Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Wolves 0-0 LCFC - Post Match Thread

Right result, they had plenty of threat down the sides. We never quite clicked into gear. Perez was not the disaster some are trying to make out - it's as if the cognitive bias is too great for some. And while it wasn't great, there was no lack of bottle in that performance. The lack of bottle belongs to certain members of our fanbase, I'm afraid.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Iheanacho was alright. The incredible excess of chances Perez is given by Rodgers sometimes boggles the mind. Harsh on Under to see Perez continue to put in mediocre performances.

Iheanacho did some really good work getting Barnes in the game and now teed up Maddison twice for shots at goal. 

Complwtely agree on Perez - lost the ball a couple of times in absolutely shocking places. The free kick on the edge of the box (Hamza handball) came from him trying some silly pass into the centre of the pitch 

• Like 1

Our defending from corners is still a concern, but not losing and a clean sheet at a side designed to suck the life out of every game not the end of the world.

Ricardo had one or two moments that suggested confidence in his body is coming back and Hamza was largely fine. 

Was surprised Under wasn't given ten minutes or so for Barnes.

I think our cup side midweek is going to look considerably different because we're not looking too fresh at the moment.

• Like 1

Disappointed, but then also get the feeling that might be an important point come the end of the season. You take four points from games against Wolves in a season.

Thought we were average and the decision making in the final third a bit off, but Wolves still only had one shot on target which was presumably the brilliant save by Kasper. 

My takeaways:

- Wolves are Portuguese Stoke

- Fabio Silva is curly haired Postman Pat

- Traore should play rugby for Spain because he’s shite at football

If we were in flowing form we’d have smashed them.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

They do well against teams that try to beat them. Against teams that also play a low block, they have big trouble. It's a bit like us post title win, for the next few seasons, teams turned up at the KP and parked the bus and we couldn't get through. They are in the "Puel" phase of their club, only they aren't as brave to completely change their style of football. Though to be fair losing Doherty, Jota and Jimenez injured is a tough break.

For me the next stage of our club improving (if we can improve any further) is to be a team that can convincingly beat Wolves playing a proactive game. Any team that can do that is a serious title contending team IMO, they are a very good barometer for "how good a team are you actually?"

Yea they’re still yet to go through that transitional phase, if they even chose to change their style.

Every game against wolves is boring as hell, my eyes were actually closing some a couple of times!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Terrible game, but fair result because we certainly didn`t do enough to deserve to win it.   I wouldn`t have played Perez personally.

After being appalling against Leeds, i didnt think he done anywhere near enough at Fulham to warrent keeping his place in the side ahead of Albrighton or Under for todays game, and i didn`t think he offered us anything again today.

As for Under, he must have known before kick off that he was unlikely to come on, because once he started with Perez, Rodgers was always going to bring on Albrighton ahead of Under.

More to the point, if he cant get ahead of Perez in the pecking order, he might as well pack his bags and go back to Rome now.

Always thought it'd be a tight match. They pressed well and packed the midfield/defence, no complaints.

The Traore is a donkey in 19 out of 20 matches, today he chose to do well. I was glad we didn't have anyone sent off.

Always good to draw if you can't win. We didn't do that last season or at the start of this season.

It's that difference which gives me top 4 confidence.

To be honest you could call 0-0 within 5 mins of that game.

It's Wolves at the end of the day, I don't particularly understand the point of them anymore, they offer nothing to the league, even Newcastle have the odd interesting game every now and again. Week in week out, Wolves bore more to tears. They're the argument for going back to 5 televised games a week max post lockdown.

Fair result but a lost opportunity. We really need to start winning games where we can put pressure on other teams by gaining points when they don't. We will finish anywhere between 3rd and 8th but days like today pile on the pressure for the so-called more difficult games ahead.

4 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

Horrible match for the neutral.

Not a great performance by us, but don't think we deserved to lose. Could have nicked it at the end. Yet again, we fail to capitalise when teams around us drop points. Oh, well. It's another point on the board.

Looking forward to having Wilf back soon.

It was a strange game where I don't think any result would have been a surprise or either team could have felt hard done by if either had won it.

Ultimately a 0-0 was the right result and summed the game up.

• Like 2

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Anyone else think that Vardy chance wasn't that gilt edged? Maybe its just the track record of Vardy attacking those sorts of crosses with his head over the years bit I don't think it was easy. Really wish he had put it away though!!!!

Yes. Headed chances are harder. He’s had to make the most of the cross, doing really well to catch it come back post to centre and then he has to turn his head at a tough angle. 

Can't complain at all about the result. A match which needed us to be solid at the cost of being creative, Justin the epitome of this. I thought Choudhury was excellent. Incredibly we managed to get Evans through the whole second half when it looked a certainty he would be hooked at half time. Not happy that Wolves wasted an age at the start of added time that should have given us time for the free kick at the end when we'd just started to look threatening.

Can't believe we didn't score today. 4 or 5 good chances wasted or blocked. Silva being the main culprit. Schmeichel got a toe on it but he shouldn't have been given a chance. 

Ultimately a draw is probably a fair result over the 90 mins, with both goalkeepers barely having a save to make, and I'll take a point against a  team in the top four. 

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

Right result, they had plenty of threat down the sides. We never quite clicked into gear. Perez was not the disaster some are trying to make out - it's as if the cognitive bias is too great for some. And while it wasn't great, there was no lack of bottle in that performance. The lack of bottle belongs to certain members of our fanbase, I'm afraid.

I think Perez was the problem, he literally offers nothing down that right side, and it created a lot of pressure on Ricardo, who was trying to defend and create attacks, Albrighton or Under would of been a much better choice.

Typically awful game against Wolves. It's such a bad match up honestly. It's built for a 0-0.

I worry if Chelsea win later things will swing their way a bit for top 4. This is a tough month for us.

Feel it's a bit of an opportunity missed really. We created very little, could quite easily have lost that.

Bit disappointing on the whole really.

• Like 1