Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
King of Gipsy Lane

Will we finish in the Top 4

Will we finish in top 4 ?   

568 members have voted

1. 1. Top 4 finish for the City ?

46 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Barring medium.to.long term injuries to any more key players, I'm fairly sure now runner's  up is ours

No chance!***

We're gonna be absolutely ****ed if we get to the semis or final in the EL, that's so many games and so many injuries. If we make a decent go of it I can only see weakened teams being played in the league, it's just not possible for the first teamers to play that many games. We do have a pretty good squad, but with JJ out long term, as well as Castagne, Perez, Fofana and others getting small injuries, it's down to the bare bones. Oh and Praet out for at least another 6 or 7 weeks as well!

Nice to see some youngsters involved in the match day squad though, one positive from all the injuries.

***Happy to be proved wrong:D:scarf:

• Like 2

We have to go for it. We are in a sweet moment now with Rodgers, the EPL winners like Vardy, Kasper, Abrighton and Fuchs still around the squad providing the experience and belief (they did actually win), and a group of exciting youngsters that we can still keep within our wage structure. If we don’t make top 4, the usual Big 4/6 will pull away again and it would take another miracle to catch them again. It was a miracle in 2015/16. It does not happen very often and we need to capitalise on it. If we can’t get into CL, we may just have one more season to build on from this and last season before the team disintegrates through the Big 4/6 vultures picking our best.

If we try our best and miss out, so be it, but we need to think winning and have ambition.

It is time for Rodgers to deliver. 

Edited by Tom12345

The Mantra is still the same. It's one game at a time, The more we keep winning the closer we get.

If we didn't have the injuries I'd be certain we'd make it, But with games coming thick and fast and the level of opponents 's getting better it could all go against us very quickly.

It sure is an exciting ride. long may it last.

4 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

The Mantra is still the same. It's one game at a time, The more we keep winning the closer we get.

If we didn't have the injuries I'd be certain we'd make it, But with games coming thick and fast and the level of opponents 's getting better it could all go against us very quickly.

It sure is an exciting ride. long may it last.

Think that was a big win yesterday going

nine points ahead of Liverpool... not

over yet though as we saw last year, but I think we learnt a lot.  I am quietly confident. 

• Like 1

All depends on injuries for me.

If we can keep N'didi, Tielemans, Maddison and Vardy fit and playing each week, then I think we will do it. 

I know you could add some others to that like Barnes, Evans etc but I feel those 4 really help us run and control games

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Lineker's Left Foot said:

Think that was a big win yesterday going

nine points ahead of Liverpool... not

over yet though as we saw last year, but I think we learnt a lot.  I am quietly confident. 

Yes I totally agree though they're all big games now and the quality of the possession will be tougher as we advance in the cups.

I think the players have the mentality and ability . It's just if we can keep enough of the fit.

Getting more confident, next four games are winnable Arsenal, Burnley, Brighton, Sheffield United, get between 7-12 point from them we are in a very strong position going into the last 10.

6-7 wins get us over the line for me.

But injuries could have a large part to play both our and other teams. 

Edited by coolhandfox

Getting Champions League football would be huge. You are talking the equivalent potential financial benefit of selling one of our key assets, which might help us keep all of them for the first summer since 2015.

But it is so exciting to think we could be back in stadiums by September and be able to go. I rarely get goosebumps but the Champions League theme through our stadium speakers got me every time.

I didn't think we were good enough to keep up pace with the top four 5-10 games ago, but it has started to open up just a bit at the moment. So my opinion of the Europa League has changed a bit - if we lose Thursday it is not the end of the world and it might be a blessing.

If it wasn’t for the Thursday night games I’d be very confident.  I’m still worried these games will cost us somewhere along the line. I was massively up for the Europa when it started but now with thirteen games to go and our current league position I’m starting to see it as something I’d rather no longer have. As others have said the importance of Champions League football on keeping players and signing new stars can’t be underestimated.  

1 minute ago, BlueSi13 said:

At this point last season we had a 12 point gap to 5th and we still lost out by 4 points.  Our gap at the moment is 6 points.

Still a loooooong way to go before we can start thinking about the Champions League again.

I personally feel its totally different this year and the attitude the players have this year compared to last is totally different. last year was also a one in a million season with the last 9 games being played with no fans. this year its almost the new normal. However if it ends up coming down to the last 3 games of the season with Chelsea, spurs and united back to back to back I can't see it happening. for me it needs to be cemented before those 3 games.