Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
420Hashish

Wolves (A) Pre Match Thread

26 minutes ago, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

I’m old fashioned. If Vardy ain’t fit enough to play 90 minutes then he shouldn’t be on the bench.

If he is fit enough to play 90 minutes then obviously he should start.

The Arsenal game earlier in the season showed that's a fallacy though.

He was only fit enough for half an hour or so and he won us the game in that half hour.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

I’m old fashioned. If Vardy ain’t fit enough to play 90 minutes then he shouldn’t be on the bench.

Correct.   Many many years ago ..  but in the modern high tempo game that isn’t the case anymore ...  

Old fashioned idea  ...    :)

1 hour ago, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

I don't really understand this. If he's fit enough to play 80 mins, you wouldn't even put him on the bench?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Would like to see Kel start,give him a confidence boost, and then get Vardy on about 60 mins only if required and he needs a run out

Agree with this for Kel's confidence.

Would also be a bonus if we could do wolves without him and ndidi and rest them both for the cup as well, giving them another whole week.

But still scary for this game. Horrible games against these.

Screenshot_2021-02-06-18-10-09-60_955f68c4df44ad6a86e46b05cf65099a.thumb.jpg.98f9d1ff76eb74cd88754fc3c5bbba10.jpg

And that doesn't even go as far back as the really nasty 4-3 loss after being 3-0 up.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

Would also be a bonus if we could do wolves without him and ndidi and rest them both for the cup as well, giving them another whole week.

Screenshot_2021-02-06-18-10-09-60_955f68c4df44ad6a86e46b05cf65099a.thumb.jpg.98f9d1ff76eb74cd88754fc3c5bbba10.jpg

And that doesn't even go as far back as the really nasty 4-3 loss after being 3-0 up.

You're not the first, but can we please stop mentioning that match. I'm trying my best to erase it from my mind.

33 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

.....that was live on TV if I remember and their manager was going berserk on the touchline!!!

I still believe their are LCFC supporters still traumatised by that game. If we are 4 -0 up with 5 minutes to go there is still an apprehension of something is going to go wrong!!

2 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

Old fashioned stuff should not be knocked. My Bakelite light switches, plug sockets and door handles are sound.  

Whereas my Formica work surfaces are showing signs of wear and tear and most of my artex ceilings need the grease and cobwebs removing 

6 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.....that was live on TV if I remember and their manager was going berserk on the touchline!!!

I still believe their are LCFC supporters still traumatised by that game. If we are 4 -0 up with 5 minutes to go there is still an apprehension of something is going to go wrong!!

I am traumatised. I had cov fan mates at their match and they rang me at full time cos they didn't believe it.

When I told them to eff off and hung up, they knew it was real!

27 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

You're not the first, but can we please stop mentioning that match. I'm trying my best to erase it from my mind.

I though that they were referring to that but as far as I can tell, I am the first cos there's another 4-3 in there, but I barely remember that one.

• Haha 1

Guest Manley Farrington-Brown
2 hours ago, Raw Dykes said:

I don't really understand this. If he's fit enough to play 80 mins, you wouldn't even put him on the bench?

Nah. If you’re fit, you’re fit.

If you’re not, you’re not.

(I did say I was old-fashioned...)

Another domino tumbles at Fulham. I'm already warming my car for the 300 plus mile journey to Mike Dean's house as I've been selected by the PL to perform the kneecapping . I might (I hope) develop a shaky hand resulting in a castration, or at least a double knee capping.

Brendan, Wolves are not just TNM and therefore most important , they are now far more important than that. We must get 3 points . We've let the Manchesters and L'pool off too often. If you want to check your selections with me I'll be back about 7.30 am tomorrow morning. I'd hate to develop a shaky hand near an LCFC manager.

Edited by Alan Frost