Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
majaco

Transfer targets ongoing

Message added by Mark,

30 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Bottom line is , no cheap options , Mahrez was a once in a blue moon find and it took him a while to convince me. If we want instant quality we are going to have to pay for it .

Value is the key. Spending a shed load of money doesn't guarantee a signing will work out or said player is good enough, particularly when your an EPL club and there's a premium added to any player you try and sign. See Perez, Ayoze as one example.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Value is the key. Spending a shed load of money doesn't guarantee a signing will work out or said player is good enough, particularly when your an EPL club and there's a premium added to any player you try and sign. See Perez, Ayoze as one example.

See Pepe, Nicholas for £75mill as a prime example. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...apparently having a poor season and not at the level he was previously!!!

We lambasted the club for being possibly linked with Lingard, but we could do with him now. We need a steading force at the back as Fofana and Soyuncu are quick and rash at times, we do not need another player in that mould.

Still think we'll go back in for Tarkowski ...  

• Like 1

Thing is a top class wide player needs to be a two footed ball player who can cross with either foot high or low. Needs pace and preferably physicality . So we are really looking at somebody in their mid twenties. Ten goals a season would be a good target as well. That's a lot of boxes to tick and somebody that well equipped is unlikely to be under the radar. Competition could be fierce and prices can only go one way.

On 21/04/2021 at 14:22, fox_up_north said:

Troare is Akinfenwa but 10 years younger. He should just be a wrecking ball who drives it up the pitch then gives it someone who knows how to play

Maybe we should sign Akinfenwa? 

51 minutes ago, MPH said:

Usually I don’t get this way until a month before the new season starts, but I feel like I’m absolutely desperate for us to sign someone!

Heard mixed reports 

Heard that someone is overpriced, but my mate said someone is quality while another friend said we should avoid someone at all costs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, foxfan92 said:

Heard mixed reports 

Heard that someone is overpriced, but my mate said someone is quality while another friend said we should avoid someone at all costs.

This is true ,we have a very poor record of being right on here when it comes to guessing the Foxes transfer targets!

2 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

I am not entirely convinced we'd get Abraham tbh. I can imagine there's a lot of stumbling blocks on that, really and we'd have to ship someone out. 

Barnes is growing into a better player, anyway. 

Out of curiosity, why have you mentioned Barnes? He plays a different position

• Like 3

22 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

Would Ward-Prowse be worth it for the free kicks alone? 

2 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

No!!! But freekicks and corners... yes :ph34r:

In all seriousness I don’t think that Ward-prowse is much better on set pieces than either Maddison or albrighton. 

The issue is we have a problem that is a combination of not setting up  tactically very well and simply not having the right players to attack (or defend them). 

I think the lack of goals from them just sabotaged Maddison’s confidence for taking them. 

It doesn’t take a genius to work out you’d get better results aiming the ball at vestergaard and bednarek over Jonny and soyuncu (and fofana doesn’t seem to be much better)  And we’re a small side in general. 

7 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

How long did it take??

Great goal, but he still getting away with that cut back and shoot across the goalkeeper trick. Left backs who won't tackle with their right foot ( i.e. Chilwell) make it too easy for him. I am pretty sure JJ would make him use his right which is nothing like as good.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I’ve seen nothing yet to show me that he has a clue how to play centrally up top ....... 

Try facing the telly when he's back  :)

..he's got pace, got confidence before his injury, was making the runs at defenders and off the ball. I genuinely see him as JV's replacement in 2yrs time if we can hang on to him. He needs to be given time to make mistakes and get more experience. 

2 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Great goal, but he still getting away with that cut back and shoot across the goalkeeper trick. Left backs who won't tackle with their right foot ( i.e. Chilwell) make it too easy for him. I am pretty sure JJ would make him use his right which is nothing like as good.

But you said it took him a while to convince you. At the time he was a 400k player in the Championship. That was one early example of his calibre.

Just now, HankMarvin said:

But you said it took him a while to convince you. At the time he was a 400k player in the Championship. That was one early example of his calibre.

Back then it was his skinny frame and lack of any defensive skills that concerned me.