Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

SK Slavia Prague (A) - Pre Match Thread.

3 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Rest as many as possible. We need to keep momentum in the PL and have a great chance in the FA Cup. 14 PL games left and 3 FA Cup games to winning it. We have to play 9 to win EL. Let's forget it and play CL next season.

Ward

Daley Campbell/Ricardo

Amartey

Fuchs

Thomas

Mendy

Under

Choudhury

Maddison

Barnes

Iheanacho

Something like that.

That team is still able to achieve a positive result, we ain't forgetting anything, worked all last season to achieve Europa, that team will keep us in the tie to take it back to KP. We can fight on 3 fronts, even when we play our strongest 11, we will lose games at times, I don't believe we will play 9 games in Europa, as we will get knocked out to a stronger team, but playing in those big games builds character, have you seen our last 3 league games? We need to be involved in more big matches before they come along. Thats why I was actually pleased with the FA cup draw. 

Edited by Beachyboy

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Out of interest, say we qualify for the CL next season, would you then advocate for us to chuck ourselves out of it at the last 16, to concentrate on getting top four in the league again?

Endless cycle of qualifying for Europe and then not concentrating on it to make sure we qualify again.

Each to their own views but unless we win EL, we won't be qualifying for CL. CL is the pinnacle and every team should aspire to be there given the chance. I would love to win EL but I see our chances as average whereas we have a great chance of FA Cup success and a Top 4 finish. I normally advocate playing our best team, I was p1ssed when we played a second string at Palace and lost 2 points. However, we are at a stage where we are one defensive injury away from a bit of a crisis.

I am sure Brendan will strike a balance but the important game is Villa away on Sunday. Get a result in Prague while resting some players, perform at Villa then go all out home leg next week if needed. I just feel without fans this campaign is becoming a little irrelevant now. I want European football next season to be able to witness it for home games at least. As I said, if this season had fans I would love to get as far as possible. But that is my view and you can disagree, above is my justification for making my point.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

That team is still able to achieve a positive result, we ain't forgetting anything, worked all last season to achieve Europa, that team will keep us in the tie to take it back to KP. We can fight on 3 fronts, even when we play our strongest 11, we will lose games at times, I don't believe we will play 9 games in Europa, as we will get knocked out to a stronger team, but playing in those big games builds character, have you seen our last 3 league games? We need to be involved in more big matches before they come along. Thats why I was actually pleased with the FA cup draw. 

Exactly, it still has good individuals capable of getting a result and leaving us well in the tie.

Funny how opinions change. At the start of the season I wanted Europa to be our main focus and would’ve been happy with a top 8 finish provided we had a decent attempt at the EL. Now that we’re within touching distance of Champions league again people want us to focus on that. 

Personally not sure we do stand a better chance in the FA cup - Man City, Chelsea, Man U are still in it whereas the best team left in the EL is Man U and they’re playing the second ranked side in the next round anyway. 

However think a bit of rotation will be needed in all games if we are to keep a fresh side. Also the 5 subs in the EL will help - go with a stronger side and can hook the likes of Vardy,  Tielemans and Maddison hopefully at the hour mark.

Schmeichel 

Ricardo - Amartey - Söyüncü- Thomas 

Ünder - Hamza - Tielemans - Barnes 

Maddison

Vardy

12 minutes ago, Foxes96 said:

Funny how opinions change. At the start of the season I wanted Europa to be our main focus and would’ve been happy with a top 8 finish provided we had a decent attempt at the EL. Now that we’re within touching distance of Champions league again people want us to focus on that. 

Personally not sure we do stand a better chance in the FA cup - Man City, Chelsea, Man U are still in it whereas the best team left in the EL is Man U and they’re playing the second ranked side in the next round anyway. 

However think a bit of rotation will be needed in all games if we are to keep a fresh side. Also the 5 subs in the EL will help - go with a stronger side and can hook the likes of Vardy,  Tielemans and Maddison hopefully at the hour mark.

Schmeichel 

Ricardo - Amartey - Söyüncü- Thomas 

Ünder - Hamza - Tielemans - Barnes 

Maddison

Vardy

Great points also winning Europa gives a champions league place in itself, I also believe the FA cup is harder to win yes its 3 matches but the teams left are strong, get a good draw in Europa, an we won't end up playing someone of the level of Man utd in the Quarters. 

I can imagine these surprising a few of us, I wouldn't be shocked to see them turn us over here, but as long as we're not out of it I fancy us to bury the tie in the 2nd leg. They've beaten some good teams in recent years. They'll be tougher than any of our group opponents IMO - especially given they'll throw their first team at us.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Which games were those then?

Well Brentford and Brighton were considerably weaker but not exactly wholesale changes as such. 

Edited original post so you don’t get upset :thumbup:

Edited by TJB-fox

I’d love us to go for this. We’re not in a competition like this often, and while we’ve never won the FA cup, potentially winning a European Cup could be massive. I’d rather try for this more than the FA cup as we’ll always be in the FA cup. European cup runs don’t come round often for teams like us (hopefully they will some more with our league performances!).

• Like 3

This is a tough one to navigate as they shouldn’t be underestimated, they are a very good side - but we do need to probably balance the team selection to try and make the most of the squad while getting a result to some degree (even if it’s a 0-0 and all to play for in the second game). Brendan seems to do this in order to keep us competing on all fronts quite a bit as well, we went stronger with our starting 11 against Stoke in the FA Cup than I thought we would for example. I also don’t think we’d get away with resting both Youri and Wilf for example, it would probably be a step too far. 

Schmeichel

Ricardo Soyuncu Amartey Fuchs Thomas

Ndidi Mendy

Under Maddison

Ihenacho

Bench: Ward / Daley-Campbell / Evans / Albrighton / Choudhary / Tavares / Vardy

5 at the back with Fuchs might be controversial but we can feel our way into the game a bit then - and with the options at the back we can twist - pushing either Ricardo or Thomas forward into midfield with Amartey or Fuchs taking up a full back position instead. Sort of game as well to really get Nacho some minutes and see what he can do, we can always bring Vards off the bench to try and nick a goal later on if need be. Is the subs bench 9 players as well? I can’t remember so went with 7 - If so add Barnes and Leshabala as well

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, TAFKA Castroneves said:

This is a tough one to navigate as they shouldn’t be underestimated, they are a very good side - but we do need to probably balance the team selection to try and make the most of the squad while getting a result to some degree (even if it’s a 0-0 and all to play for in the second game). Brendan seems to do this in order to keep us competing on all fronts quite a bit as well, we went stronger with our starting 11 against Stoke in the FA Cup than I thought we would for example. I also don’t think we’d get away with resting both Youri and Wilf for example, it would probably be a step too far. 

Schmeichel

Ricardo Soyuncu Amartey Fuchs Thomas

Ndidi Mendy

Under Maddison

Ihenacho

Bench: Ward / Daley-Campbell / Evans / Albrighton / Choudhary / Tavares / Vardy

5 at the back with Fuchs might be controversial but we can feel our way into the game a bit then - and with the options at the back we can twist - pushing either Ricardo or Thomas forward into midfield with Amartey or Fuchs taking up a full back position instead. Sort of game as well to really get Nacho some minutes and see what he can do, we can always bring Vards off the bench to try and nick a goal later on if need be. Is the subs bench 9 players as well? I can’t remember so went with 7 - If so add Barnes and Leshabala as well

I think it's up to 12 subs named now in Europa. 5 can be made over 3 separate occasions to limit stopages.

• Thanks 1

It’s all about experience here especially for the away game - Fuchs needs to play at left back and Evans if fit needs to play.

Kasper

Ricardo

Evans

Soyuncu

Fuchs

Ndidi

Tielemans

Maddison

Albrighton

Vardy

Barnes

Get a score draw away, or even a narrow loss with an away goal. This tie will be won or lost at the King Power.

Not only is Europa more important than the FA Cup, we have a better chance to win it considering the other quarterfinalists in the latter.  Slavia is a very dangerous side and if Rodgers tries to halfass this one they'll pound the stuffing out of us.  Start the side you think gives you the best chance to get a result.

I agree we need to give youri a rest but We can’t play 2 dms it never ever works. We just invite pressure on to us. 

With the options so limited I would get mads to play deep next to wilf for this one.

Under or Perez in behind vards or nacho please 

8 minutes ago, peterborofox said:

As others say I hope Tielemans doesn't play. Get him injured then we're in trouble. 

I know what you are saying but should we not play him against Villa either incase he gets injured? This will be a very difficult game. Play a weakened team and we're likely to be out of the competition before we even start the home leg.

They may not have any big stars but they are a very good team, a bit like us in 15/16 and it will take two top performances to get through this tie.