Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
King of Gipsy Lane

Will we finish in the Top 4

Will we finish in top 4 ?   

568 members have voted

1. 1. Top 4 finish for the City ?

Why is it that my "Title Race" topics get closed while this remains open?

Example of our inferiority complex, we are allowed to think we are good enough to "challenge" for the top 4.... but dont dare think we are good enough to be title contenders, that will cause us to collapse and turn into Spurs 15/16.

Are we in a title race..yet?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Example of our inferiority complex, we are allowed to think we are good enough to "challenge" for the top 4.... but dont dare think we are good enough to be title contenders, that will cause us to collapse and turn into Spurs 15/16.

Because people fight over it on various grounds, I think.

I think we’ll take it to the wire again. I think United, City and Liverpool will ultimately be there. Then we are trying to hold off the other top sides - Chelsea, Spurs and to a lesser extent Everton and Villa. I think it will be too much ground for Arsenal to make up and I think West Ham are a good side. 

We definitely have the squad to make Top 4, we just need a combination of mental strength  and luck to get it over the line. Buckle up!!

Still too early to say, the intensity of the games remaining will continue to place significant demands on the breadth of the squad and injuries can have a dramatic affect to results.

For me the time to ask this question is after 30 PL matches.

25 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

3rd/4th place must be realistic. Tottenham are out of the running as are villa and Everton. The only challenger i can see as a threat is chelsea.

I think it's a bit early to be saying those teams are out of the running. Spurs will only be 7 points behind us if they win their game in hand. Villa only 4 points behind if they win their two, and Everton only 3. We're in a good position right now, but let's not get carried away. A lot can change quickly. Only takes a couple of bad sets of results for it to turn on its head.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, ozleicester said:

Unless Man City loses their next two matches, there's no real reason for any team to think about the title. They still have 15 matches to go, but it doesn't look like they going to lose anytime soon

4 minutes ago, BlackFox said:

Unless Man City loses their next two matches, there's no real reason for any team to think about the title. They still have 15 matches to go, but it doesn't look like they going to lose anytime soon

I  think   most fans including me have an inferiority  complex Although I  cant prove it a similar poll  at  other clubs  would have   about  80%  saying top 4 was nailed on  after  our games against the so called big six

24 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

I think it's a bit early to be saying those teams are out of the running. Spurs will only be 7 points behind us if they win their game in hand. Villa only 4 points behind if they win their two, and Everton only 3. We're in a good position right now, but let's not get carried away. A lot can change quickly. Only takes a couple of bad sets of results for it to turn on its head.

1 of Everton's and Villa's games in hand are against each other so that's a positive for us

• Like 3

Glad to see there are a few other optimists on here besides me. Obviously everything will depend on injuries and to who, and the JJ injury means My last f/c of how we'll do I consider null and void-he was that important. Of course even from extensive reading of the club match centre and media I don't know our full injury position but I assume Castagne could be back ready to play within a week. I count we have 19/20 players fit at the moment counting Daley-Campbell who performed well enough recently to be considered temporarily at least first team. BR I think should be a good enough manager to get at least a draw from Prague and near maximum points from our next 4 league games and an eventual 4th place or better in the PL. We may get further problems so might Man U, Man C Liverpool and any of the chasing bunch. Only the Manchesters have the resources to soak up problems. Man U I think will eventually pay the price of having OGS as manager, inexperienced , making mistakes, the last big one saw them exit the ECL, and tactically devoid. So far his big heap of expensive players is saving them, with his only tactic being to keep throwing goal scorers on until the opposition break. That might last to the end of the season but I doubt it. we're six points up on Liverpool. Chelsea have a new manager bounce but I don't expect their results to be better than ours to the season end.

So Man C are the only real threat and we won't catch them, they have Pep and a big squad, unless something totally unseen hits the club. However a top 4 finish seems likely to me provided our key players Kasper(vital for attitudes), Soyuncu, Evans, Ndidi, Tielemans, Barnes, Maddison, Vardy stay fit. IMO we should achieve top 4 even if Madison OR Tielemans miss a few games , preferably selected games, or Soyuncu or Evans miss a few games (preferably selected , for knocks rather than forced by short term injury). The rest of our squad slotted in around this core should imo get us a top 4 finish, a Wembley final( unless we draw Man C ) I trust BR will find an effective way ,or ways , to use Cengiz Ûnder. This is no time for the selection mistakes he's been making recently. Before some dullard tells me 1 loss in 20 ,10 games or whatever and this guy is complaining yes i am. It should have been zero losses in 30 games. Football people say impossible, managers in practically all other disciplines have these sort of figures as targets and  good managers hit them. Its time over funded football started to produce. I could almost guarantee that if our players and manager had put the effort in that hospital workers had put in since last March we 'd be champions again this year. Some would say well all the others could put in the same effort it would stay the same. Correct, we might even do a bit worse. They won't and we have an advantage here I think with a happy well motivated well grounded bunch of players who will step up if asked by BR. Another team of unbelieveables.! And Why Not ? This might not be true of Cengis. If I'd have been pissed around with as he's been I'd be tempted to say F.--- you. Roy Keane and some other past greats would have already told him and floored him as a final word. Fortunately I hope and think Ünder is made of better material and will step up and might even become a key player. BR much as I rate him is not the finished article yet. If he had a boss like Abramovich on site, who said you will play Ünder and you will turn him into the star of the team . Six weeks or you are out, then BR might have done it by now, if Ünder is capable of it,which imo he might be. I don't think he's the type of guy,although pleasant I'd push much further. Especially as we need him a lot at the moment, whether or not he's got star quality.

So Top 4,(second), FA cup or EFL trophy. ( I take it the CL drop outs like Man U, Rangers are still in this) Miracle season

Top 4, Wembley or EFL final. Brilliant season.

Top 5. FA cup knocked out by Man C, Good season

Anything less, disappointing to me unless we lose another key player. even then we might do a good season but I would n't complain if we did n't.

I thought I detected some 2015/6 spirit v Liverpool. If this could be grown who knows what could happen.: the reason I think was  obvious but I ain't gonna say it.

Edited by Alan Frost

1 hour ago, Raw Dykes said:

How dare you post such sensible messages on here. You'll probably get banned

13 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I wouldn't be nearly as angry as I was last season if we miss out on top 4 this season. Injuries have been a nightmare as well as the extra Europa fixtures. Also the points cushion we had last year was the main reason I was so pissed 

Agree! Just annoying we didn’t have this depth last season