Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

Liverpool (H) Pre Match Thread

Forget the top 4 chat for now please. We were 11 points clear of 5th at this stage last season and still finished outside the CL places. 

I'll be amazed if we get anything from this, although I don't think we'll concede 4 🤗

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

We have a mental block against these and we'll roll over again as we've done every time, it's not worth getting your hopes up. Even though they've lost to Burnley, Brighton and been smashed 4-1 by Man City. We'll treat them like they're playing 5 leagues above us and it'll be brutal. Just accept we're gonna get battered and look to the next game.

High block didn't work so well last season so I'm all in favour giving mental block a go

• Sad 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

Having just been spaffed on by Man City, I can’t see them losing this, they will probably spark us in all fairness. 

Probably. 

We seem to have some sort of inferiority complex against them. They've played one good game this Season and it was against us. 

We need to deploy a 442 out of formation. 

Ricardo Evans Cags JJ

Albrighton Youri Ndidi Barnes

Vardy Maddison

Vardy and Maddison start the press. Could even switch Barnes and Maddison around out of possession.

Edited by Ashley
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Reg Vardy said:

They are in the Champions League  the following Tuesday...they can’t win the Premier league so that is the only trophy they can rescue their season with...expect eight regulars ( including Milner) and three kids.....we are capable of beating them....

This will be their first full week off for ages. I think they will play a string side against us 

• Like 1

This was always going to be a tough game anyways!

Liverpool do not have the 'distraction' of a midweek FA Cup game, and all week to rest, recover and prepare for us. However, it has also been pointed out elsewhere that, with the CL now representing Liverpool's likely best prospect for a cup this season, they may rest a few of their players against us and principally concentrate on the health of their players for the CL fixture versus RB Leipzig barely 3 days after our game on the following Tuesday.

On our part, our mediocre home form continues to be a head-scratching bother, and the result of our midweek FA Cup fixture versus Brighton could have different ramifications: if we perform and win well, we could be on a high and riding on a way of confidence and good form going into the weekend fixture. Conversely, if we lose against Brighton, it could either have a demoralizing effect or a determination to get back to winning ways asap! 

Come on Yer Foxes! :scarf:

Edited by NaijaFox

47 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

This will be their first full week off for ages. I think they will play a string side against us 

Hopefully they'll be a bit ropey on the day but we'll need to string some decent passes together.

If only we had the quality of players from a bygone era like Mike Stringfellow.

3 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

I predict their two new CB’s start allowing Henderson and Fabinho back into midfield to run the show.

You just know things will start to fall into place for them by the time Saturday comes round.

14 hours ago, Ashley said:

Probably. 

We seem to have some sort of inferiority complex against them. They've played one good game this Season and it was against us. 

We need to deploy a 442 out of formation. 

Ricardo Evans Cags JJ

Albrighton Youri Ndidi Barnes

Vardy Maddison

Vardy and Maddison start the press. Could even switch Barnes and Maddison around out of possession.

Looks good to me 👍🏻

30 minutes ago, don_danbury said:

i didnt think their performance V us was that good. it was just we were so shit

Yeah or that mate. 

Fofana was caught in two minds. It was quite clear we had told him to mark or keep a close eye on Mane. 

Albrighton then to concentrate on the oncoming Robertson. Which he was sold a dummy and the second goal came. I suppose it didn't help with the shouts of "be aggressive be aggressive" from Kasper but Jesus christ that was schoolboy defending. 

@StriderHiryu you got anything tactic wise from that game? 

Like I said above we need to adopt a 442 out of position and be ready to transition quickly. 

• Like 1