Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

Liverpool (H) Pre Match Thread

3 hours ago, Bert said:

I can see it being 

Kasper 

Soyuncu Evans Fuchs 

Albrighton N’Didi Tielemans Ricardo

Barnes Maddison

Vardy 

I really hope not, I don't like 3 at the back against teams who are good at exploiting the channels which is pretty much all Liverpool do. Get it wide and get it in to any pocket of space. Fuchs had a poor game against them at Anfield and he'd be all over the shop again if we weren't careful. 

Liverpool are there to be picked apart but we have to execute our gameplan. The combination of Thomas and Barnes has worked well at times this season and I hope that's given a go on Saturday. 

• Like 1

I’m sure we’ll see a few things on Saturday, including defeat. The team seems to crumble when up against this lot. Weirdly, other teams have shown that if you break them up, attack them and have some heart you can beat them. 

On the other hand, if Liverpool turn up, few teams can match them. 

Tough choices for Brendan! Does he go with an inexperienced LB or an 34 year old against Salah & Trent, or go with a back 3 which Liverpool had a lot of success against last time getting in the space between our wing backs and outer centre backs last time we played.   

20 minutes ago, Shane said:

Schmeichel

Ricardo, Evans, Soyuncu, Thomas

Tielemans, Ndidi

Albrighton, Maddison, Barnes

Vardy

That’s the one for me, Thomas should be given the trust he’s here to play but also what better experience can he get that playing against Liverpool? Let’s see what he’s made of.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Shane said:

Schmeichel

Ricardo, Evans, Soyuncu, Thomas

Tielemans, Ndidi

Albrighton, Maddison, Barnes

Vardy

1 minute ago, lcfc sheff said:

That’s the one for me, Thomas should be given the trust he’s here to play but also what better experience can he get that playing against Liverpool? Let’s see what he’s made of.

Think that's a good point, if we weren't intending to give him starts or didn't trust him he'd have been loaned out in January.

Would absolutely love to see this line up.

• Like 2

Really hope we are brave if Justin is out and play Thomas at left back. It will be tough for him against Liverpool most in-form player Salah, with Alexander-Arnold also. And Barnes not known for offering much protection. 

Fear Rodgers will want to protect him though and we'll see Amartey or Fuchs in a back 3. Which imagine means Albrighton might miss out. 

7 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Really hope we are brave if Justin is out and play Thomas at left back. It will be tough for him against Liverpool most in-form player Salah, with Alexander-Arnold also. And Barnes not known for offering much protection. 

Fear Rodgers will want to protect him though and we'll see Amartey or Fuchs in a back 3. Which imagine means Albrighton might miss out. 

I think Kevin might play wing-back if it's a back 3. Ricardo on the other side. This would also allow us to switch to a back 4 without making a sub, as well.

I don't really like the back 3, but we did use it to batter Man City 5-2, so who knows?

4 hours ago, dynamark said:

We could try the lad Fuchs he is supposed to be decent or Dan Amartey or even Albrighton at RB  

Fuchs played against Arsenal and Man C probablly our 2 best performances of the season and everyone had a stinker at Liverpool so  on that basis you could leave anybody out

18 minutes ago, Foxaholic ME said:

Fuchs played against Arsenal and Man C probablly our 2 best performances of the season and everyone had a stinker at Liverpool so  on that basis you could leave anybody out

If we are intending playing a low block on Saturday on the edge of our box then that’s fine ......

Liverpool seem to be up for it when they play us.

Didn't playing three centre backs and setting up to counter attack fail miserably in the reverse fixture?

We seem to have lost fluency since the injury disruptions.  

I am a little pessimistic about this one.  Surprise me, Leicester!