Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

SK Slavia Prague (A) - Pre Match Thread.

Really unsure how to go with this. Play our best available side, try to get a good result the maybe make a couple of changes for the return game to see it through. Or rest a couple here and go stronger at home if needed. I'd probably go with trying to get the best result we can there. Iheanacho for Vardy maybe, under for Albrighton, Thomas for Evans and have Amartey at centre back.

We are great away from home, need to take advantage of that and at the very least come away with an away goal. 

Kasper

Ricardo   Amartey Soyuncu   Fuchs

Mendy      Ndidi 

Under        Maddison      Thomas

Iheanacho

Hate to leave platers out but should be good enough to keep it close and win it over 2 legs. We just have to put faith in every member of the squad now.

• Like 1

Kasper

VDC* - Amartey - Soyuncu - Thomas

Ndidi - Hamza

Maddison

Under - Iheanacho - Barnes

I don't think it will happen by any stretch but it's just preference, here. Huge game at Villa on the Sunday so I'd happily rest Ricardo, Evans (if fit), Tielemans and Vardy - or at least not get them playing a full 90.

Think conditions will be tough so if we come away from Prague with a draw then I'll be satisfied; a bonus if we get an away goal or 2. I'm confident we can play well against them at home and control the game/get the win there but I'd love us to go far in the competition. Having said that, managing the players in an ever-thinning squad is so vital. 

Hopefully Castagne is back for Villa and injury-free.

*If VDC can't play then Ricardo will have to, I guess.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I'm so glad you're not in charge.

Why do you want to jeopardise a Top 4 finish? Would you rather get knocked out FA Cup QF, get to a EL QF and finish 6th/7th in the league? Gotta be realistic here and have EL as an experiment. If fans were in attendance, I would think differently. Wait til we look knackered against Villa and lose that game.

14 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Out of interest, say we qualify for the CL next season, would you then advocate for us to chuck ourselves out of it at the last 16, to concentrate on getting top four in the league again?

Endless cycle of qualifying for Europe and then not concentrating on it to make sure we qualify again.

Bang on, never understood it when people say don't focus on Europe so we can focus on the League in which the objective is to then qualify again for Europe :unsure:

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, TK95 said:

I would go with Iheanacho. Big game next weekend vs Villa so keep Vardy fresh

Bring them both and see how it goes. Start Iheanacho. Sure Jamie is up for a road trip.

1 minute ago, leicesterisme said:

Bang on, never understood it when people say don't focus on Europe so we can focus on the League in which the objective is to then qualify again for Europe :unsure:

We have a good chance of winning the Europa league. Not only a major trophy, which would be amazing, but champions league qualification along with being a pot 1 seed. We will only be pot 4 if we qualify through the league, unless we actually win the league.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Out of interest, say we qualify for the CL next season, would you then advocate for us to chuck ourselves out of it at the last 16, to concentrate on getting top four in the league again?

Endless cycle of qualifying for Europe and then not concentrating on it to make sure we qualify again.

There’s also the point of coefficients - if we get to the quarters, it probably puts us in Pot 3 of any prospective CL draw (and higher up other cup competitions - ability to rest better in 21/22) 

Theres an irony in getting to the CL, end up Pot 4 and have a group which is very difficult 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

Just a bit of sensible rotation for this, I think. I'd probably pick Thomas, Nacho, Under and Hamza/Mendy.

Kasper

Amartey  Evans  Cags  Thomas

Hamza       Ndidi

Under     Maddison   Barnes

Nacho

Subs: Ward, Fuchs, Daley-Campbell (If he is eligible), Ricardo, Mendy, Tavares, Tielemans, Albrighton, Vardy

I suppose, with a 5-day gap before this, we could go full-strength and try to get the tie won in the first leg. We might pay the price against Villa, though. Don't know. It's times like this that I'm glad I'm not the manager.