Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 3-1 Liverpool - Post Match Thread

9 minutes ago, Cecchini1976 said:

Liverpool are a top team, and played well today, but looking at actual goal scoring opportunities we had them all

Look I'm as happy as anyone that we won today but I know what I watched and can admit it when fortune is on our side. I don't want Rodgers and the players to think too much into that performance. If we play like that again it's very unlikely that we would pull off a win. That being said I feel with Vardy, Maddison, Barnes and Tielemans in the squad they all have the ability to create a moment or two of magic out of nothing and win games in which we play poor. That being said we can't accept playing like we did for the first 70 minutes too often.

26 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

We've come from behind to beat Man City and Liverpool this season.

We came from behind twice to draw with Man Utd.

Making progress :appl:

We’ve come a long way from last season which is crazy considering we haven’t had much of a break 

5 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Look I'm as happy as anyone that we won today but I know what I watched and can admit it when fortune is on our side. I don't want Rodgers and the players to think too much into that performance. If we play like that again it's very unlikely that we would pull off a win. That being said I feel with Vardy, Maddison, Barnes and Tielemans in the squad they all have the ability to create a moment or two of magic out of nothing and win games in which we play poor. That being said we can't accept playing like we did for the first 70 minutes too often.

We played liked our title winning season.. soaked up the pressure and hit them on the counter 

• Like 3

Just now, urban.spaceman said:

I honestly think it's really harsh to say we were "shit" for 70 minutes today. Difficult to watch, yes, but not 'shit'. Liverpool are a formidable side - their 3 attackers on the pitch today have run us ragged for the last 2-3 years. But we held them at bay for 67 minutes. We might have got lucky early on, especially the 2 or 3 times Mane got the better of Amartey. Kasper had it covered when they hit the bar and pulled off a ridiculous point blank save (even though it was offside). We hit the bar too, and got in behind them a few times, though it mostly came to nothing.

But we weren't 'shit'. We were working. Really ****ing hard. Wilf had 19 ball retentions! And even though we went behind, we kept our heads up and took every chance that came to us. Only Allison's double save stopped it from being 4!

Can’t rep anymore ... but bang on mate. We did what we needed to and put the accelerator down when we changed to the diamond. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, sishades said:

Someone please tell me what we have just winessed!!! Simply stunning , better than the the second half v Manu Utd in 2015. Incredible 6 mins 57 seconds. unbelievable.. 

Could have been four too but if Vardy had scored his other great chance in between.

1 hour ago, peach0000 said:

Did you watch Leicester v L'pool? If so your stream has been hacked ,probably by the Russians . They can even hack sky dishes but i'll admit I'd be puzzled as to why you have been hacked. I watched motd as I'd missed I thought 35 minutes to see where l'pool were all over us. Which i'd read about on here. Did n't ever happen. (I thought I'd missed the first 35 minutes. In fact I think that was the channel timer on BT sport.) I'd only seen live from where Barnes stops abruptly right on the left wing. Totally losing his marker and allowing Vardy an Ings like chip at the L'pool goal. I never ever saw at anytime L'pool over running anything except their goalie overran one of his own defenders in fact I'd guess could have been a MF or even a STRKR, the goalie was starting to get Kasper worried. He'd come a long way presumably on an excursion ticket  . Fimino /.Salah once in a moment of genius did overrun our goal.

There's a new member on here, with I think 19 posts, I don't think he's even made the youth team yet. His post starts with the word "This" He'll tell you what was on your stream before the russkies got at it. Have a noggin it all really happened. MOTD HIGHlights pretty well started with Barnes heavy braking alluded to above. They were nearly all of guys wearing blue except for Salah/Firminos " brilliance." That wasn't fortune . that was justice. I want them to keep thinking about it and then get really clever and work out why it happened. I can I think tell them. But its important its worked out because in a few days we play again and we need 12 points from our next 4 league matches. Easy if we can play todays team, easy if we make mimimum changes. Draws at the moment are almost as bad as Losses.

Edited by Alan Frost

10 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Nah it was rubbish for about 70 minutes.

he is talking rubbish  probablly forecast a 4-0 defeat . Could have scored 4 in the first half.  On match of the day they received high praise  and perhaps you would be better off  supporting Forest although you sound as if you do

59 minutes ago, casablancas said:

Can’t rep anymore ... but bang on mate. We did what we needed to and put the accelerator down when we changed to the diamond. 

Absolutely true (and the post you are replying to). And I like to think we would have made the switch even if we hadn't gone a goal down. And Vardy had a couple of reasonable chances in the 1st half too.

Edited by trabuch

11 minutes ago, Alan Frost said:

Did you watch Leicester v L'pool? If so your stream has been hacked ,probably by the Russians . I watched motd as I'd missed I thought 35 minutes to see where l'pool were all over us. Did n't ever happen. (I thought I'd missed the first 35 minutes. In fact I think that was the channel timer on BT sport. I'd only seen live from where Barnes stops abruptly right on the left wing. Totally losing his marker and allowing Vardy an Ings like chip at the L'pool goal. I never ever saw at anytime L'pool over running anything except their goalie overran one of his own defenders in fact I'd guess could have been a MF or even a strkr, the goalie was starting to get Kasper worried. He'd come a long way presumably on an excursion ticket  . Fimino /.Salah once in a moment of genius did overrun our goal.

There's a new member on here, with I think 19 posts, I don't think he's even made the youth team yet. His post starts with the word "This" He'll tell you what was on your stream before the russkies got at it. Have a noggin it all really happened. MOTD HIGHlights pretty well started with Barnes heavy braking alluded to above. They were nearly all of guys wearing blue except for Salah/Firminos " brilliance." and it was .

I'm sorry but you've lost me. All I said is we were perhaps a little bit fortunate to win and didn't play particularly well for the majority of the game which I stand by. Liverpool really suffocated us at times with their press (Match of the Day did a bit about how their press was poor but I disagree). Our first goal was a little fortunate in the way it went straight past everyone and in (those free kicks happen occasionally but you need luck for it to happen). Then the Allison incident was fairly fortunate. Last goal was quality but by that stage Liverpools heads had gone.

All I'm asking for is a bit of perspective. This was not a complete performance despite watch MOTD may say. The team should not get complacent just because we won, they should look at the game as a whole and see where they can improve. As I say play like that again for 70 odd minutes against a team like Liverpool and we more than likely lose. It's just about constant improvement and not getting complacent.

• Like 1

I thought we did not make the same mistakes of last season at home. We looked poor sitting back but they could not play round a press unlike last year. yes they hit cross field and longer balls and got in sometimes. we had 2 good chances first half as poor as we looked. the shape change on 70 mins against a tiring side worked well. i think these last 2 seasons some fans feel entitled. we are getting good comments from a lot of pundits now. we are getting into the realms of top six as appose to big six. we are Leicester perenial division hoppers, this is the best football and sustained league position i can remember{won't put history as could be shot down] its such a shame we could not be there to enjoy and be in rapture

14 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

I'm sorry but you've lost me. All I said is we were perhaps a little bit fortunate to win and didn't play particularly well for the majority of the game which I stand by. Liverpool really suffocated us at times with their press (Match of the Day did a bit about how their press was poor but I disagree). Our first goal was a little fortunate in the way it went straight past everyone and in (those free kicks happen occasionally but you need luck for it to happen). Then the Allison incident was fairly fortunate. Last goal was quality but by that stage Liverpools heads had gone.

All I'm asking for is a bit of perspective. This was not a complete performance despite watch MOTD may say. The team should not get complacent just because we won, they should look at the game as a whole and see where they can improve. As I say play like that again for 70 odd minutes against a team like Liverpool and we more than likely lose. It's just about constant improvement and not getting complacent.

Worry not ,i think I can find you but to save me a lot of typing read the new member's post I alluded to . It'll be quicker to do that than for me to do a lot of typing. Its safer and assures you I have n't hacked your computer. Have you checked for your dish or stream being hacked.? Tell you what I'll look his post up for you tomorrow if you can't find it. Are you getting complacent? It seems to me MOTD, The BT comentators, most of the forum, the new member I alluded to and me  are all out of step except you. I forget what army drill sergeants used to call that but it usually involved  a lot of potato peeling at best. 

I do agree about    the Allinson incident was fortunate ,if it hadn 't have been for their new signing's quick thinking it looked as if Ndidi, Soyuncu and Kasper  and maybe some of the stadium seating, might have been injured..

Edited by Alan Frost
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

I honestly think it's really harsh to say we were "shit" for 70 minutes today. Difficult to watch, yes, but not 'shit'. Liverpool are a formidable side - their 3 attackers on the pitch today have run us ragged for the last 2-3 years. But we held them at bay for 67 minutes. We might have got lucky early on, especially the 2 or 3 times Mane got the better of Amartey. Kasper had it covered when they hit the bar and pulled off a ridiculous point blank save (even though it was offside). We hit the bar too, and got in behind them a few times, though it mostly came to nothing.

But we weren't 'shit'. We were working. Really ****ing hard. Wilf had 19 ball retentions! And even though we went behind, we kept our heads up and took every chance that came to us. Only Allison's double save stopped it from being 4!

Totally agree. I can’t believe the first two pages of this thread are about us shithousing a win! They had all the possession and we dominated. They scored a sensational goal and we hit back with scintillating play. It was triple jeopardy with the free kick for our first (should have been a pen because that’s what the ref gave and who can tell on a double teamed challenge on the line), but in any case we weren’t lucky. They messed up for our second, but Vardy could have had three by half time, and should have had two. We dominated chances, and that’s what it’s all about. 

No shithousery, no luck, dominance. What a game!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

There wasn’t anything of magnitude in all honesty. Even Maddisons free kick (with blue tinted glasses) you could argue was a penalty. In terms of controversial decisions, I doubt they’ve had as many as us!

Theyre so used to salah getting penalties for his dives, they can’t accept VAR didn’t go there way!

I saw the one he did today but I usually notice Mane's. You can almost see the moment when he's worked out that the only way L'pool are going to  score is a penalty. Salah was clever , I'd have to watch it again to be sure but he went down backwards looking as if he'd been pulled -he was n't- the camera had a clear view. It wasn't commentated on at all ,so it was clever, even as to his choice of victim who I think was Ndidi, our best player today, but in Salah's favour I doubt that was calculated.

Either way he and Mane are fine players who will probably soon work out they will get more penalties and play even better. "Earning" penalties by diving takes up too much time (its more difficult than just playing ) There's one team who get a lot more penalties but who missed one against Xtal Palace. They  don't do a lot of diving imo. Burnley recently got probably their fifth maybe ninth since the war, (I made that bit ,the numbers, up) Thay don't do a lot of diving either despite what must be almost irresistable temptation. They probably would n't be very good at it and I suspect their manager would give them hell even when it worked. Same with Cloughie except he'd have dropped them and fined them as well, heavily. 

I once cheated in an exam , i was only in the second year i was 12. I never got caught but it cost me a lot of marks . I never did it again.

Edited by Alan Frost

11 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

Wow. Couldn't follow the game live, that is an outstanding result.  Haven't seen any highlights but I take it there was no free kick, one of our goals was offside and Liverpool deserved to win? 

TBH, the game should never have been played, just give Klopp the points and move on next time.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Relaxing with a whiskey (Chivas Regal 13 yr old) before MOTD, thought I'd browse their forum... Some incredible posts there.

1511214650_Screenshot2021-02-13at22_10_23.thumb.png.9c1ed41231723804b03eb92b8eca1124.png

1265969711_Screenshot2021-02-13at22_10_54.thumb.png.1e0bca2589ddf8d3d8046730224e002e.png

1209091264_Screenshot2021-02-13at22_11_30.thumb.png.68d8639052a74493c8d5d0e4bfe54355.png

355804143_Screenshot2021-02-13at22_12_05.thumb.png.317e41d10bb2e94bfdc2212f8169dd8a.png

2009097214_Screenshot2021-02-13at22_12_47.png.1bad7b823ff94e0d13e276ed6619df0e.png

351332282_Screenshot2021-02-13at22_13_07.thumb.png.16f6edb335bdfdf52e3cfe76e856632b.png

Lmao, the Messiah complex they have with Klopp is hilarious. His tactics were the problem today in a game they should have consolidated. Kept the gas on until players got tired, and brought on Oxlade Chamberlain who just slowed down their already stuttering midfield, allowing us to grow into the last 20 with the energy Barnes and Ricardo had been able to conserve.

Try calling out the fact that his Gegenpress leaves them exposed at the end of games when they tire and you'd think you'd just stolen their hoard of hubcaps.

It really rubs salt in the wounds to note that he was tactically out-thought by Brendan Rodgers today. Try it on Reddit lads, it's fun.

:brendan: