Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

SK Slavia Prague (A) - Pre Match Thread.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I think we will be full strength, Rodgers wants the silverware. 

Schmeichel

Amartey

Evans

Soyuncu

Albrighton

Ndidi

Tielemans

Thomas

Maddison

Barnes

Vardy

I think you are right on the back five both for conserving energy for the villa game and for reducing the risk of injuries for me is key.

I was wondering whether we could kick out Maddison for Perez but then I thought that hes only just started a really good run of full games since injury so that fine. The only other change I'd want to make is youri out and possibly for Perez in and to sit behind Maddison or ??. Hes played an immense amount of games this season and imagining the bench I cant picture a like for like unless Maddison fills that hole. If he got injured right now with 14 games because of over playing then I could imagine uproar on here. That said, he is our engine as Rodgers keeps saying.

Edited by UHDrive
Typo

13 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

I think you are right on the back five both for conserving energy for the villa game and for reducing the risk of injuries for me is key.

I was wondering whether we could kick out Maddison for Perez but then I thought that hes only just started a really good run of full games since injury so that fine. The only other change I'd want to make is youri out and possibly for Perez in and to sit behind Maddison or ??. Hes played an immense amount of games this season and imagining the bench I cant picture a like for like unless Maddison fills that hole. If he got injured right now with 14 games because of over playing then I could imagine uproar on here. That said, he is our engine as Rodgers keeps saying.

Perez is out injured for 2 weeks isn't he?

• Like 1

kasper

Amartey               Soyuncu                Fuchs                      Thomas

Ndidi      Youri

Albrighton                                                                   Barnes

Maddison

Iheancho         

59 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

the one problem with your theory is that Perez is injured

1 hour ago, ClaphamFox said:

SfE reckons Iheanacho is starting.

Can't believe I've just goggled that bell end! Can't see any team news but a great of stadium that he has "just arrived at" and somebody replied to highlight it has been hacked as the pic has a really old date in it. 😂 

However he does seem to get the team news right so if he has done it already can someone post it here please.

Getting excited now

3 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

I’m going to guess something like this, in a 3421 which changes to a 541 off the ball. Think something like this is fairly likely

Schmeichel

Amartey Soyuncu Fuchs

Albrighton Tielemans Mendy Thomas

Under Barnes

Vardy

I'd already like the SJB-fox team but this even more. I don't know much about Tavares or even if he's there and would have to trust BR had it strong enough as i don't know much about the opposition either. But something close to this would pretty well guarantee an way goal., mabe a couple or even more.

Edited by Alan Frost

3 hours ago, lcfcsnow said:

Can't understand the calls for a back five, look at our form since the home defeat to Everton when we knocked it on the head. The worst performance came against Brighton (the one game since where we played the back five).

From what I’ve seen theres no call for it, people are just realistic as to what formation we’ll play. Likely to play a 5, especially with ricardo at home 

I’m not expecting a great match tbh. This season is too taxing re injuries to successfully compete in three competitions, one of which involves flights abroad. I hope some of the fringe players get time and force first team consideration.

Play the kids so that we can save our best players for the league in order to qualify for europe next season so that we can then play the kids/second string again????

FFS we are in the knockout stages of a a european cup competition that carries a CL place for the winners.

we have a decent chance in this so why waste it? we are not the PL/CL powerhouse that some seem to think (yet). put out a strong side that stands a chance of at least keeping us in the tie if not winning the actual game. All the BS about needing to finish in european places (preferably CL) to attract and keep good players is nonsense if they think that they wont actually get to play in said competitions because,having qualified, we need to play a weakened side to preserve our league status.

I have no problem with rotating the squad to protect those carrying knocks or recently recovered from serious injury etc but we should always look to put out a team that can win any given game, and this lot are no mugs, especially on their home turf.

That said, i expect Nacho to start with vardy getting minutes  later on

1 minute ago, urban fox said:

Play the kids so that we can save our best players for the league in order to qualify for europe next season so that we can then play the kids/second string again????

FFS we are in the knockout stages of a a european cup competition that carries a CL place for the winners.

we have a decent chance in this so why waste it? we are not the PL/CL powerhouse that some seem to think (yet). put out a strong side that stands a chance of at least keeping us in the tie if not winning the actual game. All the BS about needing to finish in european places (preferably CL) to attract and keep good players is nonsense if they think that they wont actually get to play in said competitions because,having qualified, we need to play a weakened side to preserve our league status.

I have no problem with rotating the squad to protect those carrying knocks or recently recovered from serious injury etc but we should always look to put out a team that can win any given game, and this lot are no mugs, especially on their home turf.

That said, i expect Nacho to start with vardy getting minutes  later on

Erm yeah :blink:

if I had to choose between winning this first leg, or winning Sunday against Villa, it's an easy choice for me. Staying in the top 4 is a far easier path to the Champions League than winning the Europa League. I feel like you have to rest some of our key players like Youri and Vardy. 

Kasper

Amartey - Soyuncu - Fuchs

Albrighton - Choudary - Mendy - Thomas

Under - Iheanacho - Barnes

Edited by Detroit Blues
  • Like 2