Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 3-1 Liverpool - Post Match Thread

17 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

If wasnt sloppy, we let them press, took the ball off them, then  repeatidly gave the ball back..telling them   there you are...try again..

We gave them 70 minutes...In between we shown them a couple of times, how it might look by showing our Precision in hitting the cross-bar...

& Testing their GK..  Even felt sorry for Salah & gave him a goal....Vardy & Maddison asked Rodgers the time, & asked if they can start playing now...

Maddison shown his Billiard Technic, Vardy won his bet, by saying he doesn't Need any assists, he'll get .... ' by with a little help from his friend '

Then told Barnes..'go on kid, your Time has come'..

We are just a Friendly team, with a foxy-grin with a swish in our our bushy tail....

The pundit-hounddogs  After 5 years are still trying to  suss us out..!!!

we have broken into the Chicken-roosts Top 6, and spitting feathers they cant figure out ...how..!!

Proving Posession isnt  9/10s of the law.....A fox is clever & pretends to be dumb...!

Just hope BR is smart enough to mentally erase the seven minutes after we finished scoring.

Just had a peek at a LFC fan forum. Amazing how incensed they are at a dodgy VAR offside decision without recognising that VAR overturned the referee’s penalty decision, changing it to a free kick in the first place!

Accept ALL of VAR or none of it, not just the bits that benefit you. Remember the Evans tackle versus Chelsea? penalty decision overturned to a free kick outside the box...

• Like 3

1 minute ago, mydogzonfire said:

Just had a peek at a LFC fan forum. Amazing how incensed they are at a dodgy VAR offside decision without recognising that VAR overturned the referee’s penalty decision, changing it to a free kick in the first place!

Accept ALL of VAR or none of it, not just the bits that benefit you. Remember the Evans tackle versus Chelsea? penalty decision overturned to a free kick outside the box...

Let’s analyse all the decisions they got last season, guess they aren’t interested in those ones though 

2 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Hope this doesn't come across all EDL but great to see us score 3 goals all from different English lads

Not at all ... I was thinking how many EPL clubs now score 3 goals with English goal scorers? It’d be great for England ... if Southgate wasn’t in charge. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bourbon Fox said:

Having had some time to reflect with a few glasses of wine...

What a great win that is. 

Defending champions.

Goal down late in the game.

Absolutely convincing result.

Vardy back in the goals, after a bit of shaky form AND a recent operation.

Barnes now cemented as a ruthless finisher, showing real maturity.

Maddison in the best run of form we've ever seen from him.

Massive boost for morale after the terrible news about JJ.

Team showing spirit and tenacity, playing for each other and digging in. 

Clear daylight to 4th, even if it is an illusion it's a hell of a tonic right now.

These are the days, my friends. Have a look back ten or twenty years and soak up the feeling! :scarf:

This game will go down in folklore.  Just a pity none of us were there in the KP to witness it.

1 hour ago, Bourbon Fox said:

Having had some time to reflect with a few glasses of wine...

What a great win that is. 

Defending champions.

Goal down late in the game.

Absolutely convincing result.

Vardy back in the goals, after a bit of shaky form AND a recent operation.

Barnes now cemented as a ruthless finisher, showing real maturity.

Maddison in the best run of form we've ever seen from him.

Massive boost for morale after the terrible news about JJ.

Team showing spirit and tenacity, playing for each other and digging in. 

Clear daylight to 4th, even if it is an illusion it's a hell of a tonic right now.

These are the days, my friends. Have a look back ten or twenty years and soak up the feeling! :scarf:

Thank God for your line 7. I've been posting that for about 2 months. I just liked the word I'd never used "cemented" Adopts sarcastic face and duchesss tones with lips tightly sealed  .Of course you do realise he is n't a striker don't you. Adopts gruff voice " I don't feckin' care ,when he imitates one no one can tell the bloody difference."

I'd spotted your line 10 .Honest . within two minutes of sorting my BT sport stream out after 35 minutes . L'pool' (and our) body language were saying it in ten foot tall letters.for the first time in about half a dozen matches. What's more I can tell you why.

Edited by Alan Frost
Last para added
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Corky said:

What was the dodgy VAR decision?

There wasn’t anything of magnitude in all honesty. Even Maddisons free kick (with blue tinted glasses) you could argue was a penalty. In terms of controversial decisions, I doubt they’ve had as many as us!

Theyre so used to salah getting penalties for his dives, they can’t accept VAR didn’t go there way!

6 hours ago, SO1 said:

Am I seeing things? Didn't we play a similar set up at Man City. Vardy almost scored a couple of more in the 1st on the counter. Do our supporters actually watch matches. For me we executed the game plan to perfection. The only thing we didn't do was score first. And lets face it Salah's goal was class nobody was stopping that. Thought we were great from whistle to whistle.

Couldn't agree more mate. Some of fans are so braindead it's unreal. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, mydogzonfire said:

I completely agree. The offside was probably just as tight as whether it was  a penalty or free kick. If they can't accept that then we had the same right to complain that wasn't given as a penalty. I think they're just salty that their team collapsed. 

5 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

There wasn’t anything of magnitude in all honesty. Even Maddisons free kick (with blue tinted glasses) you could argue was a penalty. In terms of controversial decisions, I doubt they’ve had as many as us!

Theyre so used to salah getting penalties for his dives, they can’t accept VAR didn’t go there way!

Let's give the ref a little credit for honesty. I think he'd have liked to have given us the penalty but made the honest decision. I know we've got more than one guy with conspiracy paranoia on here but thats what it looked like to me.

Edited by Alan Frost

30 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Hilarious. Remember a few seasons back pre VAR when it hit Wes in the face and they got a pen? 

Fair comment. Spent an enjoyable half hour on the LFC forums. Never seen anything like it. After years of decisions in their favour, they are apoplectic in their criticism of VAR, referee conspiracy theories abound!!

One thing not mentioned is that I thought City were fitter than Liverpool, they definitely ran out of steam and real effort after we equalised. They say chasing the ball is more energy sapping than having the ball, but Leicester had much more in the tank than the scousers. Fair play to the fitness coaches. 

• Like 1

Well for bing kind of poor for 75 minutes, omg what final 15 minutes that was! Brendan is right... is foxes don't quit. Liverpool looked very fragille after the equalising, just took one goal undone them. So thrilled and spent the whole evening just winding up some of my Liverpool mates. 

6 hours ago, Peterorange said:

This. One team affects how the other team plays. They have quality players who dont give you a moment on the ball. They were not league champions last year by accident. But we dug in and rode the storm and actually gave them very little, and had the better chances. It took one moment of genius to actually get a goal against us. Just because we weren't pinging it around like Brazil doesn't mean we played badly. It is just a different way of playing. 

Bejasus , were it within my power you'd be a key player in the first team. Your observation outdoes at least 80 % of what is herewith written. The number may be a little low but the rest is true. It was a moment of genius especially by Firmino who had his back to goal. I really felt we were playing like 2015/ 16 from the moment I started watching.

Edited by Alan Frost
  • Like 2