Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 3-1 Liverpool - Post Match Thread

2 hours ago, Alan Frost said:

Too polite to say thats a silly question and obviously Evans may not be ok enough but I think he'll be ok( I hope so) ,  and maybe others had knocks , but bearing that in mind obviously yes. JV needs about another match and I can't think of any improvements from our decreasingly fit  squad. Can't remember our next 3 fixtures but we obviously need 3 points against Villa. Draws are almost as useless as losses for a while. I must be honest and admit I'd have played Ûnder today and certainly would have had him on by the time we scored, which would hardly have affected the result except perhaps favourably. I missed the first 35 minutes so don't know who he'd have replaced. Funnily enough I'd posted to someone  that paradoxically I thought our injuries would improve our team.  I obviouly got that wrong in view of what nearly happened. Well it did happen but we were delivered. If I believed in a god i would certainly believe he moves in Mysterious Ways and might wear blue.

Even !970s managers would know the answer to your question .They would have been taught it as the first basic and also when it did n't apply. On another subject (think I'm running out of posts-I heard that !) I thought Klopp gave an amazingly smart and accurate interview even if it was choking him, I was impressed. Couple that with his reported words before the match and I'm glad we're now six points ahead. He's a very smart cookie imo. 

You obviously didnt watch the game? For 70 minutes bar a great Vardy chance it was incredibly painful to watch. We ultimately made a change to try and influence the game in a positive way.

The side that finished the game and won it was different to that who had started. We changed our shape (and personnel) as confirmed by Roger's at 1-1 to try and win it. 

We are limited on options however.

1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

If wasnt sloppy, we let them press, took the ball off them, then  repeatidly gave the ball back..telling them   there you are...try again..

We gave them 70 minutes...In between we shown them a couple of times, how it might look by showing our Precision in hitting the cross-bar...

& Testing their GK..  Even felt sorry for Salah & gave him a goal....Vardy & Maddison asked Rodgers the time, & asked if they can start playing now...

Maddison shown his Billiard Technic, Vardy won his bet, by saying he doesn't Need any assists, he'll get .... ' by with a little help from his friend '

Then told Barnes..'go on kid, your Time has come'..

We are just a Friendly team, with a foxy-grin with a swish in our our bushy tail....

The pundit-hounddogs  After 5 years are still trying to  suss us out..!!!

we have broken into the Chicken-roosts Top 6, and spitting feathers they cant figure out ...how..!!

Proving Posession isnt  9/10s of the law.....A fox is clever & pretends to be dumb...!

Oh, that’s what it was! My bad, thought it was ‘sloppy’ but it was actually ‘sneaky’ 

21 minutes ago, FoxFromCoalville said:

Only just realised on MOTD that Evans committed a massive foul on mane in the build up to our second... oh well :ph34r:

The amazing thing is if Allison and Kabak didn't try and clear the ball and just left it the phase of play wouldn't have changed and VAR would have been able to go back and look at that incident.

22 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

You obviously didnt watch the game? For 70 minutes bar a great Vardy chance it was incredibly painful to watch. We ultimately made a change to try and influence the game in a positive way.

The side that finished the game and won it was different to that who had started. We changed our shape (and personnel) as confirmed by Roger's at 1-1 to try and win it. 

We are limited on options however.

Despite a great vardy chance? He should have had a hat trick. Now tell me how many chances did Liverpool miss?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Jack1993 said:

Match of the day made us look far better than we were but you know what, they do that for the big teams every week and I love it. Up the boysssssssssss

They show highlights and tbf we had the better highlights. They can't just show Liverpool passing it around the middle of the field for 5 minutes. 

There is no doubt about it over 90 minutes Liverpool looked better but compress it into highlights and we smash them 100%. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cecchini1976 said:

Despite a great vardy chance? He should have had a hat trick. Now tell me how many chances did Liverpool miss?

I don't think it's a stretch to say we were very lucky to win. We were poor and dominated by Liverpool until the Maddison goal. All you'd have to do is look back at the match thread to get a good sense of how that match was going.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Jack1993 said:

Match of the day made us look far better than we were but you know what, they do that for the big teams every week and I love it. Up the boysssssssssss

Not really. Those were the chances.

I guess they could have chosen to show 20 minutes of us giving the ball away, then blocking balls that go for corners and then defending the corners competently. Repeat.

Edited by when_you're_smiling

MOTD's commentary of us is massively overdoing it! I was frustrated as hell for those 70 odd minutes before the sub and system change, because all over the pitch and especially in our half we let them take the ball off of us as soon as we had it back. I couldn't believe it was 0-0 at half time. It wasnt pretty on the eye and the midfield had no outlet. Days like today you wish you were playing with 2 up top but obviously that wasnt us. The last 15 minutes were heavenly though, fair play to BR for tweaking the system in the way that he did.

The one concern I still have right now is the sharpness and pace of passing both between defenders and between defenders and midfield. I watched the villa match after and brighton can pass out quicker and sharper than we are able to do.

10 minutes ago, when_you're_smiling said:

Not really. Those were the chances.

I guess they could have chosen to show 20 minutes of us giving the ball away, then blocking balls that go for corners and then defending the corners competently. Repeat.

We gave the ball away loads, I don’t know why anyone would pretend that we didn’t... but I’m not bothered, we scored more goals and we match on. MOTD didn’t show us giving the ball away a lot, that’s all I’m saying 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Cecchini1976 said:

I think Kaspers save from Firminio was outstanding in first half, I think amarteys slide to stop Mane was incredibly important,  I think Trents free kick that hit the bar was a close call...

I like you love my football club, but for 70 minutes it was tough to watch. However, their goal sparked us in to life as we needed to come out and play with more threat and that in part helped create the fight back in to game. 

It's a wonderful result and we finished them off clinically, but let's not pretend the first 70 minutes weren't painful to watch. Yes its Liverpool but we have to be more engaging than that. Not many teams invite you back in to a game like that.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

I think Kaspers save from Firminio was outstanding in first half, I think amarteys slide to stop Mane was incredibly important,  I think Trents free kick that hit the bar was a close call...

I like you love my football club, but for 70 minutes it was tough to watch. However, their goal sparked us in to life as we needed to come out and play with more threat and that in part helped create the fight back in to game. 

It's a wonderful result and we finished them off clinically, but let's not pretend the first 70 minutes weren't painful to watch. Yes its Liverpool but we have to be more engaging than that. Not many teams invite you back in to a game like that.

You do know firminho’s chance was way offside, so doesn’t class as a chance? Liverpool lucked fresh, but we had a plan and it worked

1 hour ago, FoxFromCoalville said:

Only just realised on MOTD that Evans committed a massive foul on mane in the build up to our second... oh well :ph34r:

Not a foul for me.

That's mainly because I've hated Liverpool and Mane since he dived to win the penalty last season. I just hope it hurt the ****.

33 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

I don't think it's a stretch to say we were very lucky to win. We were poor and dominated by Liverpool until the Maddison goal. All you'd have to do is look back at the match thread to get a good sense of how that match was going.

Liverpool are a top team, and played well today, but looking at actual goal scoring opportunities we had them all