Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

SK Slavia Prague (A) - Pre Match Thread.

5 minutes ago, The Blur said:

Is Evans injured?  Have I missed that?

Not injured, but he looked to pick up a knock against Liverpool and I wouldn't be against resting him considering our options would be bare without him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Blur said:

Is Evans injured?  Have I missed that?

I think it's based on a comment by someone on Tuesday saying him, Vardy and Youri (IIRC) didn't travel. I think this was a day before the squad were due to travel, so it's probably not true.

I don't think he is injured, no. Chance he could be rested after he was limping in the Liverpool match.

Eh, Evans had a dead leg becase Mane ran into his calf muscle at about 40 miles an hour. 

Good luck to Rodgers picking a defence out of that mess! I've got myself in the mind set that I'll settle for scoring tonight even if we lose. The worst thing we can do is not score tonight.

I haven't watched any of Prague but know they've scored a few past very decent teams, so with us rocking up with a rag tag patched up defence I'm expecting us to concede a few. Hopefully the boys at the other end can do the biz. I'll take a Braga style 3-3 :D

33 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

I think it's based on a comment by someone on Tuesday saying him, Vardy and Youri (IIRC) didn't travel. I think this was a day before the squad were due to travel, so it's probably not true.

I don't think he is injured, no. Chance he could be rested after he was limping in the Liverpool match.

Yep, the poster admitted that the 'did not travel thing' was simply a guess presented as fact. Which I might argue was not overly helpful.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Think we might go 352 and try to keep in mind it's a 180 min tie

Kasper 

Amartey Soyuncu Fuchs

Albrighton    Youri    Ndidi     Thomas

Madders

Vardy             Barnes 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Wonder if he’ll start Kelechi tonight and use Vardy as an emergency. Cant see Vardy being started 3 times in a week presuming he’ll be playing against Villa.

I'd be shocked if Kelechi doesn't start.

3 hours ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

What I’m getting from this thread is that they are in good form. But aren’t they playing shit every week in the Czech league? Shouldn’t we have far too much for them over two legs?

Or am I missing something?

Yeah they're like Rangers. Not to be taken lightly be I'd be horrified if we don't beat them over 2 legs.

• Like 1

Kasper, VDC, Amartey, Cags, Fuchs, Ndidi, Madders/Tielemans, Hamza, Under, Nacho, Barnes. 

Potentially switch Madders and Tielemans after around 60 mins so they can both be reasonably fresh for Sunday. We have limited options with the amount of injuries we have so can see quite a few u23s on the bench tonight. Think we will only have Ward, Jakupovic, Albrighton, Thomas, Mendy as the other available first team players. 

Edit. Are Vardy and Evans in the squad? 

Edited by jayfox26

13 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

Can't understand the calls for a back five, look at our form since the home defeat to Everton when we knocked it on the head. The worst performance came against Brighton (the one game since where we played the back five).

Well who plays right back? It'll be a fluid back 3/back 4 with Amartey and Albrighton changing position every so slightly.