Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
King of Gipsy Lane

Will we finish in the Top 4

Will we finish in top 4 ?   

568 members have voted

1. 1. Top 4 finish for the City ?

Honestly don't think there is anyway to call this until much further into the season

Only need to look at the recent results and form of teams around us to see it isn't going to be a straight forward answer

We flopped today yet we are currently on course to end the week still 4 points clear of 5th, with possibly only Everton still able to get level on points with us if they win their games in hand (which itself is unlikely to happen) and if Spurs don't come back against Brighton

I Really Dont care at the moment, I'll Keep my Dreams down to the Next 2 Matches & Enjoy the games...

Unlike some, I reckon we played ok today, but we didn t Take our chances.That can always happen,we Dont have enough

Game Changers from the Bench...& Like it Or not....Praet if fit, isnt One either....

Edited by fuchsntf

No, we don't have the strength in depth, and haven't reinforced during January. Man City are nailed on for 1st, Man Utd will get a spot regardless of their manager because they have a few world class players, Liverpool will get a spot so we are fighting for the final spot with Spurs and Arsenal. We are only 9 points above 10th, things could unravel very quickly.

1 hour ago, Lesta2014 said:

Since we beat Chelsea we’ve lost a player a game, vardy, Ndidi and now Castagne. That alone will see us drop out of top 4

Funny because we were without Ndidi, Soyuncu, Ricardo, Castagne for a lot of the first half of the season and still managed to be in the top 4 for all of it...

• Like 2

Ndidi and Vardy shouldn’t be out for too long. We’ll have to sacrifice the cups though if we want to do so - we simply don’t have the depth.

We’ve f ucked up another January opportunity again though.

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Funny because we were without Ndidi, Soyuncu, Ricardo, Castagne for a lot of the first half of the season and still managed to be in the top 4 for all of it...

Vardy is the key one really. We've taken a 15+ goal a season striker out the team. Thankfully/hopefully it won't be for long.

14 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

6th for me but to be fair I've been consistent with that all season. I can't see Chelsea, arsenal and spurs being so poor for so long and villa, Everton and West ham worry me.

I can't see spurs or arsenal being consistent enough to challenge but Chelsea could easily click and take 4th

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Was more about the numbers getting injured not type of players! One player per game with a knock missing one or two games will mess us up

For me we are a season away from giving that a go. Next season I'd imagine a summer strategy will see a striker come in and possibly some further bolstering to attacking wide places. Ricardo back to full fitness and Praet. Most if not all of deadwood moved on, ghezzal last of it and possibly Hamza if he wants it. For me with that in place its then we see along with fans back in greater numbers if weve got the stomach for it.

1 minute ago, SlaneyLCFC said:

I actually believed if we beat everton then we had a proper chance of actually going for it and winning the league. 

After today i think we will finish behind Man City and Liverpool 

There is no shame in that :D 

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

Ndidi and Vardy shouldn’t be out for too long. We’ll have to sacrifice the cups though if we want to do so - we simply don’t have the depth.

We’ve f ucked up another January opportunity again though.

No point in buying for buying sake, if they're no better than what we've got, the last thing we want is any more squad players. You can't buy from someone that won't sell or who doesn't want to come. I'm sure they've got their finger on the pulse, they have in recent times. 

I voted no, but the more I think about it, I expect Liverpool, Man city and United to finish above us, but with Spurs/ Arsenal and Chelsea inconsistent over the whole season so far, we have a chance, so far we have only had mini blips, get a win over Fulham and Wolves, an things look a lot brighter again.