Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
420Hashish

Wolves (A) Pre Match Thread

9 hours ago, OllieLodge96 said:

Last night was an assured and professional performance. The result was far more important than the performance last night. Wolves is a different proposition but I would keep it unchanged with perhaps Thomas for Ricky P if we want to make sure we don't overwork him.

I like Thomas but wouldn't be inclined to 'gamble' with him squaring up against Traore... :ph34r:

Edited by NaijaFox
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Just keep feeding the ball Harvey v Semedo

13 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Recently Wolves have shifted to a 4 at the back so it will be interesting to see if they keep that system against us. If they do, having Harvey Barnes up against Nelson Semedo is a tantalising prospect. I also think that Moutinho despite being a class player on his day these days doesn't have the legs and Tielemans will dictate the middle if they are only playing him and Neves in the middle of the park. For that reason I think they will change their system back to a 343 against us, and I could see us modify our formation during the game like we have done a few times during the season already if they do so and it's not going our way. That said 4141 with Soyuncu, Ricardo, Tielemans, Maddison, Barnes, Vardy, Ndidi can beat anyone if they turn up. 

13 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Win this and we're back on track. Agree we should be targeting Semedo, absolute garbage. 

I guess I might the only one who doesn't think Semedo is such a mug.

Since he's settled into the pace of the EPL, he's been one of their best defenders - and he can rapid too.

I think it will be a rather interesting matchup either way.

But ultimately, having to deal with both Barnes and Justin with little defensive support by Traore might overwhelm Traore.

On 03/02/2021 at 21:04, Bert said:

Wolves love to park their bus against us. Expect the same on Sunday. 

...worringly the will just pick us off on the counter!!!

WE do seem wide open for this and any sensible manager will set up to play us from deep. The Leeds game was errors losing the ball and they moved the ball well and opened us up. If Vardy is on the bench that would mean we only have Harvey with genuine pace up front and this will need Ünder to play in order to get behind their defence or attempt to stretch the play.

I have a vision of a very disjointed game, perhaps match them up and attempt to beat them with our quality, otherwise we play right into their hands.

15 hours ago, twister said:

their a funny team beat arsenal twice, 4 points of chelsea yet were awful at palace

their basically like a sporting lisbon x1 planted in the west midlands.Their niggly and competitive but their coach is a decent bloke

I expect both teams to pretty much with the same 11's except I think they might go with Hoever for Kilman.

So they can clean up?

15 hours ago, twister said:

their a funny team beat arsenal twice, 4 points of chelsea yet were awful at palace

their basically like a sporting lisbon x1 planted in the west midlands.Their niggly and competitive but their coach is a decent bloke

I expect both teams to pretty much with the same 11's except I think they might go with Hoever for Kilman.

Hoever at RB and Semedo at LB is a distinct possibility. That happened in the 2nd half against Chelsea. 

8 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...worringly the will just pick us off on the counter!!!

WE do seem wide open for this and any sensible manager will set up to play us from deep. The Leeds game was errors losing the ball and they moved the ball well and opened us up. If Vardy is on the bench that would mean we only have Harvey with genuine pace up front and this will need Ünder to play in order to get behind their defence or attempt to stretch the play.

I have a vision of a very disjointed game, perhaps match them up and attempt to beat them with our quality, otherwise we play right into their hands.

Wouldn’t worry about having pace up front when Wolves sit as deep as they do.

Personally I'd start with Vardy on the bench and see where we are after 55/60 mins, and hopefully won't need him... try and prolong his R&R as he's had an op. Same could be said for Ndidi, but I think he'll be needed more

So I'd swap out Hamza and Perez for Ndidi and Albrighton for this one personally

Hoping, if he starts, Kelechi will give another performance like he did against Fulham. Yes they were poor, but his work rate was impressive 

Be a tough, tight game, but pretty confident we can come away with the 3 points needed in either a 2-1 or 2-0

• Like 1

Without doubt the most hideous team in the league and I say that with a lot of respect. Hate playing against them, their system is just so difficult to break down. Without Jiminez and Jota they've been nowhere near as dangerous up top but the way they tend to go about their business is begrudgingly admirable. I was astonished to see we are 16 points ahead of them after little more than half a season but this will be another very tough game.

I've jokingly said that Nuno will be sacked soon and most managers would given their slump but this will be a turgid affair and I think Maddison has to be our star man if we are to win this. We'll not get much in behind for Barnes or Vardy when he comes on so its going to rely on Maddison and Tielemans to unearth something in front of their defence. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, The Bear said:

We've not been anywhere near as solid defensively as last season. Injuries have played a small part (mainly Jonny at LB), but the switching between 4 and 5 at the back has had the most effect. 

What did you make of William Jose's debut? Seemed to give you a bit more presence up front. The Arsenal game was a hard one to judge you in to be honest, bizarre game 

9 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

What did you make of William Jose's debut? Seemed to give you a bit more presence up front. The Arsenal game was a hard one to judge you in to be honest, bizarre game 

He's a physical presence and a focal point we've been missing without Jimenez. It was a good run for the penalty and that changed the game in our favour. 

He's got a surprisingly good touch for a big man, and his hold up play and first time passes are pretty good. 

He has to show he can score goals and get on the end of crosses (which his career stats say he should do), but it's a promising start I'd say. 

10 hours ago, NaijaFox said:

I like Thomas but wouldn't be inclined to 'gamble' with him squaring up against Traore... :ph34r:

It's a dilemma.  Perreira should be rested.  Justin should match up with Traore.

I would prefer Fuchs v Traore than Thomas for his nous.  Perhaps Albrighton to start ahead of him, resting Barnes and Under providing the dynamism on the other side.