Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
King of Gipsy Lane

Will we finish in the Top 4

Will we finish in top 4 ?   

568 members have voted

1. 1. Top 4 finish for the City ?

Many of us are voting with today’s disappointment in mind and rightly so.

every time we get a chance to take advantage of our league position we royally blow it.

i just don’t know what it is with them? It’s to simplistic to say without Vardy we are nothing. Recent games have shown this team can compete without Vardy and win games. They just have to put the physical/ mental shift in.

if Pérez comes out and says I did my utmost best today than fair play he’s not good enough for us - time to go. We can’t have passengers in a high profile/high stakes position like his.

lets see who we bring in tomorrow and I hope the lads properly respond back in our mid week game. We can’t afford to lose another point now if we want to stay in the mix!

6 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Not a reaction purely based on today's game but I don't think so personally. Seem to be getting far more injuries than we've been used to and the calibre of player replacing our injured ones aren't of the required standard to confidently challenge for top 4. We don't even have the 14 point cushion we blew last season. Would love to see us do it but I have serious doubts

A  good squad is needed if you are continually going to get injuries.   Memory might be playing me tricks but in the days of bad pitches horrific tackling we didnt seem to get half as many People like Frank Worthington   and Derek Dougan Arthur Rowley  seem to play every match as opposed to being rested for cup matches  I might be naive but with  better medical facilities and protectiononth field   surely injuries on the field should be far less 

• Haha 1

I think we’ll struggle unfortunately. We are a great side to watch, but have a soft core at times and we are chronically vulnerable at set pieces. Our home form is also poor and we’ve been well beaten by Fulham, West Ham and Leeds.

Our squad depth has improved, but it is difficult for us with key players missing and the league is unforgiving at times.

Finally it is imperative for BR to stop making silly decisions like he is with Perez - he’s persisting with something that isn’t working and his reluctance to try an alternative is hurting the team.

Overall, a wonderful time to be a City fan and a fantastic side to watch and I think we’ll give it a good go.

• Like 1

I am really hopeful, which is unusual as I am pessimist by nature.   But we are approaching full strength, we don't quite have 2 players for each position but definitely approaching 3 for every 2 positions in the first 11.  The team can play and dominate some bigger teams now and others aren't firing 100%.   Recognise we have blips like yesterday, but feeling optimistic for a change. 

• Like 1

Sorry to say No , I think are lack of for sight will be are undoing . That’s those at the top not willing to buy a striker and a class attacking midfielder, rather feed us the same crap as last year , we have a great squad , we we don’t , hopefully next season we realise what we need to compete with the big boys .

1 hour ago, Bptiger said:

Sorry to say No , I think are lack of for sight will be are undoing . That’s those at the top not willing to buy a striker and a class attacking midfielder, rather feed us the same crap as last year , we have a great squad , we we don’t , hopefully next season we realise what we need to compete with the big boys .

You have to find them, then we need them to want to come...!!  Too many fans think its so easy.

These last 3 windows..Brexit & the Pandemic, which many seem to conveniently ignore,but

which tones down much of the drive & question availability & choice.

Finances..We still cant Mix it with the big boys, affording the odd fail, or to Invest & give time..!

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Ashley said:

No injuries permitting. Maybe. If not 4th we will be in Europe again. 

Yep absolutely this.

Said it elsewhere but out first XI is bettered only by Liverpool and City in the league. 

The backup options we have in every position other than fullbacks, are absolutely pish.

If we can keep the majority of the spine of our team fit, then top 7 should definitely be on the cards.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Injuries are hitting faster than an improved squad can cover them.  Our January window determined my vote.

Haven’t we seen this movie just last year?  The Club must know what is at stake.  Yet we’re relying on better luck with squad health, in the middle of a 2-per-week schedule.  Did our vaunted scouting let us down (not identifying decent, obtainable reinforcements)?  Or we are too skint to invest a few million to eat at the eight-figure CL table?

We've still got a real chance, but I think less than 50/50. 

Brendan keeps saying we won’t spend 50,60 70, mil on a player.If you want to compete and be a consistent top four side, then  they’re going to have to in reality.

They should have had a striker on the radar last summer and bought him in this window.

I think a striker is priority IMO.

I think the Fulham game will be a test!

I also think they might have to call Matty James back.

Edited by Speedwell 🦊

Top 6 at a push I think...

we have done brilliantly to be where we are in the league already with the injuries we have had..

The 2nd half of last season I think we lacked ambition as a club both in the transfer market and in the pitch with our tactics... 

I fear we may suffer again this time around..

A depleted squad and we could be playing twice a week between now and the end of the season with still being in the cups..

2nd for me. We get more surprise wins than surprise defeats, and we’re right amongst it. Man Utd won’t finish top 4, Chelsea have lots to do, Jose is a bottler. I think it’s a shoot out between us and Liverpool for second and it depends how deep they go in the Champions League...

• Haha 1

Considering the likes of Spurs, Everton and Chelsea have been dropping points lately, its possible but would require some luck in avoiding further injuries to  Vardy, Ndidi, Youri, Madders & Barnes where we don't have much in terms of cover. The addition of the FA Cup and Europa League fixtures just might be too much for the squad without more injuries and fatigue kicking in.

Another top 6 finish is likely and top 4 is a  outside possibility. 

Edited by turlo
typo
  • Like 1

Seeing our injury list starting to grow and with Vardy finally becoming suspect in that department too after all these years at the top for us then I personally fear a repeat of last season - falling away from the top 4 right at the death again .. if not before then...and especially if we continue to take the Europa League and FA Cup seriously. if we're still in one or both competitions in the latter stages. Of course all would not be lost if we did win the Europa League as I think that would then qualify us for CL football the following season - but it would obviously mean winning it! 

• Like 2

As much as it was disappointing last year to drop out of the top four, it was still a great accomplishment to hit the top 6.  To start to do that consistently is what will help us grow in the long term.  I still dream of top four, but we should not underestimate what an accomplishment it has been to consistently start to challenge the top 6.  Consistency is key to progress for the future!

Fulham (A)

Wolves (A)

Liverpool (H)

Aston Villa (A)

Arsenal (H)

Brighton (A)

Sheff U (H)

Burnley (H)

Man City (H)

West Ham (H)

West Brom (H)

Crystal Palace (A)

Southampton (A)

Newcastle (H)

Man U (A)

Chelsea (A)

Spurs (H)

I think we’ll be 5th or 6th. 

The intense number of games and the fact and lack of squad depth will impact us. 

We don’t have the cushion that we had last year. I still question the mentality of this team but we do have a collapse (bizarrely at home) against a team we should beat on paper. 

Time will tell on this one.

17 minutes ago, Sly said:

Fulham (A)

Wolves (A)

Liverpool (H)

Aston Villa (A)

Arsenal (H)

Brighton (A)

Sheff U (H)

Burnley (H)

Man City (H)

West Ham (H)

West Brom (H)

Crystal Palace (A)

Southampton (A)

Newcastle (H)

Man U (A)

Chelsea (A)

Spurs (H)

I think we’ll be 5th or 6th. 

The intense number of games and the fact and lack of squad depth will impact us. 

We don’t have the cushion that we had last year. I still question the mentality of this team but we do have a collapse (bizarrely at home) against a team we should beat on paper. 

Time will tell on this one.

maureen's last game... again

I think we are too inconsistent for top 4 but the even worrying thing is the chasing pack is so tight that if we missed out then it would be a real shootout between 5/6/7/8 place and could very easily miss out all together.

Edited by les-tah