Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

SK Slavia Prague (A) - Pre Match Thread.

4 minutes ago, rachhere said:

Yep - I am sure it will be Fuchs last season with us and so we need to be investing in Luke now. Gutting to think it’s unlikely we will be able to give Fuchs a send off :(. 

It is a great shame. Same for Morgan, as well. It just ain't right.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Raw Dykes said:

I think Thomas has to be ahead of Fuchs now.

I would normally agree, I just think away from home in Europe we need to go with experience. Fuchs has played 50 odd games in European competition plus big international games - that experience is what we need in tough away games. 

• Like 1

I guess we shouldn’t fear some of the big names left in this competition who will likely be in the last 16 / 8 bit casting your eyes down the fixture list is mouth watering, be great to get an Ajax, PSV, AC Milan, Roma or a Napoli... it will no doubt be Man Utd at home though FA Cup mk2!

22 minutes ago, Nick said:

I guess we shouldn’t fear some of the big names left in this competition who will likely be in the last 16 / 8 bit casting your eyes down the fixture list is mouth watering, be great to get an Ajax, PSV, AC Milan, Roma or a Napoli... it will no doubt be Man Utd at home though FA Cup mk2!

They (and we) have to get through first....

#CaptainObvious

• Like 1

You look at their recent record and they basically score three or four goals in every game. Playing a team like that often plays into our hands so we can counter, but if we’re not on it, there’s the chance we could lose heavily and have too much to do in the second leg. They’re obviously going to be full of confidence a d it’s a free shot for them.

Need to go full strength and hit them on the counter. 

13 minutes ago, Nick said:

What’s the situation with u23 players in terms of registration for the Europa competition? Is DC or Tavares or Lesh eligible to play?

Academy U21 players who have trained with the club for 3 or more years don't have to be named in the squad list but are registered on a B list. Leshabela, Tavares and Flynn have all travelled. VDC has only been with us 18 months and wasn't named in the main EL squad so is ineligible.

The current players on the B list from memory are:

Stolarcyzk

Flynn

Nelson

Thomas

Leshabela

Fitzhugh

Tavares

Wright (out on loan)

Shade

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

What I’m getting from this thread is that they are in good form. But aren’t they playing shit every week in the Czech league? Shouldn’t we have far too much for them over two legs?

Or am I missing something?

I thought they were top of the league? Maybe I read that wrong?

1 hour ago, when_you're_smiling said:

You look at their recent record and they basically score three or four goals in every game. Playing a team like that often plays into our hands so we can counter, but if we’re not on it, there’s the chance we could lose heavily and have too much to do in the second leg. They’re obviously going to be full of confidence a d it’s a free shot for them.

Need to go full strength and hit them on the counter. 

Cheers Brendan.   

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Nick said:

I thought they were top of the league? Maybe I read that wrong?

They are a very good and capable side playing in not a very good league.  Their League is ranked 19th by UEFA (SPL 11th).   BUT - Anyone thinking this will be a pushover are massively mistaken.   Red Star Belgrade sorted us out all those years ago and their domestic League was ravaged by War at the time!    So talking about the standard of their League is not necessarily an accurate barometer.   Sadly we are without several key players.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

What I’m getting from this thread is that they are in good form. But aren’t they playing shit every week in the Czech league? Shouldn’t we have far too much for them over two legs?

Or am I missing something?

We should have too much for them over two legs, like we should have beaten Fulham and Leeds at home.

They do play in an inferior league but you can only play what's in front of you and they are 10 points clear. Don't forget, they made it out their group by beating Leverkusen and Nice at home.  

We have to turn up and be professional, we can't underestimate them.  They are a proper banana skin.

• Like 1

Given what's available, this is what i'd play.

Kasper

Amartey Soyuncu Fuchs

Albrighton Ndidi Tielemans Thomas

Maddison

Vardy Barnes

Would be tempted to play Ndidi at centre half and play Mendy in midfield just so we can keep better hold of the ball and have more pace at the back too.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Given what's available, this is what i'd play.

Kasper

Amartey Soyuncu Fuchs

Albrighton Ndidi Tielemans Thomas

Maddison

Vardy Barnes

Would be tempted to play Ndidi at centre half and play Mendy in midfield just so we can keep better hold of the ball and have more pace at the back too.

Is Evans injured?  Have I missed that?