second half of last season is still fresh in the mind and there were signs that we looked jaded at the weekend.  I think that the efforts of our players have been nigh on superhuman.  Can it continue?

The injury situation really hits our ability to rotate.  How we miss Dennis in particular and his ability to cover multiple positions.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, murphy said:

I don't think that any pessimism is based on form but upon whether this level of flogging our key players is sustainable.  The second half of last season is still fresh in the mind and there were signs that we looked jaded at the weekend.  I think that the efforts of our players have been nigh on superhuman.  Can it continue?

The injury situation really hits our ability to rotate.  How we miss Dennis in particular and his ability to cover multiple positions.

Looked jaded but still winning, all teams are feeling it. Especially your Burnley’s and Brighton’s. We are certainly managing games better than most

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Looked jaded but still winning, all teams are feeling it. Especially your Burnley’s and Brighton’s. We are certainly managing games better than most

Yeah, we're managing it well, but there are certain key players that never get a rest.  Perhaps with a full squad we'd be OK.  I don't think it's the same for the likes of Burnley or Brighton.  They're not playing Europa league football and are out of the FA Cup.

I think it was on Radio Leicester that the commentator said that Youri Tielemans could potentially play a total of 66 games (based on going all the way in cup comps).  I mean that's crazy.

10 minutes ago, murphy said:

Yeah, we're managing it well, but there are certain key players that never get a rest.  Perhaps with a full squad we'd be OK.  I don't think it's the same for the likes of Burnley or Brighton.  They're not playing Europa league football and are out of the FA Cup.

I think it was on Radio Leicester that the commentator said that Youri Tielemans could potentially play a total of 66 games (based on going all the way in cup comps).  I mean that's crazy.

Tielemans has that type of game though where he is able to play every game, Lampard and gerrard also played every match pretty much it isn’t unique.  I just think too much is made of it and we can rotate when needed. We certainly have better options to do so in comparison to most sides. 

• Like 1

We've given ourselves a bit of a buffer with the amassed points on the board but do think we'll need every last one of them as with the injuries we may only achieve the form of 6th or 7th best side between now and the end of the season i.e. others could catch us or make significant ground on us. I'd expect Liverpool to wake up at some point and they along with the two Manchester clubs will finish above us. Of the others, all respect to West Ham but I think Chelsea will see the biggest improvement on first half season form and they and Spurs will be the biggest threats for fourth. With this seasons squad and character shown I do have faith we'll do it, we can't be as desperate as fielding a Ryan Bennett and Thomas is a year older and wiser now, at the very least we can defend very well with numerous permutations come what may.  Grab a calculator, it's going to be very tight, look out for Chelsea and Spurs results in particular but as ever, if we look after our own form we can make it.

fazzyfox verdict in a nut shell = 4th a point ahead of Chelsea and three or four ahead of Spurs but only because their ball was the wrong pressure and grass was too green, eees a fiiix eees a fiiix  etc etc

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11712/12227534/leicester-city-are-in-the-big-six-now-brendan-rodgers-on-the-tactical-flexibility-that-is-key-to-their-success

We are Elite from Sky Sports today, I read a lot of comments on this forum an do believe a mental shift is needed from some fans, who always seem to expect the worst, the squad belives they are Elite, BR believes this, the club will back him and May should bring the first real results of this.

Edited by Beachyboy

On 23/02/2021 at 17:49, wardyfox86 said:

We should even be beating Arsenal who haven't beaten anybody above them since boxing day, and that was Lampard's Chelsea... 

Pessimism justified going on tonight’s performance I’d say

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lee Monty said:

Pessimism justified going on tonight’s performance I’d say

Not really, your comment came off the back of a well-managed win over a decent Villa side, albeit without Grealish.

Tonight was a typical Brendan European performance, cautious, over thought, woeful. The 1 thing I hope he takes from that game is to never EVER start Amartey, Albrighton and Choudhury in the same team again. Ricardo, Castagne and ANY other midfielder will start on Sunday, give Tavares a start for all I care.

• Like 1

Creating chances and scoring goals is now my biggest concern for keeping us in the top 4. 

The key for me is either having Madders back and playing asap OR Iheanacho steps into that number 10 role and hopefully excels

I was hoping Under would give us that missing spark without Madders, but that looks unlikely after tonight, so Iheanacho has a big job to do for us, if we are to keep this momentum going, with Madders out. 

He may not have the creativity of Madders, but he can at least link the play from midfield to Vardy and has some nifty little turns in his closet too.

Concerned about the Arsenal game as they seem like a team in form, but hopefully we get a positive reaction after tonight

*been informed they are in fact not.

Edited by STUHILL

I am more confident than last season even with the smaller gap.

What has kept us in the top 4 is our record against other top 6 teams, a massive improvement over last season, but we still losing some games we shouldnt be losing, so its up in the air for me.

Brighton lost to palace because they lack quality in front of goal, I think we have a good chance of beating them as with most opponents we play this season.

Maddison's injury back end of last season probably made the difference between making top 4 and falling short.

Same scenario again this time round too I reckon. Maddison plays in 75% of our remaining games and we should make top.4. If he doesn't, we probably won't.

I’ve actually changed my mind and am no longer so confident, I think we’ve seen is tip over the edge with injuries and I think we’re about to go on a run of bad form. I hope I’m wrong, but likewise with Villa in the league cup last season, I think the loss to Slavia will knock us down a few pegs. We are too thin on the ground, and Chelsea will eventually catch up and take over. It will be settling for Europa again I’m afraid. 

Last season I was so confident we’d make top four and I couldn’t believe the drop-off in our form after new year. We look really tired at the moment and the injuries are taking their toll. I worry that a defeat  tomorrow on the back of Thursday and potentially an inability to win at Burnley given our set piece defending could Start to nag away at the boys with a nod to last season

not now. 

poor injury management and not strengthening in key positions in January will see us lose out again, no doubt.

i don't see how we finish the season strong enough with fofana out, justin out, barnes out, maddison out, vardy at 25% effectiveness, etc. etc.

can't see it. be happy to be wrong, but can't see it. 

Unless Vardy rediscovers form we simply dont have the goals in the team  without Barnes and maddison for the majority (being optimistic) of the rest of the season. Even if he does start scoring again it might not be enough. Gotta hope that we can cling to top 6 rather than top 4 now. Injuries have done us.

After today? No 

looking at odds for outside of top 6, vardy out of form and our only two creative players out injured potentially for a long time. 

Sounds doom and gloom but I think it’s realistic we will finish outside of top 6. Arsenal and now spurs are in form, not to mention West Ham.. Chelsea.. Liverpool