Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

Liverpool (H) Pre Match Thread

17 hours ago, filbertway said:

We have a mental block against these and we'll roll over again as we've done every time, it's not worth getting your hopes up. Even though they've lost to Burnley, Brighton and been smashed 4-1 by Man City. We'll treat them like they're playing 5 leagues above us and it'll be brutal. Just accept we're gonna get battered and look to the next game.

I'd definitely prioritise a stronger squad against Brighton.

Agree with every word. Dunno WHY we roll over against these. We just do.

4 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

...more games, more chance, it ain’t rocket science mate

Exactly right!!..

What a ridiculous thing to say..

We lost Praet for 3 months because he was injured in an FA Cup tie against Stoke!!..

Bad Hamstring injury which are commonly caused by lack of rest between games...

... do we play Tielemans or Maddison against Brighton and then honestly expect them to play at their highest levels on Saturday against Liverpool?.. that's 3 games in 6 days!! It's just asking for trouble with picking up a serious injury and missing the rest of the season.

Why can't people see sense and realise the FA Cup is not important this season...

As you rightly say, it's not Rocket science.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Yeah or that mate. 

Fofana was caught in two minds. It was quite clear we had told him to mark or keep a close eye on Mane. 

Albrighton then to concentrate on the oncoming Robertson. Which he was sold a dummy and the second goal came. I suppose it didn't help with the shouts of "be aggressive be aggressive" from Kasper but Jesus christ that was schoolboy defending. 

@StriderHiryu you got anything tactic wise from that game? 

Like I said above we need to adopt a 442 out of position and be ready to transition quickly. 

I agree with don_danbury, they weren't anything special but we were garbage. We couldn't pass our way out of a paper bag in that game, Albrighton had comfortably his worst game of the season, etc.

The "blueprint" for beating Liverpool this season is to play a deep block and make them come onto you, but given we are at home and they are in poor form we will probably try to take the game to them. We are capable of beating them, but our recent record against them is so poor I don't see it happening. The times we've beaten them, it's been helped by having a raucous crowd behind the team and having some to play for / something to prove. 

Hopefully Tielemans, Maddison, Ricardo all turn up, as that would make for a very interesting game. But it's not happened against them yet.  

• Like 1

I find it strange that everyone was raving about Liverpool's football in winning the league and yet they play a long game. It's great to watch but not what the purists preach.

As for Saturday's game this is a great time to play them as they're obviously rattled with recent results.

If we're going to have any chance of beating them we're going to have to move the ball quicker and try and get in behind them. The best way to do this is invite them on to us and strike quickly.

That's pretty much the way Pool play anyway but they have the more mobile players. So it's not going to be easy.

This is a game made for Cenzi I feel with his pace and skill, even if we have to indulge him a little. I'd instruct him to stay up out wide with Vardy to occupy Robinson and stop him marauding forward.

It makes for a great game provided we're adequately rested which is why I wouldn't play our best team in the Cup game against Brighton.

On 08/02/2021 at 19:58, filbertway said:

We have a mental block against these and we'll roll over again as we've done every time, it's not worth getting your hopes up. Even though they've lost to Burnley, Brighton and been smashed 4-1 by Man City. We'll treat them like they're playing 5 leagues above us and it'll be brutal. Just accept we're gonna get battered and look to the next game.

I'd definitely prioritise a stronger squad against Brighton.

On 08/02/2021 at 20:35, Manini said:

Winning trophies is what we’re all here for, surely?! We’ve been incredibly lucky to see our club win more than it’s fair share and the reason we’re still here is in hope that we get to experience it again, isn’t it?

No young lad grows up getting in to football dreaming of his club increasing its global audience and financial stability to be able to compete with the media-made “top 6”.

Whilst I would  love  to win the FA Cup after going to 3 losing finals it didnt do Wigan or Portsmouth much good  whereas  playing in the champions league  could  probablly  have put  them in a much stronger position

• Haha 1

You just know they'll sort themselves out against us, they always turn up against us these days. I do think the fact they're likely to throw one of the new centre backs in for this, meaning they can stick Henderson back in midfield, combined with them having no midweek game and us having one, throws this badly against us unfortunately. 1-3.

19 hours ago, SuperMike said:

Agree with every word. Dunno WHY we roll over against these. We just do.

I think Rodgers sets us up incorrectly when we play then, more out of respect than fear. I think he looks as them as vastly superior and tries to set up not to lose, but gets it wrong. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Foxaholic ME said:

Whilst I would  love  to win the FA Cup after going to 3 losing finals it didnt do Wigan or Portsmouth much good  whereas  playing in the champions league  could  probablly  have put  them in a much stronger position

Never say never but I don’t think we are a Portsmouth or Wigan, far better run club, for me winning the FA cup and finishing 5 is as better season then finishing 4th, can you imagine in the space of 10 years, won the championship, won the premier league, win the FA cup. And throw in a league cup and europa league , Jesus  Christ  club of the decade in coming 🙏🤨

• Like 1

On 08/02/2021 at 22:50, weller54 said:

Hopefully they'll be a bit ropey on the day but we'll need to string some decent passes together.

If only we had the quality of players from a bygone era like Mike Stringfellow.

or a :worship:Derek Dougan 

On 08/02/2021 at 22:50, weller54 said:

Hopefully they'll be a bit ropey on the day but we'll need to string some decent passes together.

If only we had the quality of players from a bygone era like Mike Stringfellow.

J

Just seen this yet another Referee the Reds don’t want to officiate the game I know it’s only the fans but just wondering if the club is actually thinking the same, they just need to grow the fuch up and just get on with it just like we do, what’s the bet they try get a change of ref by the weekend?

#Pathetic 

https://readliverpoolfc.com/2021/02/10/liverpool-fans-react-to-refereeing-appointments-for-leicester-clash/

Don't really care what ref we get I just think we’ll take all 3 points here best time to play them as they lost confidence, just hope whoever’s in charge on the pitch and in VAR dont fall for one of Salah’s soft cheating Dives we see more often from lately the same goes for any of their Tom Daley impersonators !!💙🦊💙🦊

Edited by justfoxes