Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

Liverpool (H) Pre Match Thread

2 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

That's likely our best team at this point (Thomas or Fuchs is debatable - Christian is really a left-sided CB at this stage of his career) but you know there's not a chance in hell it'll happen.  Brendo would start Albrighton or wheel Perez out there on a gurney before he'd start Under against Liverpool.

Good point about Fuchs - he gives us the option to play 3 at the back with Ricardo and Thomas as wing backs. Either way he’s almost certain to play Albrighton instead of Under just for the experience and work rate needed, even though Under worked quite hard with VDC last night IMO. 

Without wanting to put to fine a point on it, some of last years decisions towards Man U, coupled with other strange decisions against the 'smaller' clubs near the top (notably Sheffield Utd) in the last quarter of the season make me nervous. Liverpool are genuinely faltering, and that doesn't suit the money men who will have loved their resurgence in the last 2 seasons. I genuinely hope we have a match won (by whomever) without controversy.

We've got a chance in this one if we don't timidly stand back in awe, as we have done against them more often than not in recent times.

Hope Wilf is 100% fit for this one. He'll be key if we're going to prevail.

• Like 1

I’d go with:

Schmeichel

Amartey

Evans

Soyuncu

Ricardo

Ndidi

Tielemans

Choudhury

Maddison

Vardy

Barnes

We have to play 3 in the middle against these, they always overrun us in midfield. Omitted Albrighton simply because we need to be clinical when we do have it and those three are by far our best attackers. 

Back 4 is a bit patched up but playing with a 3/5 will invite pressure at that’s the best 4 we have available imo 

7 hours ago, peach0000 said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see armartey at right back and Ricardo at left back for this. Although personally I would just bring Thomas in.

I would not play Thomas he offered nothing last night has a wing back like pèrez just did not offer anything sorry if this upsets some of you but my opinion from last night

Edited by lcfc cowboys

10 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

I’m dreading this, backlash from Sunday, wanting to win for klopp after his mum died, our defensive injuries. Long 90 minutes in store! Having said that if we score the first goal we will win!

His Mum died in mid January tbf. They've had plenty of games since.

Assuming JJ not going to be fit I would go with Fuchs in a back four with Evans, cages and Ricky P. Albrighton back for this one as even if Perez ok he had a poor game last night and we are going to need Marc’s work rate in this one.

hence,

Kasper

RP JE Cags Fuchs

Wilf Youri

MA               Barnes

Maddison

JV

• Like 1

A win here would be immense, but I don't like our chances, despite Liverpool's form. I just want to see us start the game well and not show them too much respect as usual.

JJ is a huge loss, especially with Castagne already missing. It probably means Brendan will go 3 at the back, which I don't want to see.

What I predict:

Kasper

Amartey    Evans     Cags

Ricardo    Ndidi   Tielemans   Albrighton

Maddison            Barnes

Vardy

Subs: Ward, Fuchs, Thomas, Daley-Campbell, Mendy, Hamza, Tavares, Under, Nacho

What I'd prefer:

Kasper

Ricardo  Evans  Cags  Thomas

Ndidi   Tielemans

Albrighton  Maddison  Barnes

Vardy

Subs: Ward, Amartey, Fuchs, Daley-Campbell, Mendy, Hamza, Tavares, Under, Nacho

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

Really? I heard it was yesterday, or that when it came public? 

Germany has banned many travellers from countries including the UK from entering to help prevent the spread of coronavirus’ new variants. The Liverpool manager’s mother passed away aged 81 on January 19 and the funeral was held on Tuesday.  

3 hours ago, lcfc cowboys said:

I would not play Thomas he offered nothing last night has a wing back like pèrez just did not offer anything sorry if this upsets some of you but my opinion from last night

What is your solution then. We have one senior full back fit in Ricardo. Who else plays?

1 hour ago, Stevosevic said:

Germany has banned many travellers from countries including the UK from entering to help prevent the spread of coronavirus’ new variants. The Liverpool manager’s mother passed away aged 81 on January 19 and the funeral was held on Tuesday.  

Got ya that’s why it was in the news yesterday then 

3 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Just once Leicester please let us beat these. We've seen the blueprint on how to beat them by the likes of Burnley, Brighton and Villa so no reason we can't do it

I don't even think I'll be especially bothered if we don't win as long as we actually give them a game for a change and don't just meekly accept defeat

• Like 1

4 hours ago, urban fox said:

Assuming JJ not going to be fit I would go with Fuchs in a back four with Evans, cages and Ricky P. Albrighton back for this one as even if Perez ok he had a poor game last night and we are going to need Marc’s work rate in this one.

hence,

Kasper

RP JE Cags Fuchs

Wilf Youri

MA               Barnes

Maddison

JV

Out the potential available players, that would be my team too.

3 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Just once Leicester please let us beat these. We've seen the blueprint on how to beat them by the likes of Burnley, Brighton and Villa so no reason we can't

There's one reason. We move the Ball too slowly at times up the pitch with everything going thru Youri. We need to find the spaces in between their defense as they're physically stronger than us.

To do that we're going to have to counter quicker if that means a few long Balls to the forward players.