Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
King of Gipsy Lane

Will we finish in the Top 4

Will we finish in top 4 ?   

568 members have voted

1. 1. Top 4 finish for the City ?

I’m going for yes, we totally blown up today and it was awful but we were on a run beforehand. A couple of changes needed though, Maddison off set pieces and Perez not in the team.

Beat a poor Fulham side and off form wolves who are far worse than us then things look good. Get Vardy and Ndidi back in ASAP 

• Like 1

Given how close it is I think we will be one of 2 out of 3/4 teams that are in the running for 3rd/4th place at the end of the season. If Liverpool can rock up to West Ham with that team today and win 3-1 then they have 2nd place locked down.

We're capable of putting a string of 3 or 4 wins together no problem, so we should be there or there abouts at the end of the season. If we manage to keep a fit squad for the majority of the season, then there's no reason we can't keep this up.

1 minute ago, Crocyfox79 said:

Yh Chelsea changed there manager ?

Chelsea even though are below us, are fishing in a different pond to us.  To have that team down near tenth was criminal really.  Plus, Lampard did nothing to get that job and was exposed for what he was, an amateur learning his trade.

Edited by kristianity77

No I don’t think we will but it shouldn’t be compared to last season. It won’t be a meltdown if we don’t make it this year because it’s generally a lot tighter and I think personally we haven’t been as good this season compared to up to Christmas last season. We completely blew it last season and 5th felt like a shite trade off, 5th this year would be consolidating that and not many clubs of our size consolidate European football in back to back seasons. Look at Wolves. 

Another year in Europe and a good transfer window and then we can look at how we can start trying to break the top 4 again. 

• Like 1

I had us down for 8th at the beginning of the season, I still feel that a top 6 place and a good run in the cups will be a very good season.  I'm still hoping for a top 4, but I just feel that this team when it needs to take the next step, just can't handle it.  They have the talent to do it but I never feel confident that they will just go that extra mile!

17 games to go.  11 wins and a couple of draws would give us 74 points which will easily be good enough for top 4.  We simply have to turn up and beat the current bottom 8 though.  Our games against Villa, West Ham, Chelsea and Spurs, as it stands are massive, especially as two of them are our final two games.

Concentrate on the Europa imo.

My heart says yes, but my head forced me to vote no. For the second year in a row, unless something dramatic happens in the next 24 hours, we'll have missed the opportunity to strengthen in January and capitalize on another excellent start. It cost us last year and it will again. I don't want to be too accusatory as our current owners have taken us to unprecedented heights of success, but I am beginning to think that a lack of funding is undermining our ability to match our stated ambition to take the next step.  

• Like 1

Fifth again. 

Not able to be consistent and it's not good enough. 

Losing at home to likes of Leeds, Villa, Everton, Fulham and West Ham is so poor. 

Players seemingly love to believe in their own hype every time we get going on a run. Hopefully it's a kick up the arse again.

• Like 1