Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
420Hashish

Wolves (A) Pre Match Thread

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Just had a look at the weather forecast for Prague .... somewhere around -10c with snow around........ could be that the boys don’t fancy that and Saturday games will come earlier than we expect ! 

The more I read about Slavia - the more I fear a shock, they are absolutely flying 

• Sad 2

39 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

It's my birthday, today.

But, am hoping for a big loss (had to say it, sorry, as apparently if hoping for a win it'll lead to disappointment..:whistle: ).

Happy birthday!

This is must win. The title is a very long shot, with Man City playing how they are.

But this season is a real opportunity to declare ourselves as a proper top 6 club.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

The more I read about Slavia - the more I fear a shock, they are absolutely flying 

I warned people when fans were gloating over what an easy draw it was.  They're a very dangerous side.

I don't understand how somebody can be healthy enough to play for 30 minutes but not 60 or 90.  Really makes no sense.  I mean, maybe if there weren't numerous recent examples of our players aggravating injuries after getting tossed in at the first possible opportunity, I could see giving the benefit of the doubt.  But, that's decidedly not the case.  IMO if Vardy (or any player) isn't fit to start, he shouldn't be in the squad.  And tbh whenever they think he is fit to start, I'd wait another 1-2 games after that.  

That said, it's part of the difference in how injuries are dealt with and talked about in European football compared to American sports, so I've learned to scratch my head and move on.  Nobody will be as happy as me when he comes on and scores a hat trick of pens in the last 20 minutes.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Bats8711 said:

I don't understand how somebody can be healthy enough to play for 30 minutes but not 60 or 90.  Really makes no sense.  I mean, maybe if there weren't numerous recent examples of our players aggravating injuries after getting tossed in at the first possible opportunity, I could see giving the benefit of the doubt.  But, that's decidedly not the case.  IMO if Vardy (or any player) isn't fit to start, he shouldn't be in the squad.  And tbh whenever they think he is fit to start, I'd wait another 1-2 games after that.  

That said, it's part of the difference in how injuries are dealt with and talked about in European football compared to American sports, so I've learned to scratch my head and move on.  Nobody will be as happy as me when he comes on and scores a hat trick of pens in the last 20 minutes.

I’m healthy enough right now to play 10-15 at Premier League pace but maybe not any more than that. I would need to wear leggings though under my shorts and maybe some glove liners beneath my goalkeeping gloves as well.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bats8711 said:

It’s the same thing as a hockey team limiting the number of shifts, a basketball limiting the number of minutes, an NFL team limiting the number of snaps, or a baseball team with a strict pitch count for a player coming back from injury. 

10 hours ago, Ashley said:

IF we win tomorrow it will be a massive result. 

Should we win. 

6 clear of West Ham, 8 clear of Everton and 10 clear of Villa. I'd go as far as saying Man Utd bottle the top 4 too. Chelsea nick fourth. 

I hope you're right but I'm not sure about this.

The 'big clubs' have a knack of somehow managing to rise towards the top even when they have been under performing. Arsenal are a recent example, although they have now hit another blip.

One game at a time for me but like you say, beating Wolves would be a massive result.

If we are looking forward, what is more massive for us would be to win or not lose the Liverpool game next week and also our matches against Man U, Chelsea and Spurs at the end of the season.

• Like 1

Chance to make a big statement today. Others around either playing each other or have already dropped points. Can we take it? We've been here before and it is almost like the pressure gets to them and we bottle it. Really hope that isn't the case this afternoon.

Really not confident of any points now. With Podence out that likely screws our chances of playing 4-2-3-1. 

If he doesn't go back to safety first with a back 5 then it'll be a 4-3-3 with a flat midfield and isolated wide players, which hasn't worked out well recently. 

Just now, The Bear said:

Really not confident of any points now. With Podence out that likely screws our chances of playing 4-2-3-1. 

If he doesn't go back to safety first with a back 5 then it'll be a 4-3-3 with a flat midfield and isolated wide players, which hasn't worked out well recently. 

I'd like to apologise in advance for the attitude you receive from a (hopefully small) % of us today. 

I also hope you're correct...

• Like 1

Just now, HighPeakFox said:

I'd like to apologise in advance for the attitude you receive from a (hopefully small) % of us today. 

I also hope you're correct...

Ach. I know I'm gonna get shit if we lose, which considering both our recent results was more likely than not any way. 

I'll be staying off here until full time once the match is underway. If you get another VAR decision in your favour against us, I won't be back on until Monday!

3 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Ach. I know I'm gonna get shit if we lose, which considering both our recent results was more likely than not any way. 

I'll be staying off here until full time once the match is underway. If you get another VAR decision in your favour against us, I won't be back on until Monday!

You'll also get shit (from some) if you win or draw.

Let's hope for a good game. COYB.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Likewise, once the game is underway I'll be putting my energy into willing things our way. Our match threads can be... um... full of personality.

9 hours ago, Wymsey said:

It's my birthday, today.

But, am hoping for a big loss (had to say it, sorry, as apparently if hoping for a win it'll lead to disappointment..:whistle: ).

I don't know your age but Vardy will score your age  divided by 15. You heard it here first. Round up or down accordingly with the usual decimal law. 

We are an intriguing watch at the moment.  Some of our football is brilliant.  Everton were lucky to get a point of us.  It was underwhelming watching us v Leeds.  Fulham, we were generally pretty good.  

Is Vardy starting?  If he is, is it wise?  Is Perreira fit enough to start a other game so soon after the last one?  Will I be able to cope emotionally each time we concede a corner?  Wil, Cenghis play, if he does will he show what we all hope he can do?

What will Wolves bring?  They were sterile in the first half last ti e we played them.  Is their new striker any good?

I am looking forward to it with the trepidation  that I have signed up to by being a Leicester fan.