Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
majaco

Transfer targets ongoing

Message added by Mark,

9 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Looks like there will be plenty of interest in Ghezzal in the summer

http://sportwitness.co.uk/club-will-everything-sign-leicester-player-summer-future-king-power-uncertain-rodgers/

Club ‘will do everything’ to sign Leicester player this summer – Future at King Power ‘uncertain’ under Rodgers

Flopping hard at Leicester City following his move from Olympique Lyonnais back in 2018, Rachid Ghezzal has had to go on a handful of loans in order to avoid stagnating on the King Power Stadium bench.

The first was to Fiorentina, where the Algeria international had a difficult time for most of his time there, and a return to the Foxes saw him seek out another temporary deal, ending up at Besiktas.

This time, however, the loan has gone very well, with the winger assisting 13 goals and scoring one in 21 league appearances this season, which has caused the Turkish club to seek a permanent deal.

The news comes from Foot Mercato in France, who reveal Besiktas ‘will do everything to keep him at the end of the season’, with Ghezzal’s future at Leicester ‘uncertain since Brendan Rodgers doesn’t really count on him’.

However, his performances in the Süper Lig haven’t gone unnoticed by the other big guns, since Galatasaray, Fenerbahçe and ‘other European clubs’ could ‘come knocking at the door, especially if he ends the season as he started it’.

That could be great news for Leicester, who didn’t include a purchase clause in the loan with Besiktas, meaning that any club wanting to buy Ghezzal will have to start negotiations from scratch.

With one year left on the player’s contract, there will be limits as to the amount the Foxes can secure, but this is exactly what they will have been hoping for when they agreed to the move in the first place.

Wasn’t he another one like Perez who didn’t really have the speed to be a winger but might have been ok as a 10? Perhaps he would have been useful in recent times when we’ve been thin in that position.

16 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Looks like there will be plenty of interest in Ghezzal in the summer

http://sportwitness.co.uk/club-will-everything-sign-leicester-player-summer-future-king-power-uncertain-rodgers/

Club ‘will do everything’ to sign Leicester player this summer – Future at King Power ‘uncertain’ under Rodgers

Flopping hard at Leicester City following his move from Olympique Lyonnais back in 2018, Rachid Ghezzal has had to go on a handful of loans in order to avoid stagnating on the King Power Stadium bench.

The first was to Fiorentina, where the Algeria international had a difficult time for most of his time there, and a return to the Foxes saw him seek out another temporary deal, ending up at Besiktas.

This time, however, the loan has gone very well, with the winger assisting 13 goals and scoring one in 21 league appearances this season, which has caused the Turkish club to seek a permanent deal.

The news comes from Foot Mercato in France, who reveal Besiktas ‘will do everything to keep him at the end of the season’, with Ghezzal’s future at Leicester ‘uncertain since Brendan Rodgers doesn’t really count on him’.

However, his performances in the Süper Lig haven’t gone unnoticed by the other big guns, since Galatasaray, Fenerbahçe and ‘other European clubs’ could ‘come knocking at the door, especially if he ends the season as he started it’.

That could be great news for Leicester, who didn’t include a purchase clause in the loan with Besiktas, meaning that any club wanting to buy Ghezzal will have to start negotiations from scratch.

With one year left on the player’s contract, there will be limits as to the amount the Foxes can secure, but this is exactly what they will have been hoping for when they agreed to the move in the first place.

If we can recoup 8 million for Ghezzal that's great news tbf, small margins like that improve our flexibility next window a lot.

https://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/fotboll/a/R90KO2/avslojar-landslagsmittbacken-jagas-av-premier-league-klubbar

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/filip-helander-attracting-rangers-transfer-23804759.amp

Allegedly us and Aston Villa are interested in Rangers CB Filip Helander

If we have a limited budget what is the must have position for transfer this summer, is it still RW as it was for sometime or has the need for a Striker, CAM another CB taken over?

I very much doubt we can go out and buy 2 players at 30m+ let alone 3 so it got me thinking what has hit us hardest with all the injuries this season and for me it’s been that Maddison position.
BR has managed to mould the players we have to cover various positions and formations and the switch to 3 (boring 5 when we lose) at the back and having WBs has kind of negated the in balance of not having a natural Barnes on the right and whilst Nacho and Perez have done well recently we miss that natural link player.

We know the most important player is Youri and if cards are dealt differently next season and he’s the 1 with a long term injury we would struggle but we can’t spend upwards of 30m just on cover for him, thankfully he seems robust and maybe KDH can cover for natural breaks so I’m thinking we need that 1 forward player who can play in various formations BR uses and I keep coming back to Courtinho.

If papers are to be believed he will only cost 35m then wages are down to him and the club but he can play left, right or centre and is comfortable in which ever position. So for 35m that covers the inverted wingers and #10 with full/wing backs providing width in what ever shape we play meaning he would play in most games so bang for buck it far outweighs a natural RW costing 30m+ who is limited to formation and another high costing centre #10 type.

1 hour ago, BKLFox said:

If we have a limited budget what is the must have position for transfer this summer, is it still RW as it was for sometime or has the need for a Striker, CAM another CB taken over?

I very much doubt we can go out and buy 2 players at 30m+ let alone 3 so it got me thinking what has hit us hardest with all the injuries this season and for me it’s been that Maddison position.
BR has managed to mould the players we have to cover various positions and formations and the switch to 3 (boring 5 when we lose) at the back and having WBs has kind of negated the in balance of not having a natural Barnes on the right and whilst Nacho and Perez have done well recently we miss that natural link player.

We know the most important player is Youri and if cards are dealt differently next season and he’s the 1 with a long term injury we would struggle but we can’t spend upwards of 30m just on cover for him, thankfully he seems robust and maybe KDH can cover for natural breaks so I’m thinking we need that 1 forward player who can play in various formations BR uses and I keep coming back to Courtinho.

If papers are to be believed he will only cost 35m then wages are down to him and the club but he can play left, right or centre and is comfortable in which ever position. So for 35m that covers the inverted wingers and #10 with full/wing backs providing width in what ever shape we play meaning he would play in most games so bang for buck it far outweighs a natural RW costing 30m+ who is limited to formation and another high costing centre #10 type.

....if Maddison is out then where does he fit!!!

If we continue this system with Maddison back, then there is no room, only the bench or go to 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1 (means dropping Nacho) in order to accommodate him. I understand the three in one theory but having him as a utility player seems a bit extravagant.

2 hours ago, BKLFox said:

I think the right winger we sign will be one who is equally as adept at playing in the 10 role, like Faivre.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BKLFox said:

If we could sign only one player it would be a RW for me

1 minute ago, OhYesNdidi said:

If we could sign only one player it would be a RW for me

Agreed. We all want a few players in a dream world, but realistically, we only need to strengthen in one area.

Another striker and Choudhury upgrade would be ideal.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sdb said:

Agreed. We all want a few players in a dream world, but realistically, we only need to strengthen in one area.

Another striker and Choudhury upgrade would be ideal.

Faivre or Trincao and let KDH and Tavares fight for Choudhury's positon in the squad. That seems realistic.

3 hours ago, BKLFox said:

Jesus. Coutinho for 35mil. In my dreams. Still think his best position is somewhere between a deep lying playmaker and attacking midfielder. Think that playing him up in front three or on the wing has been his demise at Barca. Love to see him work with Rodgers again. Match made in heaven.

A pure RW is not required, at least with the WB focus we seem to be showing. Agree that it may be temporary until Harvey and a decent RW comes in, but I am not sure.  :dunno:

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

A pure RW is not required, at least with the WB focus we seem to be showing. Agree that it may be temporary until Harvey and a decent RW comes in, but I am not sure.  :dunno:

Yeah I think you're right. That's why someone like Faivre who has strong defensive stats as well as being creative and possibly seen more as a long term ACM is more what would benefit this current team and systems we play. With Sowah coming back too who's equally as versatile it makes most sense.

• Like 1

Agree with the above. However an exceptionally good TW option might be affordable in the summer window IF we make CL and certainly in the current financial climate. Depends if we can do it without jeopardising our long term financial stability. 

doubt we will see any £100 million transfers this window. Maybe a few £50-£60 million signings, but the market will be depressed, clubs will not be rushing to pay the big ticket price tags and some bargains might be had. 

I hope we do good, sensible business and add depth to the squad with maybe a standout addition. Time will tell. 

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

The 3412 formation presents a very interesting problem for us. Like many I've been of the opinion that a top class inside right forward would take the team to another level, and that might still be the case. But 3412 has made Iheanacho into one of the best strikers in the league, and Perez actually looks like a 30m player in the same system. Soyucnu, Evans, Fofana and Kasper at the back is as good as anything in Europe, especially with Ndidi in front of those 3. Ricardo, Castagne, Justin and even Albrighton are great option for wing backs. Barnes could play instead of Vardy, Maddison can come in for Perez. Maybe the system we are currently using is the best use of the players we have in our squad and we should embrace that rather than change it?

Maybe instead of looking for players to challenge for first team places, it's another case of having more squad options? We don't have someone to deputise for Tielemans so IMO that is a priority. Edouard for 15m would also be a no-brainer deal to make.

I tend to agree, though Brendan likes flexibility, so he'll want to be able to switch between 3412 and 4231 - which is where JJ is especially useful as we can switch during a game without making substitutions.

But if 3412 is to be favoured, we need a (preferably) left-sided CB and cover for Youri, as well as a striker. Edouard, Soumare, and a CB for 3412, Faivre or Thauvin for 4231?

Edited by Steve Earle