Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
420Hashish

Wolves (A) Pre Match Thread

13 minutes ago, murphy said:

My first thought after reading Nuno's comments was covid.  He sounded very glum.

I suppose a postponement would give Wilf and Vardy a bit longer recovery time.

I thought this aswell however I thought it’s announced when premier league footballers have COVID.

• Like 1

Hope Under plays because neither Albrighton or Perez really have the pace to go beyond Iheanacho often enough. If the concern is that he doesn't track back enough then it's less important against a side that plays with a five at the back.

• Like 2

Kasper 

Ricardo - Evans - Soyuncu - Justin

Mendy - Tielemans

Albrighton - Maddison - Barnes

Vardy

The team almost picks itself like that. Resigned to Under not starting until probably against Slavia Prague. Iheanacho did well on Wednesday but Vardy has to play if he's fit. Has to start at least and hopefully Iheanacho, if he comes on, can play like he did against Fulham. Wolves are much better opposition than Fulham and will obviously be on a high after the win over Arsenal.

Ricardo back for us is such a big bonus. Comfortable on Wednesday and excited to see him again. Fancy him for a goal...

If Ndidi is fit then he obviously starts over Mendy. Here's hoping Youri and Maddison can continue their good form. Expect Barnes to have more success in being direct and on the ball than Wednesday. Fulham's defensive style restricted him and he was marked out of most of the game. 

6 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

I think I'd start Kel in this. Deserves it off the last game, and I don't want to risk rushing Vardy back. Bring Vardy on for the last 20 or 30 if we need a goal.

Don't want to rush Ndidi back, either. Not really sure which of Hamza or Mendy I'd pick in his place. Hamza did alright against Fulham, but Mendy is the better player. I think Mendy might be more suited to this game.

I think I'd probably put Albrighton back in, but won't be shocked to see Ayoze again.

Kasper

Ricardo   Evans   Soyuncu   JJ

Mendy   Youri

Albrighton  Maddison   Barnes

Nacho

Subs: Ward, Amartey, Fuchs, Thomas, Ndidi (Leshabela if Wilf's not ready), Hamza, Under, Perez, Vardy

Yup, this line up makes the most sense to me. As with others, I'd love to see Ünder play but Albrighton is in good form. Kelechi has earned his start and gives us Vardy off the bench to do damage if necessary.

• Like 1